5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Pants
Published on May 9, 2012 by adjective

2.0 out of 5 stars Pant sizr
Carhartt pants size run small. I wear size 36x32 so I have to order 38x32 in order to find the correct size.
Published 15 months ago by Roy

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Pants, May 9, 2012
The review title is cliche, but it really is appropriate here. I am a huge fan of Carhartt and their wonderfully durable clothing, especially their pants. Carhartt KNOWS their pants. I have them in every grade of thickness, from the heavy-duty 12 oz. dungarees to the duck double-front ones, to the lightweight canvas carpenter pants. Aside from formal wear, a few pairs of chinos, and hiking pants, I don't wear anything else.

These middleweight pants are the perfect compromise between work-ready durability and clothes you can wear around town, being of a narrower cut and lighter-weight fabric than Carhartt's iconic heavy duty pants which, while famously durable, are just intolerable in hot weather. The tool pockets and hammer loop are still there, but they're unobtrusive enough not to clash with an Oxford shirt and a sport coat. The one pair I've bought will by no means be my last.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, wears well but watch the size, June 8, 2013
I first ran across these pants in Goodies in south Huntsville, AL. I normally wear 32x32 and sometimes those are big on me. The Carhartt's were tight. A 33x34 would have been perfect but they only come in 2" increments. The 34x32 is a little big but they still look good and not baggy. I wear these into the office and sometimes to church. Unless someone notices the hammer loop everyone assumes I'm wearing Dockers.

I plan on buying more.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pant sizr, September 26, 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Runs too small, April 22, 2013
Jason W. Alexandre (Providence, RI United States) - See all my reviews
I liked the general look and feel of the pants, but they run too small. I usually wear a 33 waist, which gives me room to spare, but the Carhartt pant size 33 was tight - probably need a 34 or 35 in Carhartt Sizing. Try a pair on before ordering them.

5.0 out of 5 stars fast shipping, as expected, February 6, 2013
Bryan F (Kirkland, WA) - See all my reviews
My local big-box store rarely has my size in stock.
It is way more convenient to just order from Amazon.com.
Saves gas too.
I like everything about these pants except the hammer loop. A few minutes with a razor knife and the hammer loop is gone. I just held a metal spatula tight to the seam as a backer for the razer knife so I could get a close cut without damage. Now you can't tell the loop was ever there. They have been through several washings and all is good.

3.0 out of 5 stars mixed feelings., December 26, 2013
Carhartt usually runs big huh? usually a size up
Not these pants. the only way to fit these is to order 2 sizes up from your normal waist. For example i ordered a 32&32 (My usual size in jeans) but had to exchange them for a 34&32 for them to fit comfortably. Size in length was normal, waist is just tighter than expected. hassle to return but good quality pants, breathable, tough. Comfortable after sizing up

What to take away
SIZE UP 2 SIZES FROM YOUR NORMAL WAIST SIZE IN JEANS (32 TO A 34)
PANT LENGTHS REMAIN TRUE, ORDER YOUR USUAL SIZING IN LENGTH

1.0 out of 5 stars Size seems smaller, August 9, 2013
Added this pair of pants to the working collection. Definitely smaller than the other 10 pairs of identical model pants of varying colors. Must be using a different manufacturing process or plant. Might be the reason for the sale price. Buyer beware.

3.0 out of 5 stars Try them on when you get them!, February 4, 2014
Carly McIntosh (FORT COLLINS, COLORADO, US) - See all my reviews
My husband loves these pants, so I ordered him a pair in the dark khaki. They came and fit him perfectly, so I ordered another in the green later that month. He opened the second pair and we threw them right into the wash without trying them on. They were so small on him! I ordered the exact same size, exact same pant and washed them the same way and they do not even fit him in a squeeze! The tag said they were the same size, but they are clearly different side to side! Great pants, just watch out for the maybe mislabeled pants before you wash them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great work pants, September 30, 2013
I both this initially at a local store, with horrible customer service who made me feel very uncomfortable and unwelcome. I loved the pants so much but I didn't want to go back to that store so I ordered a few more pairs online. They are not designer pants, but I would happily say that they are the sexiest work clothes I've had. Several compliments from women ;) They feel very comfortable, although if you are used to baggy pants this ones feel skinny. They are not, they are just right! They are very comfortable to wear all day. I have them in several colors now. One word of advice, if you tend to get dirty at work get the darker colors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard-working pants, September 18, 2013
I'm a field biologist and much of my work is conducted in various forests. I usually end up walking through some pretty thick vegetation that would rip through most other pants. I have been caught in heavy limbs, dense briars and even barbed wire fencing numerous times and they have yet to tear. I know that a lot of people think that Carhartt's materials are really thick which makes them heavy and hot, especially during the summer. Although some of their styles are, this particular style isn't the case. I've never thought that I was weighed down or too hot when I was out working in these pants. This is actually my third pair, with the other two still holding strong. It's definitely worth the investment.