Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on December 30, 2014
I am 5'4" and 125lbs and ordered the xs, as other reviewers said the cuts run large, which I agree with. The xs fits me great, even with a fleece jacket underneath too. It is very warm by itself though. I wanted a good jacket with an inside pocket, and this one has 2 inside pockets. Love it.
review image review image
11 comment| 144 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 5, 2010
I ordered this coat because my Carhartt Women's "Sandstone Detroit Jacket", which I wear to work fall and spring, doesn't cut it in winter. The Sierra Jacket has ribbed inset cuffs, a longer back, a hood and a warmer lining than my Detroit style coat. I love this new jacket. It has an additional pocket with a velcro closure right where I like to keep my cell phone, unlike the zippered pocket in my Sierra. I have been completely pleased with this coat. It's also soft like an old teddy bear on the inside, so I'm all tough on the outside, snuggled on the inside. Better price here than anywhere else I looked too!
11 comment| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 28, 2015
Okay, so I tried this jacket on at Bass Pro Shop. The biggest they offered was an XL which fit but I wanted a size up incase I was wearing something thicker underneath.

I love the XXL I am 5 foot 5 and 236 pounds and I carry my weight equally all over. I love the jacket. It fits very nicely and I have no complaints except which color to get next!!

I bought the dark wine color which I wanted because light colors and I don't mix.
review image review image
on June 1, 2009
LOVE IT! I got it and had a business logo embroidered on the back. It holds the embroidery great and it looks nice. The jacket is warm, a bit warmer for say Spring, but perfect for fall and winter. It is cut nice for ladies hips too but not too bulky in the shoulders and chest like a men's jacket.
on January 15, 2012
Something about this jacket really appealed to me when I first saw it on amazon, but I refrained from buying it right away. I rarely make online purchases and when I do, I never buy clothes for fear that they will not fit right or that I'll change my mind as soon as I see it on. I read from the reviews mixed opinions about the small being too small, the cut being too short, etc, and decided to try and find the jacket in stores to see for myself. I couldn't find a place that stocked women's Carhartt, but my mind kept coming back to this jacket so I decided to take the gamble and just order it.

Let me just say that I am SO glad that I did! I have had this coat for about 2 weeks now and I am totally in love with it! I can see myself becoming attached to it and wearing it until it falls apart (which, judging by its sturdy design, will be a while). I ordered the blue dusk in a size small and, though I am not very well endowed (if you will), it is not snug at all and actually has room for layers and even comfortably fits whatever I want to put inside of its inner and outer pockets. It's cut so that you have easy movement in the arms and I found the length to be just right- long enough to keep me warm, but short enough to not get in the way when I'm sitting down. I also just think it looks cool, which I know isn't really an objective quality, but, hey, it matters, right?

I can't say that you will have the same reaction as me to this coat, but I do think that it is made very well and can tell you that it has kept me warm in bulky-down-parka weather. I take comfort in knowing that I am getting my moneys worth with this jacket.
on January 19, 2014
Pros for this jacket are that it is very warm,sturdy,good full size hood and the color is very pretty. Seems to run true to size. Cons the fit is bulky around the sleeves and middle, but tight around the waist and short in length. Nice jacket but not for me, and currently shipping this back.
on January 26, 2016
Absolutely love this Jacket. It is very warm and cozy. The cut and length is perfect on me. I am 5'6 200 Ibs and ordered the XL in crab apple color. There is plenty of room in this jacket and could easily have fit a large. This is my New Favorite jacket! I will never buy another brand after this.
review image review image review image review image review image
on May 3, 2012
Carhartt jackets for men or women are true classics and timeless. Great for casual wear to school, shopping, and even church. Tough material that you don't have to baby, and if you do get something on your jacket, just throw in the washer. One word that sums up this jacket is PRACTICAL.
on December 9, 2014
I ordered an SX and It is HUGE on me. I am 5''3', 110lbs. My boyfriend who is 6''2 tried it on and it looks like it was made for him. Also the color is darkern than the patriot blue.
review image
on December 23, 2011
I was happy to receive this jacket so quickly, but I couldn't believe the tiny box this was crammed into. It was in a 12 x 14 inch Flat Rate box. Come on!
Another thing, these do NOT run small. I ordered a size up and the jacket is huge on me. It fits my daughter, so I may just give it to her rather than go through the hassle of returning.