4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Belt!
Published on September 5, 2010 by Dave Drury

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective Buckle
The buckle on this belt broke the first time I tried it on. I should have payed more attention to the negative reviews on this item. Don't risk your time and money on this belt; go with a different brand. The goal of this company is to make a buckle that lasts just slightly longer than the return period so you get caught with your pants down.
Published on January 4, 2011 by M.G. McCool

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Belt!, September 5, 2010
This belt is almost exactly what I was needed, to replace an old and well worn "jeans" belt. Solid, one piece leather (not including the tongue loop), robust looking buckle. Two notes that weren't entirely clear in the online descriptions: The portion of the belt that wraps around the buckle is sewn to the rest of the belt, so you cannot substitute your own buckle unless you scheme another way to affix it. And though the buckle itself looks as though it would be heavy, it really isn't. Nonmagnetic, and as I've already worn a bit of the black coating off, I think its brass. The tongue is magnetic, thus steel. The colors in the photos are correct, sort of a reddish brown in the middle, darker toward the edges. I'd buy it again, nice belt, with the only ding being that one cannot change the buckle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, durable belt; Just passable for everyday business casual, but not for dress occasions, November 26, 2010
It used to be you could buy a belt for $20 and it would last you years. Lately, it had been starting to feel like $20-25 would last only 2-3 months with regular wear. I realized that I wasn't having the same problem with another, brown belt I own and wear regularly as well and realized that it was the belt itself - specifically, the trend in dress belts towards cheaply sewing two flimsy pieces of paper-thin leather together - that was at the heart of my problem.

It's not easy to find a single, solid leather belt that's not too rugged-looking to wear with everyday work attire. This one may still be borderline for some people. It's thick and the buckle is heavy, but not nearly as bad as some others. Ultimately, this belt is exactly what I wanted: a simple, plain and durable belt I can wear every day if I choose to. The only other thing that may be worth mentioning about this belt is that it is made up of enough leather that you'll sometimes catch the scent of it, much as you would with a leather jacket.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Leather Belt - wide and thick, May 18, 2010
The intent of a belt is simple - it holds your trousers up. This one is wide enough to fill the space under the loops of both jeans and khakis. It is cut from a single piece of leather. Thus there is no stitching to fray or layers to separate. It is good looking and likely to serve its purpose for a long while - pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars allergy to nickel, January 3, 2013
My son is allergic to nickel and having this belt is great. No reaction to the belt buckle. I have ordered 1 more so he has a back up. Would recommend to everyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Be careful with sizing recommendations, January 3, 2012
Sarah Hoover (Caldwell, ID United States) - See all my reviews
Previous reviewers mentioned ordering a size or two larger on this belt, so I did. I was disappointed to learn that those reviews weren't accurate for my situation. The belt is too large for my husband, so I am in the process of returning it. The quality of the leather and fastenings is great, though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, July 26, 2010
The Perfect belt!
The leather quality is of superior quality. No stitches one piece cutt to perfection. It's very thick and will fill the eyelits on whatever your wearing.

I highly recommend this product

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality belt, big buckle, fair price, February 8, 2012
This review is from: Carhartt Men's Anvil Leather Belt (Apparel)
Just received this belt (2 days early) and it appears to be a quality belt of 1.5" wide thick solid black leather and a large metal buckle. From the picture and description I hadn't realized the actual size of the buckle (2.5" x 2.1")...a big enough "swashbuckle" for swashbuckling pirate! Ha.

Anvil is a good name for it, as the buckle resembles dark grey iron. Mine came with a few tiny areas of discoloration on the buckle (like fine flecks of food), which would not wash off...these were minor so I'm keeping the belt, but deducting a star. The $25 I paid is a fair price, but for that I do not expect even cosmetic flaws.

Too big and too wide for a dress belt, but a great sturdy looking work belt that should last a lot longer than the flimsy designer label belts I have, whose laminated leather-look disintegrated after a few months. I like the fact that Carhartt products have a good reputation for quality and durability.

4.0 out of 5 stars Carhartt Men's Anvil Belt,Black,36, February 1, 2012
Nice looking belt. Bought at Christmas time so it hasn't had a lot of wear, we'll see how long it actually lasts. This belt runs small, originally bought a 34 for my son who wears 34 waist jeans, had to go up a size to 36 so he could comfortably get to the second notch. Kept the 34 for one of my others sons who wears a 32 waste jeans and that was perfect for him. I had also purchased a different brand belt in 32, for yet another son who also wears 32 waste jeans, and that 32 belt is wearable on the last notch only. I actually ran into very few reviews about belts where they did NOT run small...What's up with that? I've seen more and more of this over the years. We're allowing our manufacturers to be lazy and sloppy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective Buckle, January 4, 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars POOR QUALITY OF LEATHER, April 25, 2013
Very bad quality of cheap leather! Covering of belt buckle quickly erased! Not recommend for buying! I sad that i bought it.

Carhartt Men's Anvil Leather Belt