Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now SnS

Size: 4X TallColor: BlackChange

on February 6, 2010
The coat is nice, however I thought it would be heavier than it is. The thermal lining is very thin.
11 comment22 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 30, 2013
I was very disappointed. My husband wore it for the first time and happen to get caught in a rain storm and the dye in the jacket ran through his shirt underneath the jacket. I really thought it was going to be very strong and durable.
on November 17, 2010
This coat is very warm and the best part about it is that it's very durable. I put this coat in my little locker at work which has destroyed 3 coats already but this one comes out without a scratch.
on September 24, 2012
Nice and roomy. Good for fall temps. Can add layers for harsh weather without feeling bulky.Good price and Great purchase.
on January 3, 2013
"This is the best Christmas present I got this year" is what my brother said a week after receiving this jacket. It's durable, warm, and the Tall sizing really helps for anyone over 5' 11". Great product.
on April 11, 2014
I had to exchange the X Large tall for a Large Tall. I had been wearing a 44 Tall that wore out. Apparently Carhartt has changed their sizing labels. The large tall size fit me fine. I am 6' 1" and 214 pounds. I normally always try to purchase tall sizes for all my shirts and jackets. Hope this helps other buyers.
on March 4, 2014
I decided to give this coat a try based on the warmth and price. I am from Michigan and run a year round tree company and this past Christmas decided to buy everyone in my company (roughly 12) people coats for presents. These coats fit perfectly. It is a little bulky at first, but once you wash them (yes machine washable and dryer able) they slim down a little. Being as how this was the coldest winter Ever (not really but its up there) I am very happy with my purchases. Outside very little wind blows through the coat and you stay pretty warm. On the warmer winter days, its almost to warm. My only 2 complaints (and the reason I only gave it four starts) with it are 1 - Half of the zippers were/are extremely hard and aggravating to zip. On my coat, I actually had to cut away some of the material before I would work the zipper, and 2- the hood is useless. I really wish it was detachable. It is so much bigger than the rest of the coat it will not stay on your head and if you do attempt to use it the wind is just going to blow it back down. I recommend a hoody underneath or a separate hat. All in all they monogram very well (but next to impossible to remove monogramming if a mistake was made) and all of my employees love them! Very worth the money. Also, these coats seem like they will last a long time. Several of my employees replaced coats from five year ago with these that are still very wearable and nice looking. Seems like this Christmas going to have to find something else to buy them, which I am so happy with the coats, will probably be the matching bibs. Highly recommend these for outside workers.
on October 30, 2012
Really like this jacket. I think it is the best jacket that Carhertt makes for a welding jacket. Breaks the air.
on January 18, 2007
my son really liked this jacket. it's a real warm and heavy jacket
on January 11, 2015
Pros :
Lightweight, plenty of pockets (inside too . ) Great barrier to wind and cold. Cuffed sleeves and tail end of coat help prevent wind from getting through this jacket. Heavyweight denim type material is a great cold and wind outer barrier. I wore this jacket in -6 F air temperature with a -25 wind chill. Considering its lighter weight than a heavier Carhartt winter coat I own, this jacket performed well. The heavier Carhartt is better for longer periods of time in sub-zero or heavier wind speed as it has better insulating material. For short periods of time or part of a multi-layered approach to cold weather, this jacket is a outstanding performer.

Cons :
The pockets, both inner and outer, could have been designed better. the outer pockets have no insulation, are not angled down and are somewhat shallow depth wise. the inner pockets are deep but hard to access. the zipper pocket is narrow so it is hard to get a large hand in to get items out. the other inner pocket has a hard to release velcro so it can pose problems when holding a item with gloves and trying to release the velcro. The pocket with velcro is wider than the zipper pocket, which to me made no sense.

I would have to give this item four stars for the pocket issues (especially the outer pockets--I'm always concerned I'm going to lose something out of one or the other. being wheelchair bound, this could present to be a serious issue). the wind and cold protection would warrant a 5 star rating if more attention to detail was paid to this otherwise outstanding item. I highly recommend this jacket for any use above 0 F. With layering it will be a great performer for zub-zero or high wind conditions.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse