Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on December 6, 2011
I live in Minnesota.
these gloves have not kept my hands warm at all.
they retain moisture like a sponge,
and that makes it (the cold) even worse.
also, the lining is very loose,
and they are simply uncomfortable.
I would not buy theses gloves again.
Carhartt has not kept up the quality I expect from them,
even their work pants have much poorer quality than in previous years.
VERY DISSAPOINTED!
1818 comments|296 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2011
I just received the gloves to use for work here in Afghanistan. The temp here is currently 40 degrees fahrenheit and the gloves fail to keep my fingers warm. Another problem I have with the gloves is the poor quality in stitch work and durability. I have had the gloves for 2 days and the left hand ripped apart when I was twisting a wrench on an aircraft. I have come to expect good things from Carhartt products but these gloves are not worth buying.
11 comment|254 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 12, 2012
Carhart gloves Xl Fit very well. The lining pulls out a little when you sweat in it. You would definitely have to put a fan on these overnight or put them in the dryer to dry out the liner if you plan on using these gloves daily. You could buy two pairs and rotate them out. I do labor with steady walking and moving for 4 to 8 hours outdoors. These gloves kept me warm and I was sweating down to 40°, I believe you could go between 20° to 40° with these gloves as long as you are moving and generating heat. These gloves are more form fitting to my hand then the Wells Lamont rip-offs with Carhartt I am able to work the controller to press and hold button to make machinery work. Can be a little to bulky but for my purposes just holding a button it works. The WL gloves are bulky and will hit other buttons close by stopping the machinery. Unfortunately these gloves state they are waterproof but after tested =NOT WATERPROOF, water resistant at best, in light rain for an hour or so you might be alright. Another person purchased these gloves that did the exact job I am doing he wore them in the rain and told me NOT WATERPROOF. I placed the Carhartt gloves in bucket of water and water came in. These gloves fit well around my hand and I feel will have good durability. I have not used these much due to the mild winter but when I did they kept me very warm I am considering purchasing the black pair for when I work security jobs outdoors.
11 comment|86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 16, 2014
Well, I must say I knew better to start with but also thought I would give Carhartt gloves another chance. Never again. If you actually use your hands for any kind of work don't get these. I got a pair as a test case this last winter season. Living in northern MN and being fairly active in the winter months, firewood, feeding horses, pulling people out of ditches, etc... gloves are required. They need to be warm which these were fairly warm. They need to be well built, these are not. First pair of gloves I've ever had fall apart this fast. The "waterproof" portion is simply a layer of plastic between the insulation and the outer shell of the glove. Needless to say they weren't waterproof long. When I say I knew better is was more along the lines of nylon gloves just won't last under heavy use. For work purposes, they need to be leather or something hardier. In the end, these gloves didn't make it throught the first month of this winter before falling apart at the seams. I pushed them through the rest of winter and they look like I fed the to the lawn mower. About as warm and waterproof now as a pair of jersey gloves.

For those looking to just keep your hands warm and dry, these may work for you. For those that work with their hands, don't do it.
22 comments|65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 4, 2015
I bought these gloves in the middle of last winter (January). These gloves didn't even get through this past November which is the beginning of our artic cold. They tore, fell apart and would never kept my hands warm. I had to add a glove liner and even then they were terrible. If you want pictures, I can provide them as I'm going to contact carhartt who seem to pride themselves on their cold weather gear. I never mistreated these gloves and always kept them in dry places.
review image review image review image review image
on August 23, 2014
They're warm as long as you don't get them wet. Unfortunately, the waterproof claim fails pretty quickly. The liner also isn't removable, so even if they get wet and you figure you'll throw the liner in the dryer to dry them out, no luck. They stay wet for a long time because you can't easily air/dry them out.
on January 8, 2013
Order the gloves one size larger than your size. I need XL, but I ordered XXL and the fit is good with a little bit of roominess that I wanted. They keep your hands warm (~25 degrees F) and the insulation doesn't get compacted when using a shovel, sledge, etc. The one problem is that the insulation needs better adhesion to the outer skin. After a few usages, it now follows my fingers down when I remove the gloves. A partially satisfactory work around is to hold the finger tips while removing the glove.
on November 8, 2012
Bought these at Tractor Supply, and I really like them. The liner is the softest thing I've owned. I'm using these for driving gloves during winter months and when I have to walk around out in the cold. As some have stated, they're not going to be the best hard-work gloves out there, and I wouldn't pack these for downrange or extreme hikes or camping. Get some 5.11 or other tactical cold weather gloves for downrange. Get Patagonia or Arcteryx gloves if you are flying across the world to hike. I would think they are suitable for casual hikes or camping. These will be fine for gripping icy steering wheels and shoveling light snow in suburbia. One tip: I'd spray the outside with a water repellent like Scotch Guard before you start using them, and after every wash. The shell around the fingers are probably too bulky for hunting, but the stuffing is not bulky compared to ski gloves.
on November 29, 2013
I live in Chicago and have a dog (boxer) that I walk twice a day. I needed a glove that would protect from hands from the freezing temperatures and unforgiving winds of the winter season. When I walk my dog in 25 degree weather...my hands stay quite warm. These are the best gloves I've ever purchased. And per another reviewer - be sure to order one size up as the fit is quite snug.

For those looking for something stylish - do not buy this product. I'll admit they're a little bulky and I find it hard to handle a phone or any thing else while wearing these. That said...I didn't purchase them for aesthetics. My main goal was to keep my hands warm, and these gloves will do that for extended periods.
on June 29, 2014
A hole formed in the index fingers within a week after purchasing. Never kept my hands warm or dry. They're fine if all you need to do is protect your hands from a cold steering wheel while driving to work, but for actual use as a work glove, you're wasting your money.