5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Fabulocious!
Published on March 24, 2011 by K. Vancil

2.0 out of 5 stars A good book, but not exactly what I was looking for
The reciepes in this book was mouth watering, but it was not what I was looking for. It had to many reciepes for lamb, and the person I was giving it to is not a lover of lamb.
Published 22 months ago by L. Patricia Reed

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Fabulocious!, March 24, 2011
This review is from: Caribbean Food Made Easy (Hardcover)
This is a wonderful compilation of recipes from the entire Caribbean region. Each one is well structured, easy to follow and deliciously described. There are a wide variety of spices used which might seem intimidating at first, however they are easy to acquire and once you have them you will want to use them more and more. Almost every recipe has a beautiful and mouthwatering photo to accompany it, which only makes picking which recipe to make harder, as they all sound delicious. So far I have prepared approximately one third of the recipes and all of them have been great successes. Also, I have been able to adapt the techniques and flavors I learned from this book and apply them to other recipes and creations of my own.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lord-a-mercy! That's good eating!, August 28, 2010
Sun Ira (Wine Country, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Caribbean Food Made Easy (Hardcover)
I just got this book for my birthday. So far, I've made two dishes, and they've both been fabulous. The directions are clear and easy to follow, the prep and cooking times are pretty accurate, and our fridge is full of delicious food to re-heat and eat. I only gave if four stars because I can't say two dishes is a completely reliable sample size.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great food options, April 20, 2012
This review is from: Caribbean Food Made Easy (Hardcover)
i never really put too much thought into caribbean food despite going to several caribbean islands. This book changed my mind. the food looked so delicious, i just couldn't pass this one up. The book offers classics like jerk chicken but has many other dishes that i have never heard of. That is a big plus for me because i will try just about anything once so there aren't too many foods i am unfamiliar with. The book offers recipes with exotic ingrediants like ackee as well as healthy option for those of us watching our waistline.

4.0 out of 5 stars A volume as colorful and delightful as Caribbean food itself, March 15, 2013
This review is from: Caribbean Food Made Easy (Hardcover)
I've enjoyed Levi Roots BBC show on Caribbean food, which is what compelled me to seek out this book. "Caribbean Food Made Easy" has the same wonderful color, spirit and style as that show, filled with authentic recipes and Levi's very personal touch. The photography is enough to make you salivate and every recipe I've tried so far has turned out excellent. I really look forward to continuing to explore this cookbook in the coming months, as the food really reminds me of the flavors and tastes I've enjoyed in the Caribbean islands myself.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love!, March 1, 2013
This review is from: Caribbean Food Made Easy (Hardcover)
I absolutely love the new flavors I have discovered!
And the book has wonderful color photos of more than just the food, that really gives it a personal touch.

2.0 out of 5 stars A good book, but not exactly what I was looking for, January 11, 2013

Caribbean Food Made Easy
Caribbean Food Made Easy by Levi Roots (Hardcover - August 3, 2010)
Used & New from: $1.00