Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on May 20, 2008
I got these for my boyfriend for his birthday and he just loves them. They are more lightweight than your average carhartts and a little longer. These are great for working outside in the summer, especially in Albuquerque were it is so hot and dry.
My only complaint is that when I ordered the shorts the image of the color I picked (Dark Khaki) out was allot darker than the actual shorts I received. It's not that big a deal because my boyfriend says he likes the color they are. If I were buying them for myself I would have been a little more irritated.
on October 24, 2007
These shorts are well thought out in the pockets and loops attached. Besides being tuough and comfortable. The only bad thing was the seller I chose to purchase them from. I will buy some more and am looking at the full length pants for work also.
on August 28, 2015
These shorts are really fantastic - sturdy as you'd want them to be, but not as thick and stiff as the Carhartt canvas duck shorts. VERY durable nonetheless, and a bit more breezy and loose in the thigh and crotch. A terrific fit overall. I've owned the other, classic Carhartt shorts for years (and still do,) and absolutely love them, but was feeling that the length (well above the knee) was getting a bit dated. Tried these, and absolutely loved them. No major "cargo" pocket look, as the pockets on these are slim and subtle, yet very handy when needed. They look great with a tee shirt while working or hiking, and equally great with a button down summer shirt or polo. Really nice, well made, durable shorts that I expect to last a long time. Highly recommended.
on July 4, 2013
These shorts are great, and have awesome phone pocket. They are made of a strong fabric that is very resistant to tears. No snagging loops or pockets that get caught on equipment and tear a hole. I used to buy cheap cargo shorts at walmart that would last a year, maybe 2. These are noticeably stronger and more durable. Have not had them for a long time, but I estimate 3-5 year lifespan, maybe longer.
on July 12, 2013
These are great for all occasions. Comfortable, lower side pockets really great for phone/tools with out having to much extra fabric as in cargo shorts to make them look bulky. I have bought many stiles of the Carhart shorts and like them all.
on June 24, 2008
I've gotten to the point where I wear Carhartt shorts all summer long. Yes, I too love them for their durability and they retain their shape well. What I like best about them though is how they fit. Also, the two side panel pockets are great. The cellphone pocket, in particular, is perfectly sized. In the other one I place all of my gum and miscellaneous stuff. What goes into your pockets stays in your pockets! They're a great help especially when it's too hot to wear a coat or jacket. They're a great value and you'll get several seasons of wear out of them.
on July 21, 2013
These shorts fit well, and the phone pocket is genius!! I am constantly putting tools in my pockets and beating up my phone, this side pocket eliminates that problem. Also, I live where it is quite hot, 100 plus most of the summer, yet these shorts are "light" enough to help me stay cool and rugged enough to be able to do most any work in.
VINE VOICEon February 26, 2016
Nice work pants made of soft, medium weight and comfortable canvas. Not baggy, no silly huge floppy legs. Nice enough for everyday wear if you don't get them too dirty. Nothing wrong with these that I can find, worked in them all day for several days and all is well.
on April 27, 2016
I have a 33 inch waist and bought size 33 - and they fit. In fact they fit well enough in the waist to be comfortable and wearing a belt is only optional. It's safe to say that these fit better than some of my dress pants which cost a lot more. The fit in the seat and legs is roomy and comfortable without looking like you've purchased too large a size. I bought 4 pairs and can feel OK about tossing the worn out pairs of shorts I thought I'd never be able to replace with something that fit and looked OK..
on March 26, 2015
These shorts (along with Carhartt canvas or twill pants) are a staple in my world. I've quit the fashion shorts - no reason to bother with Quicksilvers, North Face or whatever - a pair of these will outwear 2 pairs of most anything else at a much lower price point, and are so comfortable after a few washings that I'd dig through the drawer to find them.

The waist is true to size (no 'vanity' inches here), and the length just says 'we set the standard, not follow the herd'. Cell phone pocket is a real bonus.

Back in the day I used to wear Patagonia Stand Up shorts, but at $59 that's a thing of the distant past.