Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House Storm Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Deal of the Day

on August 3, 2012
I didn't buy these on Amazon, I got them at my local Boot Barn, but since Boot Barn had a limited selection, and they are pretty much the only place to find this style of Carhartt's in San Diego, I will be buying them here on Amazon from now on.

I made a decision a few months ago that the only kind of jeans I will buy from now on have to be at least 14 oz denim. Only classic Cowboy Cut Wranglers (The first skinny jean, yuck) and Duluth Trading company had affordable enough jeans at that weight. Then I found these Carhartt's which are made out of 15oz denim! Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

Most jeans you buy, including Levi's, are made out of 12oz denim which doesn't last very long, which means you have to buy them all the damned time and it pisses me off. How can Levi's charge $60-$70 for a pair of their jeans when they don't even come close to the quality of Carhartt's?

I guess I don't have to worry about that anymore, since these will be the only jeans I buy from now on!
on May 27, 2013
I have worn Levi's all my life, no exceptions, for 5 decades, when it comes to denim. What made
me change my mind was the price of Levi's denim. I liked the price of Carhartt's denim so thought
I'd give them a try.

I have worn these jeans for over a month now and they seem very sturdy and tough by feel and
look; appear well made by my evaluation. They are "Made in Nicaragua from Mexico Components"
out of 100% cotton. By the way, Carhartt is located in Dearborn Michigan.

The "Relaxed Fit" seems to be cut a bit tight around the buttocks but waist and length are
appropriately sized for my 6 foot build. They still felt comfortable but just a bit more tight under
the buttock than Levis "Relaxed Fit" jeans of the same size.

I washed them in hot water and dried them in a hot dryer to shrink them UP a bit. The waist was
still appropriately sized and the length shrank a bit. The buttocks area, after the wash and dry
still felt the same. Again, I think it may be the way Carhartt cuts their product in that area.
Maybe someone else can chime in on my observation.

I am just shy of 6 foot tall, 195-200 pounds, and a 32 inch length is 1-3/4 of an inch too long for
me with tennis shoes or the like. With 3/4 inch boot heels they look okay, length-wise, but still
gathers around the ankles. Not my look but, hey, they are jeans for casual and work situations.
The 30 inch length was just too short, especially allowing for some shrinkage, and it appeared that
31 inch were not available. Whether that is a sizing decision of Carhartt's or just unavailable from
the vendor I do not know.

They have the standard 5 pockets; that is, two front and two back with a coin pocket, above and
slightly in the right front pocket. Easily takes my 1-1/2 inch leather belt and should be able to
take up to a 2 inch belt if need be.

Overall I am pleased with Carhartt jeans. Fit and finish is as good as Levis and sturdiness will be
found out in the future, but I feel they will endure well. They are soft as denim can be and look
like any other denim product. I would most likely buy another pair of Carhartt instead of Levis. I
can definitely recommend them as an alternate denim pair of jeans. I gave it only four stars due
to the lack of a 31 inch length and unknown issue of long term wear.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Update 11/22/2013: I did indeed buy another pair of these fine jeans. Although the product ID
number is exactly the same, the back side and the inside of the pockets are a brown-ish color. You
will still see the blue jean color on the outside viewable area but there appears to be no discernible
difference than the color. Curious. (See Photo)

UPDATE 05/2015: Both pairs of jeans are holding up well to repeated washings and drying.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 20, 2012
No trendy BS, just solid timeless denim jeans for people who appreciate what jeans used to be a looong time ago. If you're too young to remember when jeans were well made and made to take abuse you owe it to yourself to see what it was like.
on October 10, 2011
I got these for my father, he loves them, they are durable, they dont shrink, they hold up great under a lot of stress and pressure and he wears them not only to work but also church.
on March 20, 2013
First time purchasing Carhartt and I went a size larger on the waist. The fit was loose at the waist but so tight around the butt and thigh area I have to return them. This is the loose fit too. My advice is if you have muscular legs and butt that these jeans may be to tight for comfort. Gave three stars because the jean itself is of very nice quality. Built strong with good reinforcement just the fit is wrong for a man with muscle.
on December 25, 2012
These might be called Relaxed Fit but unless your waist is 3" lower then normal they are not confortable at all. Way to tight in the crotch area.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
tougher than wrangler, they wear longer and the fit is better, a higher rise, cheapr in price, have 3 pair now and am enjoying them.
on March 31, 2015
Retarded cheaply made. Prob slave/child labor. Left pant leg outer seam turns and goes toward top of foot.
Belt loops in front on either side of belt buckle sewn way off center. Left loop way too close to belt buckle. Never knew carhart to be of such poor quality. Very disappointing for my first carhart experience.
review image
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 7, 2012
I am wearing size 34 of any branded jeans and I ordered 34 on this brand ( carhartt) and it fits well. Just hope that 34w x 29L becomes available soon for this variant so I can order another pair.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 9, 2014
These are the most uncomfortable fitting jeans I've ever worn in my life. The zipper and material from the crotch to the waistline is at least an inch shorter than my older Carhartt jeans and they feel like cardboard. It seems there isn't enough material to pull them up to my waist without the crotch tearing into my groin, and I don't pull my waistline up to my armpits either, nor do I wear them down past my hips. These jeans simply will not stay up without a belt and they constantly feel like they want to fall down. I would NOT recommend these jeans to anyone who doesn't wish to have their waistline down past their hips. Perhaps these are "gangsta" jeans and were designed to drop to the knees.

See 1 answered question