5.0 out of 5 stars My new favorite brand and style of jeans
I didn't buy these on Amazon, I got them at my local Boot Barn, but since Boot Barn had a limited selection, and they are pretty much the only place to find this style of Carhartt's in San Diego, I will be buying them here on Amazon from now on.

Published on August 3, 2012 by Paul Bauer

1.0 out of 5 stars Fit does not feel right!
These might be called Relaxed Fit but unless your waist is 3" lower then normal they are not confortable at all. Way to tight in the crotch area.
Published 24 months ago by sk

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favorite brand and style of jeans, August 3, 2012
This review is from: Carhartt Men's Relaxed Fit Straight Leg Jean (Apparel)

I made a decision a few months ago that the only kind of jeans I will buy from now on have to be at least 14 oz denim. Only classic Cowboy Cut Wranglers (The first skinny jean, yuck) and Duluth Trading company had affordable enough jeans at that weight. Then I found these Carhartt's which are made out of 15oz denim! Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

Most jeans you buy, including Levi's, are made out of 12oz denim which doesn't last very long, which means you have to buy them all the damned time and it pisses me off. How can Levi's charge $60-$70 for a pair of their jeans when they don't even come close to the quality of Carhartt's?

I guess I don't have to worry about that anymore, since these will be the only jeans I buy from now on!

5.0 out of 5 stars Rugged, timeless, the real deal., February 20, 2012
MD (Los Angeles) - See all my reviews
No trendy BS, just solid timeless denim jeans for people who appreciate what jeans used to be a looong time ago. If you're too young to remember when jeans were well made and made to take abuse you owe it to yourself to see what it was like.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Denim: Carhartt Men's Relaxed Fit Straight Leg Jean [35 x 32] - > Photo < -, May 27, 2013
I have worn Levi's all my life, no exceptions, for 5 decades, when it comes to denim. What made
me change my mind was the price of Levi's denim. I liked the price of Carhartt's denim so thought
I'd give them a try.

I have worn these jeans for over a month now and they seem very sturdy and tough by feel and
look; appear well made by my evaluation. They are "Made in Nicaragua from Mexico Components"
out of 100% cotton. By the way, Carhartt is located in Dearborn Michigan.

The "Relaxed Fit" seems to be cut a bit tight around the buttocks but waist and length are
appropriately sized for my 6 foot build. They still felt comfortable but just a bit more tight under
the buttock than Levis "Relaxed Fit" jeans of the same size.

I washed them in hot water and dried them in a hot dryer to shrink them UP a bit. The waist was
still appropriately sized and the length shrank a bit. The buttocks area, after the wash and dry
still felt the same. Again, I think it may be the way Carhartt cuts their product in that area.
Maybe someone else can chime in on my observation.

I am just shy of 6 foot tall, 195-200 pounds, and a 32 inch length is 1-3/4 of an inch too long for
me with tennis shoes or the like. With 3/4 inch boot heels they look okay, length-wise, but still
gathers around the ankles. Not my look but, hey, they are jeans for casual and work situations.
The 30 inch length was just too short, especially allowing for some shrinkage, and it appeared that
31 inch were not available. Whether that is a sizing decision of Carhartt's or just unavailable from
the vendor I do not know.

They have the standard 5 pockets; that is, two front and two back with a coin pocket, above and
slightly in the right front pocket. Easily takes my 1-1/2 inch leather belt and should be able to
take up to a 2 inch belt if need be.

Overall I am pleased with Carhartt jeans. Fit and finish is as good as Levis and sturdiness will be
found out in the future, but I feel they will endure well. They are soft as denim can be and look
like any other denim product. I would most likely buy another pair of Carhartt instead of Levis. I
can definitely recommend them as an alternate denim pair of jeans. I gave it only four stars due
to the lack of a 31 inch length and unknown issue of long term wear.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Update 11/22/2013: I did indeed buy another pair of these fine jeans. Although the product ID
number is exactly the same, the back side and the inside of the pockets are a brown-ish color. You
will still see the blue jean color on the outside viewable area but there appears to be no discernible
difference than the color. Curious. (See Photo)

UPDATE 04/25/2014: Both pairs of jeans are holding up well to repeated washings and drying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great durable jeans, October 10, 2011
jj (Quincy, Illinois USA) - See all my reviews
I got these for my father, he loves them, they are durable, they dont shrink, they hold up great under a lot of stress and pressure and he wears them not only to work but also church.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fit does not feel right!, December 25, 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars Fit is tight, March 20, 2013
First time purchasing Carhartt and I went a size larger on the waist. The fit was loose at the waist but so tight around the butt and thigh area I have to return them. This is the loose fit too. My advice is if you have muscular legs and butt that these jeans may be to tight for comfort. Gave three stars because the jean itself is of very nice quality. Built strong with good reinforcement just the fit is wrong for a man with muscle.

5.0 out of 5 stars great jeans, May 13, 2013
tougher than wrangler, they wear longer and the fit is better, a higher rise, cheapr in price, have 3 pair now and am enjoying them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Jeans, February 4, 2012
These jeans are made of good heavy denim, nicely finished and fit well. A little longer than I would like but I have previously ordered custom hem lengths on a different brand. Accurate sizing - Did not shrink at all.

1.0 out of 5 stars way to tight up your butt, March 31, 2013
way to tight up your butt.
i bought a size bigger & still to tight in your junk area.
Riggs jeans much better for work

5.0 out of 5 stars Waist size is perfect., November 7, 2012
I am wearing size 34 of any branded jeans and I ordered 34 on this brand ( carhartt) and it fits well. Just hope that 34w x 29L becomes available soon for this variant so I can order another pair.

Carhartt Men's  Relaxed Fit Straight Leg Jean