Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale

on January 26, 2012
Purchased this for my husband, who runs his own construction business. He is really hard on his work clothes and has gone through numerous jackets, pants, shirts, etc in the past. Finally started buying Carhartt--and we will never go back! This jacket is by far the best jacket he has owned. He says that it keeps him warm when working (important on those cold winter MN days when he works outside!), but not too hot. It cleans up great--and still looks new even though he's been using it everyday. Just throw it in the washer--comes out looking great. He likes it so much, in fact, that he ordering the same jacket (but in a different color) to use as his "non-work" jacket. In short--this is a great product and I would highly recommend this to anyone- even if you aren't in the construction business.
11 comment113 of 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2013
lets start off. i am 5'10 170lbs 15% body fat. Athletic build. (medium would fit someone my height up to roughly 200lbs)
I went ahead and tried this jacket on in a carhartt retailer, and thankfully i did. I figured a LARGE would do the trick but much to my suprise this jacket (or Carhartt in general) runs about a size big. Due to consideration of wearing layers underneath and beer bellys). If you wear Large lets say fruit of the loom or hanes tshirts, a medium jacket will fit!!
A Medium allows me to freely raise my hands without revealing my wrists. Sits below the waist unlike a lot of other Carhartt jackets which just reach the belt, room to spare so it wont expose your midsection when raising your arms either.

A Medium fit great. I have broad shoulders and this looks tailor made and really exencuates them nicely. The waist is a little baggy (not crazy) but roomy enough when a hoodie is needed underneath or wearing a bib.Quality this jacket is top notch. Triple stitching and sherpa lining. The sherpa lining only covers the chest, back and hood of the jacket not the sleeves! The sleeves are insulated though with fabric and is def not a deal breaker, just something to be aware of.

Hood fits great. Not too big and ackward, but sits just right over your head. Sleeves have a elastic liner to keep the wind out

This thing is warm trust me. Today it hit 25F, snowing and i left my house snug with just a tshirt underneath. People are complaining about the jacket not having a zipper and rating down because of it. Yes a zipper would be nice but the buttons are quality snap ons and keep the wind out. But hey you shouldnt rate down knowingly buying it without a zipper. It has a weathered look and is pre-washed/pre-shrunk. No need to break this bad boy in. Happy with my purchase.

Only 2 things would make this jacket better:
A zipper would be excellent
knitted elastic waistband

Not just tough but also stylish for a working mans coat. Several guys at the job have been asking me the style of this specific Carhartt jacket. Buy it you wont regret it. But order a size down trust me If your a Large in most other clothing a Medium will give you room to spare for a hoodie. I got mine at $85 with shipping while most retailers wanted $100-$125 for the same exact jacket!!
44 comments109 of 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2014
Height: 5'7"
Waist:38
Weight: 175

Wanted to comment on the fit of this jacket first.Carhartt measurements appear to run true to size. I read some of the reviews and bought a medium, instead if a large, but I found that the body of the jacket was too tight. I could not even layer under it. The body of the jacket was only a touch short for my taste running just below the belt line. The sleeves were perfect.

The material of the jacket is a tough stiff canvas that looks and feels durable. The interior is lined with fleece that is thick and warm. The hood is lined as well and is probably the best I've tried. It is fitted, somewhat snug, and adjustable; no worries about the wind getting under it.

Pockets are plentiful but seemed kind of small to me. The hand warmers on the front were lined but were not deep. The front snaps reach right up to the hood and protect the neck nicely. I happen to like the snaps but be sure they lie flat when layering or the wind will definitely get in.

Overall, this is a nice jacket that seems more than adequate for the rigors of NYC weather. I found that this jacket did not run oversize and I'll be exchanging it for a large.
11 comment20 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2014
Personal Specs:
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 160 lbs.
Waist: 33 in.
Inseam: 32 in.

Jacket fit exactly as expected (size Medium/ color Green), length covers several inches below belt line. Not too heavy, but has the expected Carharrt strength and durability. Sleeve length is just right, not too long/ short, nor too baggy, but room for rotational movement without significant pulling. Sherpa lining is toasty, sleeve interior has a nylon, quilt lining? (diff. from Sherpa lining). Exterior is bullet-proof, but softer than traditional duck (sandstone = sanded fabric = softer = greater mobility and comfort). Hood fits well and cinches completely around face with drawstrings. Snap buttons are reinforced with lapel fabric, easy to snap on and off. Overall fit is square with interior room to spare, not too baggy, leaving ample room for layers. Two interior pockets, one has velcro closure, the other zips. Hand pockets have a very soft lining and are ~ 6 in. deep, sufficient depth, not too shallow/ narrow. Great jacket, I would recommend this to a friend. I intend to wear this jacket fall-spring in Colorado working as a field biologist, where tears, snares and rips are expected with other jackets (i.e. brush, tree branches, thorns, antlers, etc). Also great for daily commute to work and general outdoor purposes. Jacket is bomber!
on September 14, 2012
Carhartt....has done it again. Im a girl bought this for the boyfriend for christmas he's about 5'8 weighs about 190 with a lot of muscle . An amazing jacket. (for the winter) It's heavy and very durable i went with green by accident i thought it would be a bit darker but thats my fault. I believe the blue would have been better. i like dark colors. and i would say go with a size you think will be more fitting NOT a bigger size because it is a pretty bulky jacket i went with a large but it looks and feels great.I made a good choice :) oh and i bought this jacket along with the black Carhartt sweatshirt they look great together and the sweatshirts material is perfect thickness and softness doesn't shrink went with the large for him as well looks very flattering and long enough. Thanks Carhartt!
11 comment27 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 15, 2015
First let me say the coat is made exceptionally well and looks great, and if it wasn't for the low quality snaps I would of given it 5 stars.I purchased it from a local store because of all the comments of how large they fit, so I wanted to try it on first. I am about 5'10" 194lbs athletic build and a 34" waist and the medium fit perfect.
Now for my critique, like many others have stated, the snaps are exceptionally WEAK! From the day I bought it the snaps just never felt like they snapped in securely. But I liked the look of the coat so much that I just assumed that is how they are made. But almost right away the snaps would randomly unsnap throughout the day with very little resistance. Why on earth would a company like Carhart use such inferior snaps? The rest of the coat seams to be very high quality except the snaps! What good is a high quality coat if you have to keep resnapping it closed? My wife like the look of this model the best, so I may take it to my seamstress and have her install USA made high quality snaps. But why should I have to?
on June 3, 2014
Bought this jacket for my boyfriend and the large fit him well! He is 5'9 with a medium build and weighs around 185. It looks absolutely HANDSOME on him. Awesome durable material and the hood just adds to the great style of this jacket... I don't believe he uses the hood, but it should come in handy if its ever real cold and needed. Its super warm too being sherpa lined. Even though it doesn't have a zipper, he didn't ever complain about cold air getting through. Winters where we are get pretty cold... I figure if its too cold outside he would wear a thermal underneath and problem solved. Would definitely buy this again in the same color if his gets ruined (which probably wont be for a very long time)... Heck, I'd even buy more colors. Its a really attractive jacket!
on November 21, 2013
If is was "Zipper" closer in lieu of button only, I would have given it a 5 Star rating. Good product, but wind will come in the flaps between the buttons
22 comments11 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 15, 2014
5'11'', 185lbs . It fits great ! still have some room for more weight as my height , enough long for my body .
on October 25, 2014
After reading reviews I ordered a medium when I normally wear a large. I'm 6'2 and 190lbs. This cost fits perfect, no complaint . It's very comfortable and warm! Even with just a T-shirt under its perfectly warm, a flannel is almost to hot depending on how cold it is outside. Very rugged and durable, I like all the pockets and it looks great! My first carhartt jacket, very impressed, especially for the price.