5.0 out of 5 stars Good pants for lot's of stuff
Published 23 months ago by R. Severin

3.0 out of 5 stars Size matters
Bought 4 pairs of pants all the same size. All fit differently although they were marked the same. Had to return 2 of them. Kept one that was a little big and one a little small.
Published 22 months ago by Henry Bevillard

5.0 out of 5 stars Good pants for lot's of stuff, November 22, 2012
I seem to have gone over to Carhartt as my choice in pants. These are very substantial pants for all types of activities. Work, play, informal outings can be covered with these pants. The fit is good, the material is strong, and I expect a long life from them. I purchased several pairs, and have disposed of all my old pants, with the exception of my really good stuff. (suits and theater clothes, like that) The price was good, and the shipping was free. I am a happy camper.

3.0 out of 5 stars Size matters, December 17, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pants, November 7, 2012
I ordered these pants for my husband, who is 6'4''. He has several pairs of Carhartt pants but not in this style. The fabric is a brushed twill/ or canvas so the pants are more casual and I did not press a crease in them. Slimmer than other Carhartt styles, yet not too slim in the thigh. He loves them and they look great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Extremely comfortable, March 13, 2013
This review is from: Carhartt Men's Rugged Work Khaki Relaxed Fit Pant, (Apparel)
This is my first pair of Carhartt pants, but it certainly won't be my last. They are very comfortable, and they fit well (except that they were longer than I expected - but I blame that on myself). I like the metal button at the waste a LOT, as I've had more than one pair of dress pants have the button come off. The cell phone pocket on the right leg isn't a big draw for me, but it doesn't take away from the pants, either. The pockets are nice and deep, but still easy to access.

These aren't "iron free" in terms of having no wrinkles, but they work fine for business casual wear in my area. They are easily as dressy as Dockers Men's Comfort Waist Khaki D3 Classic Fit Flat Front Pant, of which I have three pairs.

I've worn Dockers for decades. Decades. But, I've never enjoyed how quickly they wear out, and their quality hasn't gotten any better of late. So, it was time for a change - and I'm glad that I tried these.

My reason for "liking" them and not "loving" them (so, four stars) is that my pair had a worn spot on one leg (there was a tear in the outer layer of fabric). The spot was small, and I was too lazy to exchange it (but I'm sure that Amazon would have done it without question)...but I do wish that it had been caught in the quality check. I will be ordering more pairs, and I'll update my rating if my opinion changes.

Overall, I recommend giving these a try, especially if you are used to Dockers like I am. I'm pretty impressed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice pants... waist is small..., November 13, 2013
L. Corrao "SoCal Larry" (Southern California, USA) - See all my reviews
The material, quality, and feel of these pants is nice. However, the waist size is one size small. I normally order 31" waist, but need to get 32" for these Carhartts. The length seems ok.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable - dressy - durable, September 29, 2014
First time ordering these pants, and I am very happy with them. Really really comfortable material, they fit nice without sliding down like a higher rise pair of pants would, creating a saggy butt look. I feel like these are clean/dressy enough I could wear them to church or some nice dinner, but tough enough I could go hiking or hunting in them. Will be ordering another pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Fit, June 5, 2014
Bill (Emery, SD) - See all my reviews
I started wearing Levi's in Junior High School. I've worn them for 5 decades. That "5" is not a typo. In recent decades it has been 501s. Some wizard at Levi Strauss decided to "update the cut". That means they removed fabric to make them into "low riders". The belt line now rides where no adult male wants them to. They are uncomfortable and my shirt won't stay tucked in. They also have two less belt loops. My favorite, "wear them every day pants" have gone to hell!

What to do? I was killing time in a boutique clothing store while my wife was shopping. They had a tiny men's section. I saw Carhartts on the shelf. I had nothing better to do, so I tried them on. They fit so well, I ignored the high "boutique" price. I found a little piece of heaven when I found the part number here on Amazon. Now with a 1-click finger stroke, I get a fresh pair of pants that are comfortable. A half dozen pairs of usable Levi's will be rotting where they are headed.

Note to Mr/Mrs Carhart: Thank you. I'm not likely to be a steady customer for 5 decades, but you have me for whats left. Please don't change anything.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good trousers, September 8, 2014
Good trousers, may buy additional pairs. I bought these because I have been disappointed with the material that is currently being used by Levi's in their jeans (it seems to be getting thinner and lighter duty). I have previously been a hard core, lifelong Levi's and Lee jeans buyer. I do prefer the slash type front pockets of jean's styling. The side opening front pockets (conventional slacks styling) of these Carhartts are the one thing I'm not that crazy about, but the material is a good weight, not super heavy duty canvass type denim, but not too light either.
And Carhartts are available in colors that I like.
One thing, I'm glad I read the reviews because some reviewers have said that Carhartts run a little smaller in the waist. I believe that this is true and I'm glad I ordered a waist size at the larger end of what I normally wear. My waist is 32" and I can wear a 32" in the summer with "T" shirts. I normally add one inch for wear in the winter with heavier shirts (33"), but can wear 34"s as well. So I ordered these Carhartts in 34" and they fit about the same as 33" jeans.

2.0 out of 5 stars not so rugged, December 17, 2013
These are soft and comfortable, but more like casual pants. Fit is a little tighter than expected too. B11 is the real heavyweight version that I was looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Khakis So Far., April 10, 2014
I purchased these from another web site. I work in IT and am up and down, crawling under desks, up ladders, etc all day long. I have been wearing Old Navy khakis for 2 years due to price and convenience. The Carhartts have a differing texture than regular Khakis. I traditionally wear a 31 waist at Old Navy, but ordered a 32. The 32's in Carhartt seem to be closer to a 31 1/2. However they are super comfortable. The length seems to be perfect for me as well. The rear pockets are deep, as are the front pockets. The inside leg hem is triple stitched, and pockets double stitched. Zipper is heavier duty than normal and actuates very smoothly. The cell phone pocket is PERFECT. However over time I fear it will loosen and your phone will slide out if you are upside down. I assume 90% of people wearing these wont be upside down..

All in all I will be purchasing more of these. For the money, well worth it. Comfort is +1. Just a little gotcha on the sizes.

Carhartt Men's Rugged Work Khaki Relaxed Fit Pant,