4.0 out of 5 stars Nice jacket
Published 23 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Soft & Comfortable
I thought this jacket looked great so I bought it. As soon as you put it on you are happy. It's soft and very comfortable. I would have given it a higher rating, but after washing it once in cold water, it faded significantly. I'm glad I got it on sale.
Published on January 16, 2012 by Andrew's Mom

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice jacket, October 17, 2012
This review is from: Carhartt Women's Sherpa Sweat Jacket (Apparel)
This jacket is warmer than I expected, and looks quite nice. The sherpa lining is only on the collar, not throughout the jacket, in case you might have thought otherwise (I initially made that mistake). A previous review said the jacket ran small, and I'm usually either an XS or S depending on the brand (but usually small - I'm a 34A with 26" waist) so I ordered S but it's big for me and I'll be exchanging it for the smaller size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for fall, December 30, 2011
This jacket is a stylish, medium weight sweatshirt that is cute and comfortable. However, it does not stop wind, and would not be good for cold weather.

3.0 out of 5 stars Soft & Comfortable, January 16, 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh, December 12, 2012
This review is from: Carhartt Women's Sherpa Sweat Jacket (Apparel)
I usually wear a medium or large. I ordered this in large.

The shoulders are droopy, making it look like it's too large, yet the body fit is really snug. I can only wear this over a light shirt. An XL would have been way too big in the shoulders.

But my biggest issue is the sleeves. The sleeves are extremely tight. I put this on over a 3/4 length T-shirt and the T-shirt sleeves bunched up, and I couldn't adjust them, so no way can I wear this with a 3/4 shirt. If I put it on over a short-sleeved T-shirt, I have to reach in and pull the sleeves down. I can wear it over a long-sleeved T-shirt if I hold the sleeves while putting on the jacket. A sweater or heavy shirt cannot fit underneath it at all.

And unlike the product photo, the sleeves come down to the middle of my hands! And I have LONG arms. I'm 5'9". I know some like sleeves covering half their hands, but I don't! I can roll up the sleeves but then the bottom of the sleeve detail is covered.

On the positive side, I like the length. It reaches the lower end of my rear, so better coverage than other fleece jackets I've tried.

Bottom line: If I had tried this on in a local store, I wouldn't have purchased it. I don't know if I will return it or not. It is really warm. As soon as I tried it on in my house over a T-shirt, I was too hot. I just haven't decided if it's worth keeping, considering I can only wear it when I have a light short-sleeved or long-sleeved shirt on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cozy, soft, & well made jacket, July 12, 2012
J. Smith (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This Carhartt Women's Sherpa Sweat Jacket is exactly what I was looking for. Living in Los Angeles the weather can get cool but not really cold. This jacket is well made & is even softer after washing for the first time with no shrinking (I wash all my clothes in cold to preserve the colors & low temps in the dryer). The fabric is thick & cozy but soft at the same time. I like the button details & unique color. I got it in glacier which appears grey in the photos online but is actually taupe color in reality. This jacket can go with practically any outfit. It is a nice flatering fitted fit without being too tight & is a great length. True to size. I am very happy with my purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars warm, cute, comfortable, January 4, 2013
I am 5'7" and on the heavy side. I love this jacket, fits great around my tummy area, I purchased an XL. The sleeves run long but I like that. Also, the sleeves are kind of slim fitting, especially on the forearm area, up by your upper arm it is just right, and I have bigger upper arms. I love that it is warm enough but not too warm for someone hot-blooded like me. Our winter's here get down into the teens and twenties, this coat with a long sleeve shirt underneath and a scarf is plenty warm for running errands around town. Very happy with my purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great casual jacket, December 22, 2012
I got this jacket in a x-small and it fits great (I am 5'0 and 110 lbs). Right now in Southern California there has been some cold days and this jacket definitely keeps me warm and it is also soft. One thing though, the black color looks different in the picture. It is more of a faded black, which I didn't mind at all because the jacket still looks and feels good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally I found it, December 13, 2012
anh nguyen (Berkeley, CA, US) - See all my reviews
Once upon a time, I had this lovely brown jacket that was both flattering and warm enough for someone who lives in the bay area. After two years it got worn out, and after that I'd been searching for another jacket that can produce the same quality. I bought a lot of (reasonably priced) jackets during the last two years; many were flimsy at best. I decided to take a chance on this one, and as it arrived today, I knew immediately that the search was over. The jacket has what I asked for: a youthful look, flattering color, comfort and warmth -- it has the same thick material as my last beloved jacket. Today is in the mid of Dec at Berkeley and it's been chilly the whole day, but I know that the jacket would keep me warm for the whole winter to come, after all, the same thickness had protected me throughout two whole days at Ithaca. I've wanted a minimalist jacket, one that is warm and not too big; one that is comfortable and fashionable enough so you can put it on and take it off with ease, and now I have it. I couldn't be any more pleased with the appearance; once I tried it on today, I thought I was Audrey Parker from Haven, isn't that she wore it in some episodes?

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice jacket but runs small, November 8, 2012
I like the look of this jacket and it feels soft and warm, however, it runs small. I normally wear a medium and bought a large in this jacket because I wanted some extra roominess. It still ended up feeling snug. The look of the jacket in the photo is a little misleading because to me, it looked to be more like a typical jacket but in reality, it's more like a sweatshirt jacket with the added collar, pockets and design. Also, I can see how washing it will likely deform the look of it so I'm a little leery of that when that time comes.

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like this jacket, May 14, 2012
Kat (Southern California United States) - See all my reviews
I got this before I went up to Northern California for a wedding last winter. I needed a coat that would be warm but look nice over my bridesmaid dress from the car to the wedding and reception. This was perfect. It looks better than your average jacket and it is warmer than a sweater. plus it has pockets so that worked out great for my iphone, lip gloss, etc.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›