5.0 out of 5 stars Great heavy flannel shirt
Published on December 8, 2012 by Ben

3.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly what I expected
The shirt is okay, I'm not returning it. But it is not what I expected.

First, it looks nothing like the image shown. Second, it was described as a heavy material, and it's what I would consider a medium weight material. Third, it's an XL tall, but seems to be cut generously enough to be at least an XXL.

Carhartt should advise that the sizes run...
Published 23 months ago by H. Rosenfeld

5.0 out of 5 stars Great heavy flannel shirt, December 8, 2012
I bought this for working outside in the winter in upstate NY. It's thick, warm, and well constructed, I love it. However it does shrink in the wash. All the reviews I read for carhartt stuff said they tend to run large so order a smaller size than you usually would. I'm 6'0" 190 lbs and usually buy a large, so I purchased a medium. The fit was perfect until I washed it, now it's a little tight in the shoulders and the sleeves are at least 1"-2" too short. I'm ordering a large/tall now in hopes that when it's shrunk the size will be right.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice shirt, October 20, 2013
nice thick shirt.but runs a little large stiff fabric till you wash a few times then it will soften the fabric.good buy

3.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly what I expected, February 5, 2013
The shirt is okay, I'm not returning it. But it is not what I expected.

Carhartt should advise that the sizes run large, and that the images may not be an accurate representation of the shirt.

4.0 out of 5 stars green carhartt flannel 8 oz. long sleeve, June 12, 2013
when I first received the shirt I was disappointed because it looked huge but after washing it shrank enough for me to live with it. I live in the mountains where the nights still get chilly, so the thickness of this shirt is great

4.0 out of 5 stars Carhartt Quality!, February 4, 2013
Israel Pineiro (PEEKSKILL, NY, US) - See all my reviews
Here's the scoop, the shirt is high quality, not as soft as I hoped, but with age who knows it might soften up. Carhartt gear is known to run big so order accordingly.

5.0 out of 5 stars I wear camping in the desert, August 19, 2013
Fits great, a little large but I got it as more of an windbreaker button up shirt than every day shirt. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shirt!, June 5, 2013
Vicki (California, USA) - See all my reviews
I only buy Carhartt products because of their long lasting, comfortable wear, and also because I can wear them as casual attire outside of work and they look great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic flannel!!!, October 4, 2013
It's an Amazing flannel. It Will last for years to come. I should've bought five more in different colors. Perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft, generous fit, warm, September 27, 2013
Material very soft, warm and comfortable. Fit is generous and does not bind. The need for 20 words is silly

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for a larger person, September 6, 2013
The shirt was just what my grandson wanted. He liked the warmth and the color. Unfortunately, although he is about 6'2", the shirt was too big for him, especially in the arms. He is very slim so there was an overall problem with the fit. I may try to get it in the L as soon as I know his address at college.

Mary Humphrey