Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on August 9, 2013
I needed a lightweight coat for the fall. I've always wanted a barn coat but because I had been so obese...finding one that I liked was impossible. I lost 180 lbs in a year and a half (cancer and horror stories that are still happening) and so I decided to shop online. Land's End, LL Bean and every other place I looked had the same kind of fitted, "feminine" barn coats. I did not want a feminine, fitted coat to wear while working in the yard or making a quick trip to the store. This coat fit the bill. It's perfect....just what I wanted. If you want fancy, smancy, fitted (for your "feminine" curves this) isn't your coat.

If you are willing to spend $150 to $200 or more....try a Western clothing store for a woman's work jacket or coat. They are very nice and very expensive. I saw soem that I loved but why sopend a fortune wheh I can have a Carhartt for such a reasonable price. The fit doesn't matter when you are doing "chores"! The blue dusk color is very nice without being too "feminine". LOL This is a well made coat for a very reasonable price. Women that just want to look like they are going to do some real work would not like this coat. Gals that want to be comfy, warm and ready to spruce up the yard or run out for some groceries will love this coat.
on November 12, 2013
I actually love this jacket very much. It's warm and long. I like the lining and the large pockets are nice and deep. The reason I didn't give it 5 stars is the sizing. I wear L (12/14) in most tops and outerwear. Carhartt women's sizes are really off! They tend to run small. So if you wear a size L (12/14), you should definitely get the XL (16/18). I thought to err on the side of caution (as I have run across this with other Carhartt items) and order the XL. It fits perfectly.
on November 5, 2012
I bought this chore coat for a friend for several reasons. I'm a long-time fan of Carhartt products. Have some I've had for a long time; hence durable. Our climate is windy and variable. In winter we often have 40-50 degree difference between day- and night-time. The canvas outer layer will "break" the wind. The flannel lining will give warmth at night without overheating during the day if the temperature reaches 60 degrees. The classic chore coat design is simple, yet attractive; hence fetching. And by the way, she loves it.
on February 3, 2013
Great coat! It is great for working outdoors and the sleeves are long enough to roll the ends up to show the brown cord material. I think the color should be described more as a periwinkle or purple. I would suggest the weight of the coat if you are looking for a light fall/early spring jacket.
on July 13, 2014
I ordered this coat in deep wine so it doesn't show dirt. It works great for around the farm and in the coop, not too warm for rainy or cold summer weather and I'm sure I can layer underneath it in the winter. The only drawback is that the fit is very square and masculine. The lining is a pretty purple plaid pattern.
on August 8, 2014
Item runs true to size. It arrived quickly; however, it was stuffed into a small Priority Mail cardboard envelope (no wrapping or protective covering) and now I can't get all the wrinkles out. I want to exchange it for a smaller size, but have to pay to ship it back. Rip-off!
on December 22, 2014
I love this jacket! I wish I could order another one right now (since I use it on my projects, got paint on it) - I think it's also perfect to wear on a night out (casual of course). Beautiful jacket! LOVE IT!
on May 23, 2014
Love this jacket. It is perfect. Not too warm and big enough to move around in. I got the deep wine color which looked more like chocolate brown with a burgundy hue. I do not like the color. But the jacket is as expected! And a great price!
on January 8, 2014
This coat is just what I need for doing gardening and cleaning my aviaries in cold weather. It's warm without being too hot, breathes because it's cotton, allows plenty of flexibility, and the pockets are great for holding supplies. The fit (I'm a size 8 and chose Medium) is just right. We live in a mild climate (Northern California), so for truly cold climates it might be inadequate, but for our location, it's perfect. Good value for the price.
on October 21, 2014
I have been wearing this jacket for 2 years. I tend to be very cold, so can wear a light sweatshirt under this and still fits perfectly.
I wasn't sure about the color when i ordered it, but it is very pretty. The only downside is that the sleeves are a little short, but I like it so much I can overlook this.