1,543 Reviews
 (1,194)

5.0 out of 5 stars high quality hat
This hat is nothing special, but does its job admirably.

* warm (double layer)
* compact when bunched up in a pocket
* not so much material that it's a pain to wear
* not scratchy (it's acrylic after all)
* pretty stretchy but dense material... not the springy kind
* good fit... I have a pretty big head, and it only mostly covers my...
Published on January 2, 2012 by niteshade

2.0 out of 5 stars Thin hat, scratchy, not very warm
Published on March 12, 2011 by Book Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars high quality hat, January 2, 2012
niteshade (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Carhartt Men's Acrylic Watch Hat (Apparel)
This hat is nothing special, but does its job admirably.

* warm (double layer)
* compact when bunched up in a pocket
* not so much material that it's a pain to wear
* not scratchy (it's acrylic after all)
* pretty stretchy but dense material... not the springy kind
* good fit... I have a pretty big head, and it only mostly covers my ears, which is how I like it. If you have a smaller head, this might reach to your earlobes.
* good quality... no loose threads, seams tucked inside, even color

5.0 out of 5 stars Once you wear one, you'll never buy another brand, March 28, 2013
It's warm. It's durable. It covers your ears. It's breathable. It fits big heads. There is no better winter hat. When you get it brand new, take a shower with it on your head. Once it dries on your head, it will fit like a dream. It will last you a dozen years as long as you don't wash it in the laundry. Hand wash and dry on your head.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid as a Carhartt, January 25, 2013
I purposely buy this kind of hat b/c it keeps my head and ears warm.

I'm not a fan of those street hats that sell for 5 bucks only to feel the wind on your scalp (mind you, I'm not bald, I have handsomely thick hair for those of you that're wondering). This thing is reliable and does the job. Buy these or get what you pay for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best beanie I've ever own!, March 7, 2013
I have a huge head, and it actually stretches to fit it easily. Very warm, comfortable, and durable. Have own 3 - only had to replace them because I keep misplacing them during the summer months....
But they are so great, I don't even mind!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, January 1, 2013
JNieporte (Ohio, United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Carhartt Men's Acrylic Watch Hat (Apparel)
I paid $7 for this watch cap, and I'm sure pleased. The hat has a double-layer build, and each layer is almost twice as thick as the dollar store watch caps. The hat is one size fits all, and it fits my size 7-1/2 head just fine. There's plenty of stretch in it. I've used this watch cap in -7 degree weather, and it's all I needed. Not much else to say about a cold weather hat this basic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Toasty!, November 28, 2011
This review is from: Carhartt Men's Acrylic Watch Hat (Apparel)
I'm not much of a hat person, but I love this hat. I own a Carhartt jacket and because of how warm it is, I figured this hat would be the same as well. Correct! It gets quite windy where I live but this hat keeps my head warm and happy. It also is good for when there is rain as my head has never gotten wet and you can just wipe off the rain with a paper towel.

At $7, there may be cheaper hats, but I can assure you that you will be satisfied with this product - something that my be hard to say about those cheaper hats. If you are going to buy it and want to wash it, what I suggest is to just rinse the inside and outside with some warm soapy water and just air dry or dry on medium heat in your drying machine.

If you're still contemplating whether to buy this or not, just do it! it's a great hat and great price. Best order yours before the weather gets colder!

2.0 out of 5 stars Thin hat, scratchy, not very warm, March 12, 2011
This review is from: Carhartt Men's Acrylic Watch Hat (Apparel)
I'm not sure if I got the same hat everyone else did. I have a couple of Carhartt heavy cotton unlined jackets which I love, but this Carhartt hat in Navy is fairly thin stretchy fabric, and is not warm in temps below 35, and does not keep the cold wind out. Even though it is acrylic, it's a bit scratchy, not very soft. It is sized well enough to cover the ears with the bottom folded double, but even that is not enough to keep the wind out or keep my ears warm in colder weather. I bought a better hat, made of soft wool, for about the same money here on Amazon which I rated 4 stars: "All Wool Genuine Government Issue Watch Cap" ... maybe this hat is better suited for warmer temps, but I don't think it's even as good as the acrylic watch caps I have bought at K-Mart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Hat, November 1, 2013
I've seen another person wearing this hat on the MAX train, and noticed he was wearing the label to the back of his head, so I decided to do the same. Nice hate, fits nicely on any head, and very comfy and warm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Large enough and warm, December 6, 2014
Fits my husband, who wears a 7-5/8 cap size. Very warm. Bluestone and coal heather are especially nice colors. Bought a few in different colors to have extras.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice warm, well made hat, January 24, 2014
D. Bradley (Oklahoma City, OK) - See all my reviews
Overview: Warm! Thick! Well made!

Details: I bought this hat after the "arctic vortex" weather we had in Oklahoma at the end of December 2013. The temperatures dipped down below 0, and all I had was a wally world purchased hat with a big hole in it. Fine for normal weather, but add sub zero wind, and it froze my brain.

In January 2014, temperatures once again dipped below 0, but this time I had my Carhartt watch hat. Head and ears stayed warm, despite the wind and temperatures. Face and neck were cold, but tolerable because of the hat.

Highly recommended!