4.0 out of 5 stars Good looking and comfortable but L=XL
Published 8 months ago by Kevin O'Boyle

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Sweatshirt, Bad Hood
I love everything about this sweatshirt except the hood which is too big and loose and the tassels do not have locking device's so you have to tie them to keep the hood in place, making you look like a child on their first day of school.
Published on March 28, 2010 by L. B.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good looking and comfortable but L=XL, April 2, 2014
Kevin O'Boyle "kindwarrior" (Seabrook, TX United States) - See all my reviews
Carhart is idiosyncratic with sizing. I learned a while ago that what every other manufacturer considers an "extra-large" Carhart calls "large". As I'm getting older and less trim, I find their sizing strangely comforting but you need to be aware of this or you'll be disappointed with the fit. Everything I have bought from Carhart has been top quality (sturdy) clothing. This hoodie is no exception. The zipper is double stitched and made of heavy brass. As an unexpected bonus the zipper features an unusually large pull which is easy to grab even through heavy gloves.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Sweatshirt, Bad Hood, March 28, 2010
L. B. (WI United States) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent hoodie, July 21, 2013
As others have mentioned, this hoodie is larger than expected. I've got fairly broad shoulders, so I figured it wouldn't be a problem, but this thing is even large on me. The arms on it are long, and it is taller than any other hoodie I've owned. The brass zipper is awesome. It might stick a bit, but this is a zipper that is never going to break.

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable and looks great, January 31, 2014
This hoodie is a little long in the torso, but it looks great. It covers most of my butt on cold days. Great spring/fall jacket, but it can also be used as an extra layer under bigger coat. Can't go wrong with carhartt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed and exptected, April 22, 2014
I've had a Carhartt hoodie (in Grey) for years and years and it still looks almost like new. This was significant for me since I am pretty hard on my clothes (boney and active). Decided I wanted to get another one in a darker color, so I went with the Olive.

As you can expect, it's very comfortable, the color is great, it looks good and is warm. It's become one of my favorite articles of clothing and I don't have to be afraid of being too rough on it.

Hell, one of these days I just might have to get another one!

4.0 out of 5 stars always a great sweatshirt, January 9, 2012
The only reason I did not give this item five stars is because of the color. I ordered the blue, and I was excited because it showed it lighter than the classic dark navy sweatshirt. Well when I got it, it WAS the classic dark navy. I was excited to expand my boyfriends color wardrobe. Nothing wrong with the sweatshirt, you can never go wrong with carhartt

5.0 out of 5 stars Carhartt is the best, November 8, 2013
This is a very warm coat and stylish too. I paid a very fair price for this coat. I have received a few compliments on the brown color. This coat is just in time as we are about to have our first "winter chill"

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Quality, January 5, 2013
This is a very nice quality hoodie. It is heavier than other fabrics and washed beautifully. Nice colors and true to size.

2.0 out of 5 stars Size too Big, October 2, 2014
REGGIE (Melbourne, Australia) - See all my reviews
Ordered a size Large which most of my hoody sizes are.. When the package arrived, it was way to big for the size.
The length of the sleeves were quite long. Had a hard time putting on the zipper, as well.

Went to a Carhartt store in the city and tried on another hoody and was surprised that i'm a size XL.
Now i'm confused. I don't want to risk ordering online for this brand unless im really sure about their sizing which should have been standard.
Besides, i end up paying more because of return postage. :-(

4.0 out of 5 stars great for chilly mornings, June 29, 2013
this midweight zipped hoodie is exactly what we were looking for to take the chill off on those cool summer mornings and cold winter evenings.

Carhartt Men's  Mid-Weight Hooded Zip Front Sweatshirt