5.0 out of 5 stars saved my thumb
People need to understand there are two types of glove:
Warmth and mobility

This is made for mobility. That means it will keep your hands as warm as possible while allowing you to have almost the same functionality with your hands as if you didn't have gloves on. They also do things like allow breathing so your hands can cool off.

You can have...
Published 14 months ago by Wolf

3.0 out of 5 stars Gloves not warm enough for outdoor work below 20 degrees
The gloves are attractive, sized correctly, and more flexible than most work gloves. The fingers are not well enough insulated, however, for outdoor work in the Vermont winter. After about 15 minutes of wood stacking at 20 degrees above, my fingers were so cold I couldn't feel them. They'd be fine at any other time of year.
Published on November 27, 2012 by motain

5.0 out of 5 stars saved my thumb, November 23, 2013
This review is from: Carhartt Men's Winter Dex Kevlar Reinforced Spandex Work Glove (Apparel)
People need to understand there are two types of glove:
Warmth and mobility

You can have arctic proof hands or you can have hands that can perform fine movements but you can't have both.

These gloves do a wonderful job of letting moisture out and keeping the important bits waterproof and the leather palm is super comfy.

My first day with them I got hit in the thumb by a metal sheet rapidly flinging up from a hydraulic lift and it didn't hurt much just throbbed a bit and the gloves were unmarked. Later when I took the glove off a good deal of skin was missing from my thumb.... what can I say the padding on these things is really great.

In my opinion these gloves have the perfect balance of warmth, mobility, and durability for work gloves.

3.0 out of 5 stars Gloves not warm enough for outdoor work below 20 degrees, November 27, 2012
motain (Boston, MA USA) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for "cold" weather, December 4, 2012
Bill (Augusta, Maine USA) - See all my reviews
I have had better Carhartt winter gloves. These are OK for Spring and Fall - Winter (at least not in northern New England), no way! Your fingers will freeze!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Carhardt Gloves, March 13, 2012
I purchased these gloves two months ago. They have held up to the weather and my job quite well. They could use alittle more insulation for warmth, but it is nothing to worry to much about. I have been working out in 4 degree weather, and my hands were fairly warm. For the price, they are awesome.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable fit, warm, March 24, 2013
Richard Misiak (Western New York) - See all my reviews
Good gloves for general outdoor use. Would not recommend for extended periods outside in freezing tempatures. Insufficient insulation for real winter usage, though the are very comfortable

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality for such a name as Carhart, April 23, 2014
Bought these late October. Used them for work part time and had to switch them out with a warmer pair of gloves due to the cold. These gloves are not the best for cold weather. However, that is not the worst thing about these gloves, which is that they seems to wear out very quickly. I have had these gloves about 6 months and one glove has 2 major rips in the leather on the fingers. The other glove is showing wear in the leather stitching, which tells me that it too will soon come apart. I have had better luck with cheap off-brand gloves for less than 10 bucks a pair than I have had with these gloves that cost me over 30 bucks. Disappointed that so many good companies are increasingly cutting corners to save a buck. They think that the name and reputation will carry them through, even when making a poorly crafted product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Carhartt Quality Control Missed This One..., December 10, 2013
I have to edit my review to update my experience with these gloves...and it's not a good one.

1st: Carhartt customer service tried to make things right by taking my first pair of gloves (which were falling apart after a week), and sent me a new pair.

This new pair seemed to be of a new design...and it's horrible. There is a new plastic type lining that can be felt between the interior fabric and the exterior of the glove. This makes the glove ultra waterproof, but also makes it impossible to breathe. I'd rather have wet hands.

Aside from making the glove very uncomfortable (I can barely change radio stations in my car with these on), they caused the gloves to break...again.

Two days ago, I was shoveling snow with these gloves, and my hands began to sweat (it was almost 40°F). When I went to take the gloves off, I found them to be quite stuck to my hands. I tried to pry it off by pulling on the glove at the end of my index finger, and I heard a nice ripping noise. The stitching holding the interior lining to the glove itself tore...UGH!

When you advertise something as a "Kevlar Reinforced Work Glove", it shouldn't break within days of minor use!

I'm done with these gloves...Done with Carhartt.

I have products that I purchased 10+ years ago from this company that I will use until they break, but I refuse to buy any more Carhartt products after this experience...I just can't trust them anymore.

Old Review:
I love Carhartt products. I love these gloves. That being said, I clearly have a defective right glove. After 1 week using them to drive 15 minutes to work, the thread on the palm of the right glove has begun to come undone in multiple places. The thread around the cuff of the right glove is also starting to come undone. Meanwhile, the left glove remains in mint condition...and I'm not even right handed.

As I said, I love Carhartt products. I have pants, jackets, and a pair of steel toed boots at easily have 2000+ miles of walking on them, and they have all held up perfectly. This glove incident is upsetting to say the least.

4.0 out of 5 stars gloves, November 30, 2012
Ordered these gloves ( 2nd pr) for my son who works outdoors in very cold temperatures (-20 F +) and he states that the gloves do their job!! They are heavy duty, thick palm pads, but remain light weight.....excellent buy!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Lining pulls out with your fingers, March 3, 2014
La Horn (Bethlehem, PA, US) - See all my reviews
I found two problems with this product. First, there is no sizing chart relative to this item, as such since I usually where xl gloves, thats what i bought. As a result I have snug fitting gloves with fingers an inch to long, yuck. Secondly, the lining is not tacked to the glove exterior and readily pulls out when removing the gloves. Otherwise they seem rugged and fairly warm.

3.0 out of 5 stars They're good for comfort and grip, December 5, 2014
These gloves don't hold up when it's really cold out, certainly not for an extended length of time. They're good for comfort and grip. I don't recommend them if you'll be shoveling snow, winter camping or attending a sporting event below 45 degrees.