5.0 out of 5 stars Last a very long time
Published on September 8, 2011 by D. Klingensmith

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality
After 2times worn the denim ripped on the backside right side by pocket. They are not repairable. Too expensive for such poor quality. :(
Published 9 months ago by Kimberly Moss

5.0 out of 5 stars Last a very long time, September 8, 2011
This review is from: Carhartt Men's Relaxed Fit Tapered Leg Jean (Apparel)
Carhartt Men's Relaxed Fit JeanI have been purchasing Carhartt Jeans for some time. I have owned many pairs of Levis over the years and they simply can't match the quality and value of Carhartt. One of the reviewers brought up an interesting point. The Levis of our youth seemed to be much better made and better fitting than the Levis which are made today. I agree 100%. Go to any any major department store and take a long look at the price of Levis and you'll quickly realize Carhartt is a much better value. Sure the Levis have so many different styles (501, 505, 550, 560) but all us normal guys want is a great fitting, well made, good looking and reasonably priced pair of jeans. As long as Carhartt continues to meet this criteria, I will continue to purchase them.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last, a good pair of jeans, September 5, 2011
This review is from: Carhartt Men's Relaxed Fit Tapered Leg Jean (Apparel)
I grew up wearing Levis, both 501s and a zip-fly straight leg version that I think was the 505. So that was the 80's, right. Come back to Levis in 2011 and what you find is that the jeans either fit funny to match some modern style, or they're constructed with really poor quality - like, fall apart in the washing machine quality. Sure, Levis makes a made-in-USA 501s now, for only like a million dollars per pair; if you're like me, though, the years haven't been kind enough to permit you to fit comfortably in those. (Sort of like the mouse who wanted to throw a dance party, but he had no ballroom, if you know what I mean.)

Anyway. I figured that at this price, with all these good reviews, something was outta whack here. But I bought a pair anyway - in Dark Stonewash, because I like to lighten them naturally.

Totally stoked. So glad I did. They remind me of the comfortable, well-fitting jeans of my youth - they fit right for the middle-aged me, but they look good and feel great. Definitely agree with the other reviewers that they run a size big. In Dockers and Brooks Brothers my waist is a 36; the Carhartt 38s fit me perfectly. My inseam is 32 but these are a really long 32; I suspect they'll shrink up after the first wash.

But they were a hit right out of the bag. I was going to come back and buy another pair but these seem tough and well made. I may not *need* another pair for a while.

I dunno what people want out of a pair of jeans these days, but if you saw anything that reminds you of yourself in this review, do yourself a favor and buy a pair. You won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Carhartt, October 18, 2010
1st pair of Carhartt's and I love the way they fit. I also like that I can get them in 28" inseam. Me having short legs being able to buy jeans that I don't have to have hemed is great. I have already ordered another style.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Great jeans at a reasonable price., December 1, 2010
These are my husband's favorite jeans. He doesn't like to shop, and the stores I go to don't carry these jeans, so when I found them on Amazon I had to buy them. They arrived quickly and my husband is very happy with them. I will be ordering more for him from Amazon in the future!

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality, March 8, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot Pants!!, May 18, 2007
Diena M. Drury (The Dalles, Oregon) - See all my reviews
My hubby has been wearing Carhart since I met him, he loves them.They stand up to his working in the aluminum plant here, and his busy (destructive) lifestyle. These are the bamb!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Sorry product from Cahartt, February 1, 2014
The jeans are coming apart around the pockets and zipper area and they were purchased in November! These are very sorry jeans from Cahartt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gotta love Carhartts!, February 19, 2010
My husband loves these jeans. He is hard to please when it come to his jeans so that's a huge compliment.
The fit is great!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ideal Jean, October 8, 2010
This jean fits my husband perfectly. He can wear it for work or going out on the town and look amazing every time. He and I swear by it as it looks good, feels good, and lasts as long as a pair of jeans should.

1.0 out of 5 stars Carhart, February 3, 2014
A real letdown.
Carhart has changed factory suppliers and the jeans are not at all the quality of the jeans from a few years ago.

I`ll look for another jeans maker and Carhart has lost a customer forever.

Carhartt Men's  Relaxed Fit Tapered Leg Jean