Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Carhartt Men's Relaxed Fit Five Pocket Tapered Leg Jean B17
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on September 8, 2011
Carhartt Men's Relaxed Fit JeanI have been purchasing Carhartt Jeans for some time. I have owned many pairs of Levis over the years and they simply can't match the quality and value of Carhartt. One of the reviewers brought up an interesting point. The Levis of our youth seemed to be much better made and better fitting than the Levis which are made today. I agree 100%. Go to any any major department store and take a long look at the price of Levis and you'll quickly realize Carhartt is a much better value. Sure the Levis have so many different styles (501, 505, 550, 560) but all us normal guys want is a great fitting, well made, good looking and reasonably priced pair of jeans. As long as Carhartt continues to meet this criteria, I will continue to purchase them.
0Comment|115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 5, 2011
I grew up wearing Levis, both 501s and a zip-fly straight leg version that I think was the 505. So that was the 80's, right. Come back to Levis in 2011 and what you find is that the jeans either fit funny to match some modern style, or they're constructed with really poor quality - like, fall apart in the washing machine quality. Sure, Levis makes a made-in-USA 501s now, for only like a million dollars per pair; if you're like me, though, the years haven't been kind enough to permit you to fit comfortably in those. (Sort of like the mouse who wanted to throw a dance party, but he had no ballroom, if you know what I mean.)

Anyway. I figured that at this price, with all these good reviews, something was outta whack here. But I bought a pair anyway - in Dark Stonewash, because I like to lighten them naturally.

Totally stoked. So glad I did. They remind me of the comfortable, well-fitting jeans of my youth - they fit right for the middle-aged me, but they look good and feel great. Definitely agree with the other reviewers that they run a size big. In Dockers and Brooks Brothers my waist is a 36; the Carhartt 38s fit me perfectly. My inseam is 32 but these are a really long 32; I suspect they'll shrink up after the first wash.

But they were a hit right out of the bag. I was going to come back and buy another pair but these seem tough and well made. I may not *need* another pair for a while.

I dunno what people want out of a pair of jeans these days, but if you saw anything that reminds you of yourself in this review, do yourself a favor and buy a pair. You won't regret it.
33 comments|75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 18, 2010
1st pair of Carhartt's and I love the way they fit. I also like that I can get them in 28" inseam. Me having short legs being able to buy jeans that I don't have to have hemed is great. I have already ordered another style.....
on April 21, 2014
Ordered 4 pair 5 months ago. All pairs have at least one hole in the seat where the top corner of the pocket is. Very disappointed. Can't believe Carhartt doesn't have a guarantee of some type
55 comments|21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2010
These are my husband's favorite jeans. He doesn't like to shop, and the stores I go to don't carry these jeans, so when I found them on Amazon I had to buy them. They arrived quickly and my husband is very happy with them. I will be ordering more for him from Amazon in the future!
on February 1, 2014
The jeans are coming apart around the pockets and zipper area and they were purchased in November! These are very sorry jeans from Cahartt.
on February 18, 2014
Both pair of jeans ripped at the back pocket after two washings. The material was not very good, it seemed rotten.
on March 8, 2014
After 2times worn the denim ripped on the backside right side by pocket. They are not repairable. Too expensive for such poor quality. :(
44 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 3, 2014
A real letdown.
Carhart has changed factory suppliers and the jeans are not at all the quality of the jeans from a few years ago.

I`ll look for another jeans maker and Carhart has lost a customer forever.
on December 11, 2011
I uploaded two images of what happened to a pair of these jeans that I purchased some time ago. They fit well, feel rugged, and lasted maybe 5 or 6 months before the corners of the back pockets started tearing the seat of the pants open.

The thing is, the seat of the pants don't really move that much when you wear the jeans. In most jeans I wear the crotch starts to tear when the jeans start to wear out from use, and that is to be expected when you wear a pair of jeans every week for months straight. These jeans would have lasted longer if it weren't for some kind of manufacturing defect with the back pockets. I think either they used too much stitching on the pockets, which weakened the seat of the pants, or the pockets are made from a slightly stiffer material, which stressed the seat material when they got put through the dryer. For whatever reason, the corners of the pockets got pinhole-sized tears that gradually got bigger and bigger every time I took them out of the dryer.

I can't wear these anymore as a result, as they just expose too much of my boxers. No one wants to see holes in jeans like that. Actually I wonder why they put rear pockets on jeans at all - I never use them, and only rarely do I see someone use them to keep their wallet (which I think is kind of stupid, since its practically inviting pickpockets). I only ever use the front pockets to keep stuff. But whatever, if they can fix this issue with the back pockets they would be a great pair of jeans.
review image review image