Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on January 23, 2013
I bought my son-in-law a pair of these for Christmas in 2011. He didn't need them until about three weeks ago. He said he used them about two weeks and they ripped apart at the seams along the thumbs. A pair of gloves this expensive should last at least one or two seasons. Carhart really surprised me making something that poor of quality. I have written Amazon to see if they will replace them or refund my money. If the newer ones are sewn better I would take replacements because he still needs the gloves. He was working in 11 degrees yesterday. With as many people's reviews showing that the seams are ripping, Amazon should pull these gloves off their site unless they have been improved.They are advertisd as work gloves. My son-in-law handles heavy propane tanks all day. He needs gloves that are warm, waterproof, tough, and that can grip well.
on April 12, 2013
Pros: Waterproof and breathable (Gore-Tex)
Well made

Cons: Not particularly warm
Slippery material in palm and fingers
Little dexterity
Velcro wrist strap adds time when you put on and take off

If you live somewhere that doesn't experience really cold winter weather (oh, Virginia, let's say) these Carhartt gloves will probably be OK. Here in northern Michigan, though, they are just not warm enough to be an every day winter glove. If It's below 20*F, I have learned to leave these in the closet.
It's a little funny, too, that these are billed as "work gloves". They are fairly rigid and afford very little dexterity. Something like picking up a drywall screw and loading it onto a bit tip would be impossible with these gloves -- at which point you'll discover that undoing and re-fastening that velcro wrsit strap gets old quickly.
I think these will hold up pretty well over the long haul, so I have decided to keep them but I'm definitely not in love with them. Not what I expected from Carhartt.
on November 17, 2013
I bought these gloves for shoveling and blowing snow. They were brand new until 8am this morning. At 1115 I noticed that the seam in the palm of the left hand had opened up at the base of the thumb. My hands were warm and dry until then. I have never before had a bad experience with a Carhartt product, but I will not even do them the courtesy of telling them about this. I am out 50 bucks but I call it a learning experience.
on February 7, 2013
These are very warm work gloves if you want to call them that. You really can't feel your fingers at all when you wear them. Tool use is impossible and I was a little disappointed in the quality. The seam along the thumb of one of the gloves let go. It wasn't cut, the stitching just fell apart. That said, I used these things hard for two months and they kept my hands warm doing tree work in 15 degree weather.
on September 6, 2013
I like the Velcro but could see why someone would not that had to take these off during the day frequently . These are nice gloves good to about 25 degree's . They are comfortable but bulky . The durability is not work glove quality but they are great for colder fall and spring days outside in general . They are not peak winter gloves for under 25 degree's you will get cold hands if you can't use large pockets also to keep hands and fingers warm .The nose wipe is on the thumb . I never find it when I need it but it is there . I was very happy to purchase these on clearance . They are very soft and comfortable inside . I wear a 11 and ordered the xxl . I can fit liners inside so I can use them down below 0 with quality ones . I hate paying full retail but I doubt if you want nice gloves you will be disappointed these are stylish . Would call them more ski gloves and they do have the attachment clips so you can keep them paired . Very nice for practical dress in cold climates . I am in Michigan 40 miles west of Carhartt . They make and sell quality stuff even the imported items .

Note it was zero this morning and I was only able to get about 20 minutes until I had to ball my fingers together in the palms they were numb from snow blowing . My pair is holding up very well but I do not use them for work . I found when it gets cold gloves with a gauntlet are warmer ,
on August 4, 2014
Bought these for my husband to go to an outdoor hockey game this past season. We splurged to buy these nice gloves that we thought he could wear ice fishing, ect... The first & only time he wore them- he got a hole in them! What happened to the Carhartt name? The price is there, but the quality is NOT. I'm hoping to get a refund/return?
on February 24, 2016
Decent gloves until they started coming apart at the seams between the palm and the thumb. Bought them for bike commuting in the winter. These gloves barely lasted through the season before falling apart.
on June 18, 2016
Not very rugged, so not really intended for normal "work", but they are warm gloves and will keep your hands dry. I use them while operating open-air snow removal equipment, and they are great for that.
VINE VOICEon January 1, 2012
I dont use these for work, I really just wanted warm gloves for snowmobiling and 4wheeling in the winter. I wear a sz large so the other review had me wondering if I needed a XL but the L fits great. Im not sure about tightness at the wrist, they arent tight at all until you use the velcro strap.

The important thing is their warmth and I dont get cold hands with all the wind from 4wheeling so I cant see many things colder than that. I question calling them work gloves, they are very thick and I just cant imagine doing a lot of work in them....not the kind that requires any dexterity in the fingers. But they are a lot warmer than the Columbia gloves I had before and allow the movement to still operate the controls of a 4wheeler and so they meet all my expectations!
on February 16, 2016
I purchased the Carhartt Gore-Tex Windproof gloves in January. I wore them exactly 4 times. They seams have split between the index finger and pinkey finger. I have only worn the gloves in London as I went on a 4 day touring vacation. They split on the 3rd day. I must say very disappointed. They seem to do well in keeping my hands warm. I know now that they are split, the actual windproof and gore-tex is compromised and will cause problems keeping my hands warm. I wanted to return them but I am outside the return policy by 10 days. These are not good gloves and should be make much better than they are for the price. I would like to return these for a new pair as they are of no use to me at this point. A waist of hard earned money.
review image