5.0 out of 5 stars High quality and a new roomy fit., August 25, 2011
This review is from: Carhartt Women's Sandstone Duck Detroit Jacket (Apparel)
I have had two of these Women's Sandstone Detroit Jackets. The first I bought 3 years ago when I worked in the offices at a construction and recycling company. Even though my job was to handle the accounting, managing of the company computer systems and face to face communications with clients, it was still a dirty environment. Being surrounded by large machinery for crushing concrete, loader trucks, skid-steers and semi-trucks all working on projects, I couldn't wear anything to the office that I didn't want to get ruined.

Every one of the men I worked with had a well worn Carhartt. I was in need of a coat to wear to the office as it got colder out and so I decided to pick one of these up. The Detroit coat I got 3 years ago is a size Large and in the Vintage Rose color (didn't want to blend in with the guys too much). Surprisingly, even though everything in the offices was always covered in a black soot, my coat always stayed clean. The material just seems to repel everything. I wore the coat every day to work (except during the hottest months) and it always remained looking brand new. Also, I could scrape up against machinery when walking through the shop and nothing could tear through it.

Now 3 years later I picked up this same Detroit Jacket, this time a Large in the Dark Teal color. I notice they have made a few small changes to it. First, my old jacket (the Large in the Vintage Rose color) fits a little smaller, more like a size 10. The size Large I just picked up in the Dark Teal has a tag on it that clearly says it's a 12/14, and it definitely fits like it. Far more roomy and one could easily wear big bulky sweatshirts under the coat.

Also, the wool lining in the jacket from 3 years ago is very minimal. Just a very thin layer that's hardly there. The new Detroit jacket has a thicker and softer layer of wool inside. The color of the Vintage Rose is definitely more of a soft rosy color, not as orange as online pictures make it look. The Dark Teal is GORGEOUS. Much bolder and a true teal color. Not as dull blue as the online pictures.

So if your looking at sizing, I would say if your a solid size 12 to a 14+ the size Large will be more than big enough (with the new sizing improvements). If your on that line of size 10/12, go with the Medium or you will be swimming in this coat. These jackets are cut in a way that you can wear jeans and bulky sweatshirts under them, and still remain looking feminine.

5.0 out of 5 stars FabUlouS!, December 31, 2011
Love. love, love this jacket. Fits perfectly! What's not to love? The color is beautiful, the fabric is top notch, and it's not too heavy but definitely keeps the cold out. I never knew why people always made a big deal out of Carhartt but now I totally understand. I work in construction and have tried everything to stay warm on the jobsite...leather jacket, hoodies, layers, sweaters, combinations of all the above...This is it! the answer to all of them! Highly recommended, I got mine at Smooth Shop here on Amazon and the customer service, price, and quality were fabulous! Will definite be a die-hard Carhartt fan for life now. By the way, since this is a women's cut it's also kinda sexy, I wore it out with some of my girlfriends and they loved it too. Lots of compliments!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever, October 23, 2013
This review is from: Carhartt Women's Sandstone Duck Detroit Jacket (Apparel)
This jacket was the second one I've gotten from Carhartt but the first of this type. I've been needing a good jacket for winter that won't Get dirty easy or look dirty and this fits the bill! The above picture in the rose color is much more orange than the real thing. The real color looks great for red heads!

5.0 out of 5 stars and she is still wearing it, October 17, 2013
It has been several years since I had purchased this jacket for my Mom.I met up with my mom last weekend to discover that she is still wearing it. It is in great condition and the color has remained the same after all these years. Quality and Carhartt go hand and hand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Carhartt Sandstone Detroit jacket, May 27, 2013
2nd one I've purchased because it keeps me warm, fits well, looks good on me, the pocket placement & size function well for my needs, and the construction is robust. I like both colors I've gotten; the red and purple belies the industrial construction and use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great jacket!, December 17, 2012
This review is from: Carhartt Women's Sandstone Duck Detroit Jacket (Apparel)
I've owned a women's detroit jacket for 3 years now, it still looks great despite being put through the wringer with some pretty aggressive dogs that I train. It's warm, is wide enough in the shoulders to give me ample room to move and the sleeves stay put. I wear a size 16 in other coats, mostly due to broad shoulders for my height, with the Carhartt, I purchased the XL to give me the extra room to layer if need be, does not constrict my shoulders. the sleeves are a tad long, but I don't mind that, better to roll up once than have the sleeves too short. It also cleans up well!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Carhartt, November 26, 2012
Looks great, wears well. Quality product. My daughter uses it at the FFA for everything.
It's a Carhartt, 'nuff said.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, February 5, 2012
I have several Carhartt items but this coat is by far my favorite! I love the color and that it isn't really bulky to wear but still really warm!

5.0 out of 5 stars Typical Carhartt quality jacket, December 20, 2011
J. Bellas "Internet shopper" (Las Cruces, NM United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Carhartt Women's Sandstone Duck Detroit Jacket (Apparel)
I picked up this vintage rose jacket for my wife. Sizing was in line with what was shown in the sizing chart. However, the arm length was on the long side, but the sleeves are made so they can be "bunched up" on the arms. The duck material is very strong and will repel dirt and water for a short distance if you need to get from the car to inside if it is raining. My wife is happy with this "work" capable jacket.

Rate and Discover Movies