Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Carhartt Men's Arctic Quilt Lined Sandstone Hood
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on January 7, 2008
this is the snap on hood that can be put on pretty much any carrhart coat that has the attachments. You can get them to match the coat, just be sure you pick the correct color. they are easy to get on and off, but that doesn't mean that they'll randomly unsnap when you don't want them to. There is a sort of lining that snugly fits your face, keeping the cold from getting to your head and ears. The hood is also warm and does not let air in around the snaps...
As the title says, great addition to a GREAT COAT!!!
on December 3, 2012
Good hood, matches my jacket. Lies relatively flat. Snaps on. Needs some tweaking. Dumb Velcro chin strap can cut into your chin. Folds out of the way but could be better. Also could use a drawstring and toggles around the hood opening otherwise I would have gave it a better rating. Seller was great.
on December 11, 2014
Bought this for my husband to go with the Carhartt Men's Sandstone Traditional Coat. The snaps aligned on the collar but were extremely short under the chin. there was a Velcro strip that didn't attach to anything. The hood fit uncomfortably tightly over my husband's head. I thought it was supposed to go with this jacket (there was a link to it from the jacket page labeled "Complete the Set"), but it didn't work at all. Maybe it only goes with the Arctic-Quilt jacket. Will return.
on December 30, 2011
I ordered the Carhartt Arctic Sandstone coat for my husband and realized it did not come with a hood. I found this hood on Amazon and it matched the jacket perfectly! My husband wore it on an early morning deer hunt and said that it kept his nearly bald head very warm!
on December 18, 2014
Okay, so my head fits in it; however, I can barely get the under chin strap to clip together and the Velcro strap is useless. There's no way it will reach the hook tab on the other side. I wear a 7 /34 inch hat. If your hat size is less than 7 inches, this might work for you. It should fit most women with a "normal" sized head. If you have a scarf around your neck, this would present a new problem. If you want to keep warm, go buy a Russian bomber hat (made in Turkey), or one of those Soviet style army hats called a Ushanka. If you have a big head, this hood acts as a wind break with some warmth -- slightly better than the previous hood that wasn't billed as "Arctic."
on January 11, 2016
snaps lined up on my Carhartt, but would not snap...with extreme pressure I could get 2 / 4, but it took excessive force and they still did fasten well. material is good besides the chin Velcro seem kinda lame. Hood seems pretty small as well...pretty much form fits to head.
on December 6, 2013
This hood, supposedly made for the Sandstone coat won't work properly with the coat. The Velcro tab that is supposed to hold it closed is mounted in such a way that it can't reach the other side of the Velcro. Maybe it's a factory defect. But as it is, it is unusable. I'll have to modify it with some sort of drawstring.
on January 8, 2014
I've wanted one of these for years to go with my Arctic Carhartt coveralls (both sets, wore one out already). But when I got it today, what was supposed to be carhartt brown color is more of a dark brown, (not quite), the color of the courdoroy color. I realize carhartt duck fades over time, but this isn't even close to what is shown in any ads on any site I've seen. Somehow, I think they must have screwed up at the factory and dumped too much dye in the batch. I'm sending it back and hoping they can get it right this time. I'm retired, so the odds of me wearing this outdoors enough to fade it to the "real" tan color is pretty slim. Also, I've tried all afternoon to locate Carhartt's color (number) code, but it's NOWHERE to be found. The model is A148, the color number can't be found. (mine says A148 211 on the tag, but the tag that's sewn in says RN14806. I don't know, but I do expect to get what is shown, and even under bright light, this isn't what they advertised. Can't wait to get the right one, though! It's been sub-zero here in Missouri. When they get the right color, I'll put 5 stars on this.
on February 18, 2016
well made like everything else form Carhartt it snaps on perfectly. It's just to big. If you are expecting it to fit like one of their hooded jackets it doesn't. It felt very bulky and out of place to me.
on January 18, 2015
My husband wore this out in a very windy day, and he was very happy that no air blew up around his head and neck, eventhough this is a snap-on hood. It was JUST big enough for him, but he's a tall guy (and I had bought him a Tall sized coat), so this fit was as I expected.