Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Carhartt Men's Relaxed Straight Denim Five Pocket Jean B460
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The best from Bose just got wireless Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM Melvins Fire TV Stick

on August 3, 2012
I didn't buy these on Amazon, I got them at my local Boot Barn, but since Boot Barn had a limited selection, and they are pretty much the only place to find this style of Carhartt's in San Diego, I will be buying them here on Amazon from now on.

I made a decision a few months ago that the only kind of jeans I will buy from now on have to be at least 14 oz denim. Only classic Cowboy Cut Wranglers (The first skinny jean, yuck) and Duluth Trading company had affordable enough jeans at that weight. Then I found these Carhartt's which are made out of 15oz denim! Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

Most jeans you buy, including Levi's, are made out of 12oz denim which doesn't last very long, which means you have to buy them all the damned time and it pisses me off. How can Levi's charge $60-$70 for a pair of their jeans when they don't even come close to the quality of Carhartt's?

I guess I don't have to worry about that anymore, since these will be the only jeans I buy from now on!
0Comment|106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 27, 2013
I have worn Levi's all my life, no exceptions, for 5 decades, when it comes to denim. What made
me change my mind was the price of Levi's denim. I liked the price of Carhartt's denim so thought
I'd give them a try.

I have worn these jeans for over a month now and they seem very sturdy and tough by feel and
look; appear well made by my evaluation. They are "Made in Nicaragua from Mexico Components"
out of 100% cotton. By the way, Carhartt is located in Dearborn Michigan.

The "Relaxed Fit" seems to be cut a bit tight around the buttocks but waist and length are
appropriately sized for my 6 foot build. They still felt comfortable but just a bit more tight under
the buttock than Levis "Relaxed Fit" jeans of the same size.

I washed them in hot water and dried them in a hot dryer to shrink them UP a bit. The waist was
still appropriately sized and the length shrank a bit. The buttocks area, after the wash and dry
still felt the same. Again, I think it may be the way Carhartt cuts their product in that area.
Maybe someone else can chime in on my observation.

I am just shy of 6 foot tall, 195-200 pounds, and a 32 inch length is 1-3/4 of an inch too long for
me with tennis shoes or the like. With 3/4 inch boot heels they look okay, length-wise, but still
gathers around the ankles. Not my look but, hey, they are jeans for casual and work situations.
The 30 inch length was just too short, especially allowing for some shrinkage, and it appeared that
31 inch were not available. Whether that is a sizing decision of Carhartt's or just unavailable from
the vendor I do not know.

They have the standard 5 pockets; that is, two front and two back with a coin pocket, above and
slightly in the right front pocket. Easily takes my 1-1/2 inch leather belt and should be able to
take up to a 2 inch belt if need be.

Overall I am pleased with Carhartt jeans. Fit and finish is as good as Levis and sturdiness will be
found out in the future, but I feel they will endure well. They are soft as denim can be and look
like any other denim product. I would most likely buy another pair of Carhartt instead of Levis. I
can definitely recommend them as an alternate denim pair of jeans. I gave it only four stars due
to the lack of a 31 inch length and unknown issue of long term wear.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Update 11/22/2013: I did indeed buy another pair of these fine jeans. Although the product ID
number is exactly the same, the back side and the inside of the pockets are a brown-ish color. You
will still see the blue jean color on the outside viewable area but there appears to be no discernible
difference than the color. Curious. (See Photo)

UPDATE 05/2015: Both pairs of jeans are holding up well to repeated washings and drying.
44 comments|43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 20, 2012
No trendy BS, just solid timeless denim jeans for people who appreciate what jeans used to be a looong time ago. If you're too young to remember when jeans were well made and made to take abuse you owe it to yourself to see what it was like.
on October 10, 2011
I got these for my father, he loves them, they are durable, they dont shrink, they hold up great under a lot of stress and pressure and he wears them not only to work but also church.
on March 20, 2013
First time purchasing Carhartt and I went a size larger on the waist. The fit was loose at the waist but so tight around the butt and thigh area I have to return them. This is the loose fit too. My advice is if you have muscular legs and butt that these jeans may be to tight for comfort. Gave three stars because the jean itself is of very nice quality. Built strong with good reinforcement just the fit is wrong for a man with muscle.
on December 25, 2012
These might be called Relaxed Fit but unless your waist is 3" lower then normal they are not confortable at all. Way to tight in the crotch area.
88 comments|25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 18, 2016
My husband has a really hard time finding a style of pants that he likes. When he was younger he preferred a certain style of Levi jeans. However, as he's grown older, gained weight and is now doing work that requires more leg movements he's found that particular style doesn't suit his needs any longer. We found a pair of Carhartt Jeans like this in one of our local Western Wear Stores and he absolutely LOVED them problem was they were drastically over price by the retailer and when we went back later we couldn't find the exact style that he was so pleased with in their stock and they kept trying to sell us something they had in stock rather than order the jeans we wanted.

I recently found the same style he had previously purchased but completely worn out (I took about 4 years to do this) here on Amazon. I made the purchase and crossed my fingers that they would be the same fit. I did order them too long because he use to order 34" jeans but over time and 2 back surgeries we've found he must have shrank. lol Because now he wears a 32 inseam. Since he like the fit int the waist and straddle I didn't even bother returning them for the right length because he wears them with work boots and that allows them to bunch up and take up the extra space. I did have to send them back originally because the warehouse picker picked the wrong size pants which is another reason I didn't return them for the right length I had already returned the product once. The second issue was totally my fault so no harm no foul. He likes his pants.

These are a thick denim material and made for casual wear or working. They last a long time and are worth every penny of the asking price. Carhartt is a trusted brand and we are very pleased with the quality they offer. There are now only two brands of pants/jeans he will wear this one by Carhartt and Duluth Tranding Cargo Pants. The photos below are after several uses and being washed several times.

*I paid full price for these jeans and my husband is the member of our household that wears them for everyday use.
review image review image
on May 13, 2013
tougher than wrangler, they wear longer and the fit is better, a higher rise, cheapr in price, have 3 pair now and am enjoying them.
on August 3, 2015
Fit seemed to be designed for those with metabolic syndrome, i.e., no butt, skinny legs, pants worn low and belly hanging over belt. On a normal geezer the rise was way too low leading to a permanently exposed plumber's crack. I sent them back and purchased "Traditional Fit." They fit traditionally.
I've purchased other Carhartt gear over the years, including khaki pants for work and a winter coat. All of those have been fantastic, so I decided to try out their jeans after being disappointed in the quality of the past couple of Levis 560 jeans that I'd bought. Overall, I'm very happy with the feel and quality of the denim used in these jeans, but there are some odd aspects. First, the front belt loops are so close together that it's difficult for me to get my belt tightened and in place - and I don't wear big cowboy buckles or anything. Next, they feel really tight when I sit down on the floor (they are fine in a chair), which I'm not used to with my jeans. I sit on the floor a lot, and these are relaxed fit and the same waist size that I buy in all of my pants, so I wasn't expecting that at all.

I almost gave these three stars, but they are very comfortable while walking around and feel fine when sitting in a chair. I don't like how close the front belt loops are, but overall I do like them. I did decide to buy some Wranglers after buying these, though, as these won't be my next go-to style for pants.