4.0 out of 5 stars Old stand by
Published on January 13, 2012 by maydaygray

2.0 out of 5 stars Sizing very unreliable
Published 22 months ago by John C. Campbell

4.0 out of 5 stars Old stand by, January 13, 2012
I've been buying these pants for 20 years and I wear them almost every day. They last a long time and are the best to work in. However, I have two problems with them: They are now no longer made in the USA but instead in Central America sweatshops. AND secondly, despite the previous statement they continue to go up in price. In fact they are about 30% more than a year ago when all production seems to have moved. I will say the pants otherwise seem the same, but it's a bit much that Carhartt advertisements all feature "the American working man" but then make their products in Honduras and Mexico.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sizing very unreliable, February 10, 2013
I have been wearing these pants for many years, beginning when they were only available in the Carhart brown. However, Carhart has now outsourced production to other countries. Last year, i ordered 5 pair in various colors. Every pair - identical size 34 x 30 - were cut differently. One pair, tight in waist and too long, another too wide in waist and too short, another correct waist but wrong length, etc. The green were made in Nicaragua, the brown in Mexico, etc, and the sizes seemed to vary by country of origin. So, extremely poor quality control. I ordered 2 pair this year, and had the same issue. So, unless you can go into a store and try them on, better get something else or be prepared to send them back and try to guess what size will arrive. I see Carhart is now advertising a clothing line as "Made In USA" so I guess they recognize the issue. Too bad. I really like these pants. But NOT recommended for on-line purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Flawed seconds., February 10, 2008
I wear Carhartt clothing all the time. Though these were not advertised as seconds, they obviously were as the zipper was incorrectly installed and there was no inspector's tag in the pocket.

When buying Carhartt, be careful to find a responsible vendor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best work pants, period., March 12, 2012
I've tried all the Dickies, Wranglers, Wolverine, Craftsman...CARHARTT DUNGAREE'S are easily the toughest and most comfortable.

The best thing is, it doesn't matter what job I'm doing, these can handle it.

I don't know what I would do without the leg pockets now, I'm so used to carrying tools there. Flashlight on the left, 13mm and mech pencil on the right. The rear pockets are deep and tough as well, 2-19mm wrenches all day, everyday.

I do usually cut the hammer loop off though, then I can wear them without looking like a contractor. (Nothing wrong with Contractor's, I'm just not one)

You will be surprised how casual they look with that loop gone.

Bottom line, if your reading reviews about these work/play/whatever pants, do yourself a favor, pony up and get into some.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Made For The Working Man - Horribe Quality, September 9, 2012
Bought 3 pairs of the Carhartt B11 Work Pants. All 3 have huge tears in the crotch/backside area after only 5 months!!! Look at the pictures. Threw out one pair already it was so bad. These Carhartt work pants are definately not for the working man. They were purchased at Work N Gear which is a authorized retailer for Carhartt - these are not knockoffs.

Will be looking at another brand for my work clothes from now on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pants for Carpenters and Contractors, Have Lasted for 5 Years, February 5, 2014
I have 5 pairs of this exact pant. They lasted 5 years before they started to develop holes in the knees. They got a lot of abuse from laying tile, cutting trim on a mitre saw on the ground, or crawling under a house. Once they got holes in the knees I had to get some new ones. Besides being unsightly in public they also make putting on your pants a problem as your big toe will likely want to stick out the hole as you put them on also making the hole want to slowly rip larger as well. When using a chainsaw the wood chips will also tend to enter thru the holes and make your socks and shoes full of chips.

I checked the tags in my old pair which led me to these. B11 is the pant style. I did notice that my old tags from pants purchased 5-7 years ago said "Made in Nicaragua from Materials Sourced in the USA". These new pants say "Made in Nicaragua from Foreign Materials". Oh well. They still seem like the same tough, thick fabric.

I particularly like this color, Desert, as after 5 years of weekly washings they faded to a still nice lighter version of themselves. Putting these new pair side by side with my old showed just how much the color has changed, but instead of your normal "oh, this had faded look, I though, Oh this has lightened in color". The other darker colors of this pant after so many washings look like they are fading. I almost prefer the lighter color.

Overall I have been very happy with these pants and am very glad to own new pairs free of holes, paint, and threads at the bottoms. Well it's time to get back to work!

5 Stars Easy. Fit was as expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome pants, March 12, 2012
These pants are better than i expected. The quality and fit are what you would expect from Carhartt. The only thing I can say is order one size up. They are about one size smaller than there regular jeans. May be the duck material.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the same as they used to be, November 11, 2013
These are not like the older pair we were trying to replace that have lasted close to 20 years and are still actually ok. We are finding most companies that have been known for their quality garments somehow can't keep up the quality once they start making them overseas, unfortunately Carhartt has joined that crowd. We won't buy again......and hopefully the 20 year old pair of pants will last another 20. Charge us more and make them here please....................

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, December 27, 2009
Charles Dwyer (BELMONT, ME, US) - See all my reviews
I gave this pair of Carhartt's away for Christmas. They were a big hit. I saved about $7.00 by purchasing them through Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars The original, October 15, 2010
Thank you Carhartt.
Almost perfect in every way.
They should be in the Smithsonian.
The same style and quality for decades.

My only suggestion to buyers is be willing to send the first pair back in order to get the right fit. They have kind of an idiosyncratic fit and you've got to get a feel for them.
Shipping was quite fast.