5.0 out of 5 stars Best value in a quality field binocular, December 27, 2005
I am a demanding user of binoculars. I want both optical perfection and the ruggedness to survive accidents sustained in the field, but without spending a fortune. I owned several decent binoculars, but they all fell victim to being dropped and knocked out of alignment. Even after being serviced, I would get headaches after looking through them for any length of time. Then I decided to get the Fujinon "Air drop" binoculars. I never broke them, but the optical performance was terrible. They are a porro prism design, but the spherical aberration and distorted focus in them was worse than many cheap roof prism binocs! I looked through the Steiner Safari 8X30's, and while the optics were flat and sharp across the field, they were not multicoated and had internal reflections that degraded contrast.

I did some research, and then bought the Zeiss Conquest 8X30's sight unseen from an Internet retailer based on the brand reputation and reviews I had read. I have owned them for over 6 months, and I am very pleased with them. They have been accidentally knocked off the kitchen table more than once without any effect on the optics. The view is very sharp, flat and contrasty. When you look close to the outer edges of the field of view it gets a little soft, but it is not very noticeable and is still excellent performance for a roof prism binocular in this price range. They are compact enough that I can comfortably take them with me anywhere, and are easy to hold without getting tired. Even though the objectives are only 30mm, the low light performance is good and I have enjoyed casual stargazing with them. They have been well worth the money for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy!, March 8, 2009
Roger Tory (Schenevus, NY United States) - See all my reviews
We've owned a pair of Zeiss 7x42 binoculars for about 20 years. My wife wanted a lighter weight pair of glasses for birding. I looked for compact or semi-compact binoculars with sharp contrast, lower magnification and a good field of vision.

I researched various brands and types but found most had either too a small field of vision, too high magnification or both. I decided on the Zeiss 8x30 Conquest binoculars as the best of all worlds. We couldn't be happier. Top notch quality, excellent contrast, excellent light-gathering, good magnification and easy to use. We highly recommend them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Zeiss Hunting Conquest Binoculars Power 8x30, February 13, 2009
I bought them for my wife to use birding and she is very satisfied with them. She looked at Nikon 8 x 42 Monarch first and decided the image with the Zeiss is brighter, sharper, and just likes them better. She was concerned about "light gathering ability" and the Zeiss were far superior to the Monarchs. Hopefully she does not have to test the waterproof feature.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Binocular. Super for concerts, August 7, 2014
This review is from: Carl Zeiss Conquest Binocular (8x30) (Sports)
Great Binocular. Super for concerts. Only issue is the carring case. Not much there to work with. Optics are both sharp and clear. This is not a cheap pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent convenient sized binocs, April 16, 2012
This review is from: Carl Zeiss Conquest Binocular (8x30) (Sports)
Bought these to go with my Zeiss 10x50 binocs which I have enjoyed for 11 years. These are considerably smaller and lighter, therefore more portable for carrying all day around your neck. The optical quality and craftsmanship are terrific and well worth the price differential over popular high volume sellers. The reduced magnification and field of view are minor issues for many applications such as watching golf when you are rarely more than a 2-4 hundred yards from the object.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sent back, as I did not see a drastic ..., July 6, 2014
F. Bachman "fbach" (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Carl Zeiss Conquest Binocular (8x30) (Sports)
Sent back, as I did not see a drastic difference between this binoc and the Vanguard Endeavor 8420 ED. Eye relief adjustments on this model are INADEQUATE. Go with the Vanguard, for the money it is comparable to those costing much more.

4.0 out of 5 stars since I also like to look at the deer and other animals perhaps ..., July 25, 2014
This review is from: Carl Zeiss Conquest Binocular (8x30) (Sports)
The binoculars are superb, I got them for birding, however, since I also like to look at the deer and other animals perhaps I should have gotten hunting binoculars instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, December 25, 2012
really nice thank you

very very good

i used it and it is very nice

my shipment arrive in 15 days

Carl Zeiss Conquest Binocular (8x30)
$899.99 $599.99