Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Carhartt Men's Jean Belt,Black,34
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Size: 34|Color: Black|Change

on October 24, 2010
Size: get the normal size of your pants. some belts (especially Dickies) run a little short, this is pretty true to size. It is also a little stretchy, as you would expect from leather.

Color: nice black, just about as shiny as it appears in the pictures.

Use: i use it for work to hold up pants that can get pretty loaded down with tools and radio. but I wouldnt hesitate to use it on a dressed up yet still casual event.

Notes: I wish the buckle was replaceable (when the belt itself loops over and snaps shut so you can use interchangeable buckles), but I am still quite happy with this product and will buy another one when needed, and probably a Carhartt brown belt when my current brown belt wears out.

Update 8/4/2013 - Almost 3 years later apparently, after nearly daily use the only real problem it's had is the 1 row of stitching that stops the metal belt keeper thing from sliding has come out. This is not a problem at all, just that it can slide an inch over to the buckle now. I bought another one because I lost some weight and needed a smaller size. Strangely enough, this one seems to be even a little better quality. It does Not say "made in china" like the other one, there is now double stitching around the metal belt keeper, and has a little Carhartt cloth tag on the inside near the buckle. I expect to see the same, if not better, durability out of this one.
55 comments|56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 16, 2012
First, I love this belt... it is thick, handsome and has a substantial buckle. It fits Levi belt loops perfectly and prevents any rolling over of the Levis at the (blush) waist. It is the top quality you expect from Carhartt.

I also think - at under $30 - it's a good value. A cheaper belt that doesn't last very long is not a good deal... this guy looks like it will last. (See my Update below regarding longevity.)

But belt sizing confuses me, so this may help you..
I thought I needed a 40, but I bought a 42" just in case... the overall length of this belt is just over 47". The belt has 5 holes punched, about one inch apart. The middle of these five holes provides a circumference of just about 42" ... so it would fit 40-44 inch waists with the punched holes. (There is room for at least one more hole if you want to punch your own and end up with a 45~46", or smaller than 40".) So my experience suggests that you actually measure your waist (not just look at your pants size) and then order that size belt, or even possibly the next smaller.

Update: Feb 2014: I have worn this belt every day for about 20 months and it's beginning to fail in an odd way. The leather looks very good but the stitching is unraveling. At first it was the area on the rear of the belt which I attributed to rubbing on chairs, car seats, etc but now the stitching on the tongue is coming out. I've never had a belt fail like this.... the leather is just fine with no cracking whatsoever (there is an indentation at the part that goes under the buckle but all belts do this if you wear them daily). And I have to admit that even if I threw it away now, it's still given me good value. But it's a strange experience so I'm reducing my rating from 5 to 4 stars.
on November 6, 2010
I purchased this Carhartt Jean Belt in September 2010 to replace one I had purchased at a local (now closed) hunting supply store on September 11, 2000. I wore the original belt almost every day for the decade. This meant it got wet a lot and the leather has finally started to crack and curl. I've never had a belt last this long. I only buy Carhartt belts because they last and look great.
33 comments|38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2011
I was tired of getting belts at the local Wal-Mart only to have them crack in split within 6 months. This belt looks fine, is supple, and shows no sign that it will wear out anytime soon.
on November 3, 2011
The belt is thicker than average belts.
The buckle seems durable and cannot be removed as it is sewn on.
You need the next size up from pant size: If your a 38 pant size, get the 40 belt. That way you will be in the middle holes when wearing the belt.
It's made in China and for that, the price could be lower.
on September 20, 2011
I wore this belt every single day for ten years, literally.
I bought this belt in 2001 when I was 15 and still in high school. Now it is 2011 and I am 25! A full decade of serious wear and tear from one belt. What lasts ten years these days?
It finally broke today and has provoked lots of reflection on the last ten years of my life, but the important point is that this belt is made to last. Now I am buying a new one and I bet it lasts another ten years
on June 22, 2012
I bought this belt at the same size as my pants on the advice of the reviews on this product. do not make this mistake! purchase the belt at at least 2 inches bigger than your pants size. seems like a sturdy belt, but I guess i wont get to wear it....
on January 15, 2012
This belt is very good looking and is of excellent quality, just like all Carhartt products. I received a pair of Carhartt jeans for Christmas, and they are of excellent quality as well. You get what you pay for!
on October 31, 2012
Belt is not 1-1/2". The size is closer to 2". This belt will not fit in most men's dress slacks.
on March 25, 2014
First, this is a solid belt that I have found to work really well with my weekend clothes (jeans).

I had read all the reviews before buying and they recommended sizing up one size. I did, and I'm currently on the next to smallest hole. Not sure why I had such a different experience, but I did. The good news is that even a size up there are plenty of belt holes and I can wear the belt just fine.