5.0 out of 5 stars Love this wallet
I wear my wallet in the front for comfort and theft prevention. The only thing I don't like is that the ID holder is on the back of the wallet. Given it's Carhartt, I feel like a cowboy when I bust this puppy out. I should have been a cowboy, I should have learned to rope and ride.
Published 15 months ago by patrick

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent, but you can do better
This is not a "bad" wallet, it's just not terrific either.

Published on September 24, 2011 by D. Freckleton

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent, but you can do better, September 24, 2011
This is not a "bad" wallet, it's just not terrific either.

My main gripe with this wallet is the front ID pocket. It just does not hold your ID well, at least not if you only have 1 or 2 cards in there. This is mostly the nature of having an open pocket window on the outside, along with a "thumb cut-out" that doesn't help with the pocket's grip. I've lost my ID a number of times; I'm lucky I haven't lost it for good.

I wasn't sure what the elastic band was for when I saw it online. Now that I've seen it in person, I can't say I like it much. It can help, if only a little, with keeping the ID window tighter. However, it can become a real nuisance if you end up taking it off and putting it back on every time you use the wallet.

The material is a mix of leather and canvas, with a total of 10 pockets. 6 horizontal sliders, 2 vertical sliders, the billfold section, and the ID window. The material is better then some other wallets, though a tad stiffer then what I prefer.

When I bought this wallet, I was looking to replace my previous billfold. I prefer a thin wallet, and while this is no heavy-weight, it was thicker then what I had hoped for. My previous wallet had a flip out ID pocket; I assumed that by eliminating this and placing the ID up front, I would get a thinner wallet. This is not the case, as they are more or less the same thickness. Not a big deal, but worth mentioning.

In summation, after trying this wallet, I begin to question whether a traditional billfold was even what I wanted. I considered a money clip, but decided against the idea (too loose, too 'naked'). I ended up going with a Genuine New Leather Credit Card Holder Wallet ID Window, which I quite like. Slim, flexible, and very simple.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this wallet, July 10, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice wallet, January 21, 2014
This review is from: Carhartt Men's Front Pocket Wallet (Apparel)
The wallet for the money is great. The pocket slides on the inside that holds your i.d., credit cards, is very nice and tight with no worries of them falling out. The strap is also a nice addition and the overall look and feel of wallet is worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Wallet, November 16, 2010
This review is from: Carhartt Men's Front Pocket Wallet (Apparel)
Very nice simple wallet. Smells like the real genuine leather that it is. Love the elastic band that keeps it tightly secured. Good buy. And it ocmes with a cool Cartartt tin as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Carhartt High Quality....as you would expect, October 4, 2014
This review is from: Carhartt Men's Front Pocket Wallet (Apparel)
Extremely well made, as you would expect from Carhartt. Card slots actually big enough to get a card into, elastic holding strap easy to get used to and a real plus. One star off because this is a bit bulky to be called a front pocket wallet. Just a slightly narrower and shorter regular wallet, so on the thick side. The trade off is that this will likely last a lot longer than the slim one it replaced. Great with jeans, but flops a bit with dress clothes. Like it a lot, feel comfortable recommending to anyone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Small Wallet, August 8, 2014
This review is from: Carhartt Men's Front Pocket Wallet (Apparel)
Well, awesome wallet and easy to clean. Like many other said - the elastic band stretches out to become completely unusable and eventually has to be cut off as it becomes rather annoying just flopping around. I do wish the ID card slot was tighter, however I'm thinking there may be some way to easily obtain some extra security in this regard. Good product overall, only minor complaints.

3.0 out of 5 stars Still a nice design and perfect for carrying in the front pocket ..., July 13, 2014
This review is from: Carhartt Men's Front Pocket Wallet (Apparel)
Well-built, though I question the durability of the elastic strap. Is a little wider than credit cards, causing an odd bend at the top where there is no credit cards to hold it apart. Still a nice design and perfect for carrying in the front pocket or bag.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good wallet, only lasted me three years, July 12, 2014
This review is from: Carhartt Men's Front Pocket Wallet (Apparel)
It's a good wallet, but not super durable. After three years of use, the elastic is stretched out to the point that it won't hold the wallet closed any longer, and the credit card slots into which I put more than a single card are starting to tear along the seams. It's good enough that I'll probably buy a second one, but I'm a little disappointed that it didn't last longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it. Works perfect as a front pocket wallet, July 7, 2014
This review is from: Carhartt Men's Front Pocket Wallet (Apparel)
Love it. Works perfect as a front pocket wallet. Holds everything I need it to and is still not bulky

4.0 out of 5 stars PLEASED, June 21, 2014
This review is from: Carhartt Men's Front Pocket Wallet (Apparel)
I see product and would get another! Great wallet for MEN!
Everybody ask me were did I get the wallet from!

Carhartt Men's Front Pocket Wallet,Tan,One Size