1,617 Reviews
 (1,121)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great work shirt!
This shirt is well made and comfortable. They do run big! Even after washing in hot water (no discernible shrinkage). I'm 5'8" 175lbs, the large hangs to mid thigh. I will definitely buy more, maybe I'll try a medium.
Published on June 13, 2009 by Frank Todd

This is the only t-shirt that I wear, actually the only shirt that I wear.....ever.

Published 15 months ago by mnoswad1

1.0 out of 5 stars Own over 20 of these.....all same size....all fit differently., October 19, 2013
This review is from: Carhartt Men's Workwear Pocket Short Sleeve T Shirt (Apparel)

Buying a new batch to replace ten or so that are worn out, I noticed that some old ones are made in Mexico, some are made in Honduras and some are made in Haiti. As such the fit is different from each factory, the fabric is a different weight, stretch, softness......and more importantly the sizing and proportions are different. the shirts from mexico are noticeably too wide than the others in the waist.

This kind of inconsistent quality of construction and pattern is why I am now on a search......nay, a quest to find a new go-to work/everyday wear t shirt.

I no longer trust the Carhartt brand to deliver CONSISTENT fitment. As all companies seem more interested in producing a pleasing product to display nicely on a store shelf, Carhartt too seems more interested in that, rather than FUNCTION and FIT. They, like all "work wear" brands have no clue in the actual ergonomics of the human male body. btw.....6 ft slim 195 lbs here with a wider back than my waist. I should have no problem with an effing t shirt fitting me.

My most recent purchase of jersey knit work t shirts, are produced in Haiti. the shirts from Haiti have the following problems....

The neck hole is too low in the back and to high up on my adams apple in the front.

The arm holes are too far back on the body of the shirt, as such the fabric bunches up in the arm pit and restricts shoulder movement and gets instantly covered in deodorant wax and pit sweat stains because of the binding up in that area. These shirts cause arm pit camel toe.

The shoulders are too tight, the front body panel and the back panel of the the shirt body are identical patterns.......the back panel is supposed to be wider than the front because human backs are always wider than chests. The arm of human beings are not located at the actual sides of our bodies, but rather are "clocked" more facing forwards on our torsos......as proven by the fact that you cant cross your arms across your back.....easily, but you can cross your arms on your chest.

Overall.......the details are fine on these shirts, material, stitching, etc.......but the fitment, proportions, assembly and ultimately ergonomic functionality are so distorted that I will be wearing a different brand in the near future.

These shirts are now made to look good........folded on a store shelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great work shirt!, June 13, 2009
Frank Todd (Oroville, CA USA) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Monstrous!! A must for FAT GUYS!, September 8, 2010
As usual this is a well made product from Carhartt's clothing line.If your a FAT GUY like me you will be pleasantly surprised with this shirt.I am 6'2 and 285lbs.Typically i wear a 3xl shirt but almost every shirt i buy is always too short and a hair bit narrow and my BUTT CRACK hangs out which is somewhat distasteful and unappealing at best.You will not have this problem with the Carhartt shirt.I bought my regular size of a 3xl and its a monster!!! There is lots of room in the shirt.The shirt width is perfect for me and the material is very thick and strong.The shirt is super long(maybe too long) and there wont be any more problems with fat guy "butt crack" hanging out.You will be able to tuck this shirt in since its so long.

I really do not like my shirts this long since i do not like tucking my shirts in.I wear the shirt untucked and it feels almost like a DRESS!After sweating a while in the shirt,the shirt seems to become even looser fitting in where you feel like your wearing a womans "moo moo" instead of a t-shirt.The length of this shirt is the only complaint i have but its somewhat of an irrelevant complaint since i would rather have a longer shirt than to have my "rearend" hanging out all the time from shorter t-shirts.

Conclusion---This shirt is perfect for FAT guys that like to tuck in there shirts.If your a fat guy like me and do not like tucking in shirts,you will find this shirt to be a bit too long but you wont have any more "carpenter's cleavage" hanging out you backside.If you are able to try these shirts on at a local store before buying,please do so.You may find yourself ordering one size smaller than normal if you do not like tucking in your shirts.Dont bother trying to shrink this shirt in the wash cuz it wont happen.I am only giving a 4 star rating because of the length of the shirt being so long.

I hate deducting 1 full star since i do not like the long length of the shirt.I would really like to rate the shirt at a 4.5 stars.A deduction of the one star is just to warn perspective buyers of the monstrous size of this shirt and i recommend trying one of these shirts on before buying if you have a local store that sells them.Our local Meijers store has these shirts.Check out the Dickies pocket tees sold on Amazon or Wal-*art.They fit a lot better and they dont feel like a "Coleman Tent" covering you either.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sizing, January 11, 2012
my husband had previously worn the dickies and I was not impressed with them. They looked like he was wearing a mini dress, so the salesclerk at workwear had mentioned that the carhartt's were a better fit only a lot more expensive. I bought several of them and was quite pleased with the fit(although he normally wore an XL she said they ran big so I purchased the L)and the colors and shape held up extremely well. So when I found them on Amazon for a lot less(they had went up in the stores $4-5 each) I immediately purchased several for him. They came in and he took all the tags off before I could ask him to try them on. When he tried them on he noticed a few of them felt a little snugger than the others. So I looked at the tags to find they were all different. Although they do say L, 2 say relaxed fit, 1 says original fit, 1 says UPF 40+, and the other one says UPF 50+. I have not washed them yet as we now do not know which is which so I am waiting for him to try them on again so we can see if we can figure it out. Has anyone else had this problem? All the shirts say the same thing for description so I am a little confused as to why I have 4 out of 5 shirts that say L but are all different. It was also on a buy more save more but when I entered the code it just kept telling me the code was expired. The other code that was on the page said to enter the store name and a code but that wouldn't work either. It is still on the page so not sure why they would not work for me. Was it something I was doing wrong? Anybody have that problem? Wondering what to do as I am really liking ordering online from Amazon. At Christmas I was able to find a lot of the things I was looking for with much better pricing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Like Jerzees Shirts of 15 Years Ago, October 27, 2010
Contrary to what was said about these shirts being thin, I couldn't disagree more. Having bough Fruit of the Loom, Hanes, Jerzees and too many other brands I can confidently say that these surpass all of the above named by a mile. These shirts are made of heavy-weight cotton,and they are well made. Anyone who says these shirts are lightweight must have found a brand using canvass. I bought 4 of these shirts last week, hoping that they were similar to the older Jerzees, and they are every bit as good if not better. I will be buying many more very soon. If you want a thick all cotton shirt that is well made and very comfortable, Carhartt is the T-shirt to buy. ******July 4, 2011 Update: After having these shirts 9 months, my satisfaction hasn't waned a bit. To the contrary, I'm even more satisfied now, as I see that these shirts are going to last a long, long time. If you are even vaguely concerned about their quality, worry no more. As one who has worn cotton pocket T-shirts for more than 40 years, I can comfortably tell you that the quality of Carhart T-shirts is #1. I just ordered 4 more; something I'd not have done if I didn't really believe in them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what they used to be, February 12, 2013
I have been wearing this shirt for 10 years, the last couple of years the quality and sizing has been horrible. Some shirts are shorter than others, some shrink really bad, now the material thickness is thinner. I wish they would increase the price rather then drop the quality if they need to keep there profit margin the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great T-Shirt, November 15, 2008
Carhartt t-shirts are the best I have found, well made, thick, but not heavy, and long lasting.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality/Runs Big, December 17, 2010
I ordered a few of these shirts for my husband. I ordered a large based off his other pocket tees by other brands (Hanes, etc) but it was too big. There was a 3 inch difference in width and about the same in length. Once I exchanged them for a Medium we were both very happy with the quality!

1.0 out of 5 stars Look Elsewhere for a good T-Shirt, November 17, 2013
Rough, poor quality cotton.
Absurd sizing. A medium is like a maternity dress. HUGE.
Look elsewhere for a good T-shirt.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the same., May 5, 2011
If you're familiar with the USA Carhartt T's from about 5 years back, these are not the same. The material is thinner on the newer version, and they fit slightly bigger. The colors also fade faster, and these wear faster. Still a good shirt, but disappointing if you are familiar with the older version of these t-shirts.

Carhartt Men's  Workwear Pocket Short Sleeve T Shirt