5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!!!
**Follow up to my original review** Sorry I didn't add this sooner. These are still great, but they run long. I have always had 32's and its ok when I have shoes on, but with shoes off, the pants go below my heel. I will be ordering some 30 length next. Otherwise, still very happy. 6 months, tons of wearing, totally durable.

Well made loose fit jeans...
Published 20 months ago by St. John

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, but lengthy
I'm a 40x32 pant size, and I'm 6'4. I have to say, these jeans feel very, very comfortable and they feel much more durable than Wranglers brand jeans.

I ordered the loose-fit type because most jeans I've worn in "relaxed fit" are a little baggy in the rear. The length on them was always just fine, though.

These jeans do feel comfortable, however the...
Published 18 months ago by TJay

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!!!, February 23, 2013
St. John (Pacific North West) - See all my reviews

Well made loose fit jeans.
I always wore Levis Silvertab baggy jeans. Main reason was that my thighs are big. I am 6'0, 245 currently. Ideal weight would be 205. I don't get a belly, the extra goes everywhere.

I am about a 38 inch waist but went with 40 on these to ensure a nice loose fit.
I am a convert.
No more levis. I tried some Gap brand baggy jeans and while they fit ok, they were major bell bottoms and have 2 holes already, from serious light wear ( I work in an office.)

These were a touch longer than the Gap or Levis, but not enough to matter.

Love them and will be buying more.
Hope Carhart doesn't change a thing. Price too, 30 bucks. Sweet.

They don't look or feel like the traditional workwear pants.

Can't say enough good about them.

5.0 out of 5 stars The New Jeans.., January 13, 2013
Levi's were my choice for 45 years. Then something happened. They left the country and with that went all the traditional high quality of their core product. Now its popped rivets, holes at the end seams, fly buttons falling off...all in short time. I knew Carhartt was a better brand right off the bat. After receiving them I did the usual bit of tossing my three new pairs in for a quick wash to soften them up and get any factory chemical treatments etc off them. They took nearly twice as long to dry than the old Levi's used to. Better material and more of it. And they fit first time right. It's all about quality and Carhartt seems to have it.Time will tell..Levi's has big brass ones charging what they do for a product that is now so sub-standard and lousy. Sorry Levi's, I hate to say goodbye but you did it to yourselves. The good ol' days are over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally jeans that my husband doesn't fill with holes!, June 21, 2013
This review is from: Carhartt Men's Loose Fit Straight Leg Jean 10066 (Apparel)
I got my husband these jeans after he chewed through three pairs of jeans from the mall in just a few weeks. One of the pairs didn't even last two days! I mean, he really shredded them - holes down the legs, and the back pockets ripped out... We live in rural Alaska and he has a job that takes him out on boats and into the back country. My husband is rough on jeans. I always thought jeans were jeans, but after seeing how he goes through them, we said, enough, we're getting you some Carhartt's! That was six months ago, and his two pairs of Carhartt's are impressively intact - not even a tiny hole!

He says they're very comfortable and easy to bend and move around in. They look GREAT, too! I'm grateful that my husband has jeans he can wear to church now without feeling embarrassed - no more boxers hanging out holes in the back. Great jeans!

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, but lengthy, April 23, 2013

These jeans do feel comfortable, however the length would probably be the equivalent to... if they make it, a 40x36. That much length makes a major difference. I'm keeping this pair and just going to swing by the clothier near my apartment to shorten them, next pair I'll probably see if they have a Relaxed-Fit, instead of Loose-Fit. That could be the difference, in length.

I recommend, but again be wary of the leg length.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great if you don't mind dirty-looking jeans!, March 19, 2013
I have worn these jeans for many years, but always purchased them in "Darkstone" color. I found out the hard way that "Deepstone" is NOT the same color. Darkstone were, as the name implies, dark, slightly stone-washed versions of Carhartt's classic indigo-colored jeans. Deepstone, although similar, has this slight yellowish cast to them, as if they had been soaked in used motor oil before being stone-washed. I guess that's what the kids like today. I prefer my clothing to look clean when it comes out of the laundry room.

2.0 out of 5 stars These arrived saying irregular., May 20, 2014
This review is from: Carhartt Men's Loose Fit Straight Leg Jean 10066 (Apparel)
Nowhere in the description of these jeans online did it say they would be irregulars. I believe that this is false advertising when not stating upfront that these are irregulars and they leave you to believe that you are buying "normal" jeans not irregulars. The meaning of irregular is: They do not meet manufacturer's standards. These are Carhartt's which is a very reputable company but this seller is not being upfront in letting you know these jeans are not up to Carhartt standards so thus they are rejected by Carhartt and sold by a third party seller.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy if you're a "big" guy, August 6, 2013
I'm 6 ft, over 250 lbs. mostly muscle, but I carry most of my weight in my tummy/ass area (I'm also a black guy). These jeans don't fit me. I typically wear a 38/40 waist in big & tall cut. These jeans are not a big/tall cut even in the larger sizes. The 40 waist does not fit my waist, the 42 fits but the legs bag out a lot at the bottom (like bell bottoms). Wouldn't be a problem if I wore cowboy boots, I guess. Otherwise I returned them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Jeans...Finally!, December 7, 2013
These are quality jeans made with heavy denim. Seems to be a long lasting product which is a rarity these days. The only complaint I have, is that I had to order 1 size larger than I wear in other brands. The fit of the larger size is perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, March 12, 2013
High quality. Actually I planned on shrinkage beyond what happened. I've washed several times and no shrinking. Highly recommended. Sizing is spot on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Carhartt Men's Loose Fit Straight Leg Jean, Dark Vintage Blue, 48x32 Carhartt Men's Loose Fit Straight Leg Jean, Dark Vintage B, February 17, 2013
Delivered a little early. Fit is fine except that I have always worn 32" inseam, and now that I am a little older and haven't purchased jeans in some time, I should have measured. I'll have to order a shorter inseam to keep from stepping on them when I walk, especially since I am an amputee. Other than that, tho, love the jeans, price. Would definitely recommend this product. Losing weight and feeling great!

Carhartt Men's Loose Fit Straight Leg Jean 10066