Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease Collection - Carmen's Fitness Collection
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Showing 1-10 of 54 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on May 12, 2005
The title of this DVD makes it sound like it's something really advanced (and aerobic). But actually the first two DVDs in Carmen's set are much more physically challenging than this one. This DVD is kind of a cheesy joke. It consists of two 10 minute strip routines which require dressing up. The first one is a "sexy librarian." To do the routine as Carmen demonstrates you need some glasses and a scarf. The next routine is wearing men's clothing--a big button shirt, a tie, and a really stupid hat. Taking these items off is an integral part of the routine, although there is no actual nudity involved.

The routines are too slow and short to actually count as aerobic. So this DVD is useful for one thing...learning some strip routines to act out for your significant other. Although I think I could make some up that wouldn't seem as embarassingly silly as parts of this DVD.

I was looking for a fun dance routine that would get my heart pumping but this is definately not it!
22 comments|125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2005
I'm wishing I knew someone that I could've borrowed this from before making the investment. I'm someone who works-out almost everyday, likes to dance, & likes variety; so, I thought I'd give ol'-Carmen a try. Disc 1 was pretty basic moves and over pretty quick (not very cardio friendly). If one was a beginner (in working out as well as not too smooth with dance moves) this would be good. It's slow paced and she REALLY breaks it all down. Disc 2 is probably the only redeeming disc in this set. She's not actually working you but her trainer is..... He's got a nice paced - smooth flowing workout. I like the fact that you can do whole body and then they also break into sections after that: lower, abs, and upper. Disc 3 & 4 are another whopping 60 second dance routines. I did like the "Hip Hop" because it was actual cardio,...get the moves down, and then just hit "repeat" and do the routine a couple of times to get the heart pumping. Overall: If you want to "work-out" just get Disc 2 - "Fit to Strip". If you want to learn how to dance, and don't mind Carmen pausing a lot to think about what she's going to do next, by all means, get the whole set.
on November 24, 2005
It just goes to show that if you have a ton of $$$ behind you, you can be at the top. However this Carmen Electra workout is really disappointing. There are others out there that have better products. Trust me, I've tried them all. I really appreciate the idea of exotic dance moves being incorporated in to some sort of workout. If it's a workout! Carmen's workout is a bit too easy and doesn't really flow very well. There are a few others, two in particular that I really think capture the mindset of exotic dancers and what all these other stripper style videos are trying to get across and that is to feel confident and to feel sexy. The two instructional series that I really like are Sheila Kelly's S Factor book, she also has classes that she teaches in LA (although not yet a DVD that I know of, the book is great and available on Amazon). And the DVD that I also like is called Stripilates , also on Amazon, which combines exotic dance moves with a Pilates routine. WHat I like about these two is that it takes the exercise seriously while making it different and a fun way to get in shape and feel sexy at the same time. Both offer something unique and different while keeping the mindset of the exotic dance tasteful and not trashy.
on July 30, 2006
I recently bought this DVD and I would have to say that I should have listened to all the other reviews when I bought it. This DVD is VERY short. It's not very aroebic, and it's almost the same dance as the "lap dance" video on disc #5. The only difference really is it shows you how to take your clothes off while you're doing it, which I think most people could figure out anyway.

So my advice is not to buy this DVD unless you get the entire set. There is no point, and you can learn almost the same dance in disc 5. You also barely get any exercise. They really messed up by calling this one "advanced".
on November 29, 2005
I was just reading the last review of this DVD set by Lucy, how right you are. I was very angry that I spent over $50 on this boxset when it came out. This whole series should be edited down to 1 45 min workout DVD. How far can Carmen Electra and her people go to extract money from this concept? I have a few other Stripper style workouts and this set is at the bottom of my list. I like Stripilates too which is probably the best in terms of an actual workout and it's not cheesy which you have to worry about with these types of fitness routines. Sheila Kelly also has a good workout but a lot of it deals with a pole which I don't have and the DVDs are expensive at almost $40 for one DVD. However a friend of mine loves the classes in LA that she has. Amazon doesn't carry the Sheila Kelly videos however but you can get her book on Amazon. And if you get Stripilates, get it on their website. [...] . As it only took three days for me to get it there as opposed to Amazon that states 4 to 6 weeks. My best advice, pay attention to the reviews on here most of them are quite accurate.
on January 23, 2006
I was expecting more of an aerobic work out from this video. I found that the camera focussed on Carmen's face when it should have been focussing on her body. I couldn't tell which way her body was moving so for the most part I was completely lost when it came time to putting the moves together. There's a lot more talking than workout time. The video started out fun however it became frustrating when I couldn't tell which way her body was moving and all I saw was her head bobbing up and down to the music. I was disappointed.
on September 24, 2004
OK so I was super excited to buy these dvds considering I was in Hip hop, jazz, and musical theatre all through high school and a few years after, not to mention that I recently became a part time stripper last year I thought this work out would be perfect for me. However I found it to be extreemly frusterating. The camera angles were driving me crazy 1/3 of the time (if not more) they were close ups of her face while she was running through the routine, and the camera angles changed so frequently from the front, to the side, to in the mirror view that you couldnt follow to easily. I picked it up in a second having previous dance skills but my roomate was going nuts. There are a few other times when carmen says one thing and does another, like while giving instructions she say "jump up on one, hold 2-3" just like any other 8 count dance however while doing the routine the first run though she actually jumps up on the 2 count, then in the final run through with the music its back to the 1 count. There were numerous occasions like this, as well as numerous close ups of her butt, come on now... women who are exercising to this want to see a full front view to copy what she is doing not a close up of her best assetts. I found the routines to be extreemly simple, infact so simple I was bored and I literally said out loud "that's it" when the first dvd was over and it pretty much repeated after all the other ones as well. All and all its fun and you do break a sweat but its not what I was looking for especially for the price.
on February 8, 2005
This video was not what I had expected...I was hoping to learn some great Striptease dances...the dances that Carmen Electra demostrates are just choreographed dances that you see cheerleaders perform...they are sexy dances, but are not really for stripping..I was disappointed in the content of this video..
on February 6, 2005
This DVD is great for beginers. If you have any experience in dance (ballet, jazz, hip hop), you will find this DVD to be a joke. The routines are really easy, and they are repeated several times. If you've never done anything like this, get it, if you've danced, skip to Dvd #2
VINE VOICEon January 8, 2007
I received this DVD as a gag gift for Christmas one year. I recently became bored with my normal workout DVD's and decided to give it a go.
I think Carmen was stretching things a bit when she named this DVD AEROBIC Striptease.

There are two short 'routines'. In the first one you dress like a librarian. Carmen has on stilettos, business suit, scarf, glasses and her hair is up. She takes you through a small dance where you lose the glasses, scarf and the hair comes down. It was a little too brief for me and a little dull.

The second one was a lap dance. This one was a little more fun. The idea is to be dressed in your lovers dress shirt, tie and hat along with your stilettos. The routine takes you through a small lap dance involving a chair. Your supposed to do everything like someone is sitting there. You do a little dance in front of the chair, and remove the tie. A little bump and grind on the lap of your imaginary partner and you remove the shirt.

I have to admit I got a kick out of working out in the stilettos. It was a little fun. As far as a work out, I did both routines and barely elevated my heart beat.

Rating the sexiness of these routines on a scale of 1-10, I would say the librarian gig would rate a 4 and the lap dance, maybe a 6. The stripper routines are 'cute' and a little sexy. You'll have to add a little more spice if you're looking to heat things up at home.

The music in the DVD was better than I thought it would be, but still not that great. It had an OK beat, but that's all it had going for it. I've heard many songs that sound to me like stripper music. This one song in the DVD, did not.

If you're looking to lose weight, this is not the DVD for you.
It's better than not doing any work out at all, and if you repeat the routines later that evening for a one-man audience, then I guess you'll burn a few more calories. ;)
1212 comments|6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse