Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Carhartt Men's Arctic Quilt Lined Yukon Active Jacket J133
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on January 6, 2011
I am a Cable TV Technician in Southern Southeast Alaska for over 21 years; I was a hypothermia victim several times during my younger days before working for the Cable Company and just recently got attacked again last October.
This means I am more sensitive & prone to cold weather & easily get hypothermia, it is very hard to warm up after working outdoors.

I started searching on line for a real winter arctic jacket & always liked & think of Carhartt so I found the jacket I wanted which is a Carhartt Men's Extremes Arctic-Quilt Lined Coat.
I have been wearing it for several months and found it to be so much warmth & comfort even in a raining & windy day out on the telephone pole; it is remarkable product I am truly proud of & I'm no longer fearful of the cold weather. It is a truly an Alaskan outdoor jacket I can count my life on.
77 comments|155 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 24, 2012
I needed a new winter coat and I like Carhartt in the past but never tried their polyester stuff-always cotton. But I liked the water resistance living in New England where snow can flip to rain no problem. Got the coat, pretty excited, pulled it out of the bag and the freaking thing is like PLYWOOD. My wife is cracking up - I'm 6'4" so I got the large tall- always works Carhartt or Dickies. But the coat was poofy Im telling you - like a XXL AND the hood was so stiff it wouldn't lay down! So my wife is calling me the michelin man and I am looking at return policies but then it hit me: just got to break it in.

SO! If you get this coat throw that mug in the washer and fill it with warm water. Put in a cup of vinegar. Let it soak for hours. Rinse. Do it again. Do it again. Then put it in the dryer with a couple sneakers and let it run and run. That shrunk it up almost perfect and the hood could lay down. Now it just needs about a year of real wear. Don't do this if you like the poof or need the poof- because it really shrunk up a couple inches in the trunk. The sleeves and waist stayed pretty good, but getting the tall helped with that.

Now I love this coat and will probably have it for the rest of my life. I just wanted to let people know don't freak out when you get it out of the box and it feels like a pizza box.
44 comments|65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2014
For the past two years I have worn the standard Carhartt duck jacket during the winter, until it was stolen last November. I loved the last jacket, so of course the first thing I did when buying a new one was check to see what Carhartt had to offer, and this is what I settled on.

I live in Michigan, and I never had issues staying warm with the duck jacket, but I immediately noticed a difference in the Extremes Arctic Quilt jacket. It is definitely warmer than the standard Carhartt. The interior seems to be more thickly quilted, and the exterior material is just as durable as the standard duck, while being even more wind and rain resistant.

Other than the thicker quilting and exterior material this jacket is basically the same as the Carhartt Duck Active Jacket. The hood, outer pockets and exterior pockets are virtually the same. For those of you who have never purchased a Carhartt, the hood and interior pockets are what you would expect from any jacket. The exterior pockets are large and spacious, but do not offer much warmth. This has never bothered me, as they are large enough to comfortably store a pair of gloves in at all times.

A lot of reviewers have mentioned how stiff the jacket is when you originally receive it. The jacket is stiff, but no stiffer than other Carhartt jackets. Wear it around for a day or two and you won't even notice. It's a simple process called "breaking it in" that apparently not many Amazon customers are aware of.

Long story short, this is an excellent jacket to keep you protected from the elements, and what else could you really want from a jacket?
on February 8, 2010
This jacket lives up to its great reputation for durability and warmth. It is a little stiff, like others have mentioned, but it doesn't take long to break it in. It sure keeps the wind out and is very comfortable to wear. The black color is great too. The hood is terrific for keeping the wind out, and provides additional warmth. Love it!
11 comment|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 24, 2013
Great coat! I have three Carhartt coats and of the three this is the warmest and lightest. It is design the same as all my others, but the material it's made of is 100% nylon, which is great against the cold winter wind here in Michigan.
on December 18, 2012
Pros:The 1000 Denier Nylon, repels water quite well, with the added benefit of being great at protecting you from cutting winds. The quality of material, zipper, and stitching are good. This coat seems "bullitt-proof". It should last for years. The inside breast pockets are useful.

Cons: The characteristics of the Nylon that provide you with such good protection have a trade-off: Its stiffer than other coat materials. The hood doesn't lay flat. When driving a vehicle, the coat tends to want to rise upward on your torso, and into your chin, creating a shoulder pads effect. Also, the "Extreme Arctic" billing is a little over-blown. It is a fairly warm coat, but you'll never confuse it with a down or synthetic insulated parka!

I would recommend this coat to anyone who has to work outdoors in cold, wet weather. If you team it up with the available bib overalls, you'll really stay warm and dry. Also great for anyone who spends a lot of time in the woods. The coat is pretty much impervious to damage from being caught on branches and briars. Coat is purpose built for extreme protection, but not for comfort.
on July 19, 2015
I just received the product. Excellent quality. The outer layer is like alligator skin. The only thing I should of did was order a size smaller. But it will do. A little hot wash with hot drying should shrink it just enough.
review image
on July 31, 2011
Product is good. please order one size smaller. i guess the cutting is big.
I wear a L for most product, but could have ordered a Medium Tall if they had one.
on January 29, 2014
It is stiff like everyone says. But that doesn't bother me. I am female, 5'10" average/athletic build and have a VERY difficult time finding a jacket that I can wear over other layers. Even Carhartt women's jackets, size large, are too short in the arms and will not fit over a thick sweatshirt or if I'm wearing two layers, which I commonly do this time of year. So I got a men's large in this jacket, which is a bit too big overall but I don't care. I am super, super warm. It's better than my old down-fill jacket from another brand. I can put my Arborwear sweatshirts or other Carhartt clothes under this and still have a ton of mobility and a ton of warmth. I'm no fashion snob. I spent a lot of time outdoors, woodworking and walking my dogs and this jacket is the bomb. Dirt just brushes off the exterior with ease. The length is perfect. And best part is, I can wash it. My down jackets are never the same after washing and if you live in outerwear and get down and dirty (I live on 20 acres with Labs), then you need to wash your jackets at some point. We had a stiff, cold wind the other night and I was standing outside in slippers and thin knit pants and wearing this jacket, waiting for my dogs to do their business, which is never quick no matter what the temperature is. I was not cold at all. Couldn't feel the wind except on my legs. Will be wearing it for years to come.
on July 7, 2014
This coat is made for a tank. It adds plenty of HP and armor. When you wear this and go in like a wrecking ball, you can smash right through the wall!

I highly recommend this for fighting those cold attacks, such as Nunu's ult. It is also very rugged. Great for fending off pokes from Shaco and that pesky Kha'Zix.

Get this as your 2nd or 3rd item and you will carry so hard.
77 comments|7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse