5.0 out of 5 stars Best Workclothes In the World
As a long time Carhartt fan, I had always admired the Sherpa vest but could never find it in my size.
Published on April 7, 2011 by Michael Goff

3.0 out of 5 stars get ir a little bigger than your normal size
I have wide shoulders so I should have got the L so I can fit a hoodie more comfortably under it.
Published 4 months ago by brandon jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Workclothes In the World, April 7, 2011
Michael Goff (LINCOLN PARK, MICHIGAN, US) - See all my reviews
This work vest is cut in such a way that you have complete freedom of movement through the shoulder and waist while the longer tail covers your waistband in case your work pants tend to dip a little when weighted down. The medium fits me very well as a lean 6' guy with a 40 or 41' chest. If you're worried about the waist being too tight, let me assure you, I wear mine over several layers with my pants at my waist (instead of hanging off my butt) and while it's close to the body (Safety first guys!), it's not restrictive.

The sherpa lining is warm and soft against the neck. It layers very well, and in Sandstone I've found it to be a pretty stylish, rugged option with work pants and a long sleeve button-up when I go to make bids or just with nice jeans and a Henley to go run errands or down to my local pub.

If I had to find fault in this vest, I do wish the front hand pockets were just a touch taller but my Cordless drill (Rhymes with "default") fits well enough that I can park it there to climb a ladder or whatever. Also, the front chest "map pocket" is outside the lining so in VERY cold weather I don't recommend you put your smartphone there.

As for the seller, the item arrived exactly as described with no extraneous packaging and right on time. Great piece of workwear at a competitive price.

4.0 out of 5 stars runs a little short, February 4, 2010
P. Spencer (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
Nice vest but it runs short. I bought my husband a large regular and had to return it for a large long. I recommend buying 'long' in any size you order. It's just my opinion for what it's worth. We went to the Raleigh NC farm show and my husband vest fit right in with the rest of the farmers/cowboys.

4.0 out of 5 stars High quality but I don't like the collar., August 9, 2010
This review is from: Carhartt Men's Men's Sandstone Duck Rugged Vest - Sherpa Lined (Apparel)
This is a very good quality product. All the stitching and material seems very stout. It's a warm vest, with plenty of insulation. The one thing that I really don't like is the collar. It doesn't lay down. It sticks up rubbing on the lower back of my head. I'd go with the collarless one instead.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice, February 17, 2014
Chris C. (Lynchburg, VA) - See all my reviews
The vest works great, feels great. My only complaint is the collar is "wrinkled" to the point I cant seem to straighten it out. It doesnt affect the performance, just nit-picky with the look. I wear this over my other layers when hunting and the extra warmth, numerous pockets, and range of motion with the arms is great. It even extends a little farther in the back fabric which helps me feel more secure when concealed carrying.

5.0 out of 5 stars does the job, January 24, 2013
I really like having a vest for working outside in the cold. This one is warm and it allows me freedom of movement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid and well made, January 14, 2013
R. McClellan (Adirondack/St. Lawrence River Valley) - See all my reviews
I've been working in Carhartt work clothing for years and I've always appreciated the fit and durability. This vest is definitely in that class. I probably would choose the conventional lining for dirty work (I have had such a vest for 10 years) but I bought this because I wanted something that was a little cleaner (and didn't have screws and tape measures in the pockets!) to wear when I wasn't into the dirt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Vest, April 6, 2012
I just received the Carhartt vest and it is even better than I expected! The weather has just cooled down enough to wear it and it's great. Very lightweight, but the sherpa lining keeps you warm while you work. Great work and play vest!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars CARHARTT TOPS!, March 16, 2012
J.B. GOOD (BETHEL PARK, PA, US) - See all my reviews
EXCELLENT QUALITY AND A GOOD VALUE. COMFORTABLE AND GOOD FIT. RECOMMENDED AS MOST CARHARTT PRODUCTS ARE TOPS IN THEIR CLASS.

4.0 out of 5 stars tough and warm, February 7, 2012
The Carhartt Vest is made of heavy material with a sherpa lining. It should last a hundred years. Just the thing on a cold winter day!

I bought the tall size in order to cover the gap mid waist and it does. It is supportive on a sore back with good warmth because of the lining that feels good too.

It is very stiff right now, but should soften after washings.

A good purchase from Amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, December 1, 2011
Excellent product, the sherpa liner is makes the vest a keeper. Recommend purchase for anyone who likes wearing a vest.

Rate and Discover Movies