Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on October 29, 2012
I've worn Carhartts for years in my wood/metal studio. Jackets, pants, beanies, gloves etc. The stitching is just going down the drain. These pants are great for that work outside in Colorado winter bucking wood or pounding billet. The canvas duck still wears like IRON, but the sizing varies-- up to and inch in the waist and inseam. The stitching on the hem might come loose a bit. Just whip stitch it back.

If you are looking for hardy work pants, these are they, however be wary of too much heat near you legs-- the lining IS NOT FLAME PROOF. If you drop some slag on your leg the fleece lining will melt. Carhartt makes a flame proof lined pant.
on December 13, 2012
jeans were very long, very stiff (although if you're using htem for work, this is what you want) and the lining was very thin- incredibly thin- I was not impressed with the lining at all. I have some carhartt fleece lined jeans without the double front leg material such as these jeans have, and hte lining in those fleece lined jeans is at least twice as thick as the lining in these double front jeans is- although, even with my other carhartt jeans, the fleece was not as thick in those jeans as some I've had in the past, either- but the fleece in my other jeans is at least adequate.

These double front jeans were also more than an inch too long compared with my other jeans of the same ordered length. While these are the typical Carhart 'wear like iron' jeans with reinforced front leggings, just keep in mind that this 'wear like iron' toughness also translates into 'feels like iron' and 'weighs like iron' and 'is capable of defecting direct strikes from a Samurai Sword'" (not really, but they are a rough jean- they will soften some when worn and washed about a billion times, but until then just remember that you're buying these jeans more for toughness than for comfort. These jeans felt like they could withstand an attack by an angry beaver, or samurai sword, but I doubt they'd stand up to an angry wife or girlfriend who just found out that you lied about what happened to the last of the rocky roads ice cream (like she was going to beleive that you actually defrosted the freezer for her and accidently lost the icecream in the process--- yeah sure). Anyways- buy these if you can't afford a kevlar vest or pants, they will offer adequate protection agaisnt all things sharp and pointy- Buy these if you never want to see your feet again (being that they are so long), buy htese if you are a rattlesnake wrangler- however, if you're looking for comfortable, thickly lined jeans, you might want to look elsewhere. I am givign htem 4 Stars though because if you need tough work jeans, or tough field jeans to protect agaisnt thorns, briars and such, and you are resigned to havign jeans that aren't as comfortable as most jeans, then these jeans will work nicely and likely last a very long time. This is not what I was looking for in a jean, so I returned them- They were also too long, but the waist seemed to be the right size-
on December 18, 2015
Almost every piece of clothing I own is Carhartt, the name was introduced to me 30+ years ago when I was welding offshore, now at 58 years young and living on the family ranch, I depend on the name as much as I did when I was "waving my magic stick around" to put two pieces of pipe together forever - our ranch sees temps down to -40 and when I'm cutting firewood I want an out fit as tough as I can get, but when I travel the 84 miles to town, I want to look nice. Carhartt fills both of my needs and lasts, I have a pair (I can't get into them anymore) that I bought 20 years ago, yes they are made in Mexico, so what, if the company needs to go outside the U.S. so I can afford the same quality as I always have recieved, as a business owner (in the past) I completely understand - Quality, Looks and Durability at a good price is what I look for. Thanks Amazon for the ability to buy good clothing at a good price, from the backwoods of Wyoming, along with fast shipping, buy a pair, wash them 3x's and you will be happy also
on January 16, 2016
As always when you buy Carhartt your buying the best. My only issue is the inseam is long. I have about 15 pairs of Carhartt pants all different styles all 32" inseam all fit great. These Flannel lined pants are very long, they fit like a 34" inseam. I would suggest buying one size shorter than normal. Waist fit the same.
on December 17, 2014
I ordered these Carhartt flannel lined work pants for my husband because he loves the Carhartt double front panel jeans that he already has. However, even though we ordered the same exact size as the previous pair, they fit very oddly. Before being washed the first time, the length was actually about 2 inches longer than what we ordered, and the waist fits more snug than the previous pair of the same size. So now I have washed them once, and although the length shrunk a little, so did the waist. They are so uncomfortable now that he won't wear them to work.
on November 24, 2015
First pair I ordered was WAY to long, even though I ordered the same length as other Carhartt pants I have purchased in the past. Not a big deal, I knew it wasn't free returns when I ordered it so I ate the 10$ return shipping and ordered a 30" (the original ones I ordered were 32"). Once i got the right size they have been awesome. Spent an entire day outside in 20 degree weather with 15-20 mph winds and my legs never got cold. The double knees make them even warmer especially when kneeling on concrete or decking and should ensure that they don't wear out in the knees (where all my other pants wear out first).
on April 6, 2014
Carrhart used to make a great pair of pants, rugged, long lasting,
durable, and a really great fit.

I ordered a pair of flannel lined work paints . 32" x 30"
I received what was labeled 32" x 30" , but, when I measured them
they were actually 32" x 32" and they felt even larger. unusual for carrhart.

I 've had Flannel lined paints in the past and they just don't cut it in the cold .
I haven't ruled out the quilted ones .
If they made a fleece lined work pants, ( not just in jeans) I'd get a dozen ...
Fleece lined are very warm , and even more comfortable.
I'm no longer inpressed especially at the price they're asking .

Out door trades .....
on March 21, 2015
I'd recommend ordering a little larger than usual to accommodate shrinking in the wash. These are very well built durable pants - but know that the brass rivets go all the way through - and can give you a surprise on cold mornings. You can never go wrong with Carhartt.
on December 15, 2013
I have a few pair of the unlined version, I wanted something significantly warmer but with the same wear quality. These are the same as the unlined on the exterior but the flannel lining is almost nonexistent. Very thin, not the rough tough quality I expected from Carhartt. They are warmer than the non-lined pant, but I still need to wear a layer of long underwear when working outside in the winter ops, which is what I was hoping to alleviate.
on February 12, 2013
I ordered these pants for my husband, forgetting that Carhartts run a little long. As he lives in his Carhartts during our winters here in Michigan, when they arrived (quickly) we needed to return them. I've never experienced such great service from a vendor! We received the first pair on a Tuesday, UPS picked them up for return on Wednesday, the second pair was received on Thursday (our debit account credited for 1st pair) - and notified on Friday that the first pair had been returned!

With the economy the way it is - and disappointments abounding all around - what a treat it is to have this experience!

See 1 answered question