Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on April 28, 2008
I first saw this product mentioned in Men's Health as a recommended breakfast supplement. It tastes pretty good (not too sweet or bitter) and is quite filling. Very healthy, especially if you use skim milk. This product uses Splenda as a sweetener and my doctor says there are no concerns about Splenda the way there are with Aspartame. This has a nice level of protein and extremely low fat - but not over the top protein like body builders like to supplement, and there's no need for blenders etc. - just spoon stir. I drink some almost every morning and it helps curb my apettite. You can prepare and drink in about one minute. The only issue is it is hard to find in local stores - but you get a better deal on line anyway if you order by the case...
on March 23, 2008
We recently switched from the original formula to this no sugar added formula. It tastes great, has plenty of fiber and protein to stave off hunger for a few hours and is convenient to mix up. Tastes as good as the original to me, and I usually don't enjoy sugar-substitutes. One scoop of this with a cup or so of Soy Milk and I am good to go for the morning.
on February 3, 2013
I use this because diabetics are suppose to keep the carbs low and the protein higher. Between the skim milk, this and the protein powder, I can make a shake for breakfast or just a drink with milk, no protein powder, and have what the doctor ordered.
on April 14, 2008
I've been using this product for years. It's chocked full o' vitamins and minerals, tastes great, and is easy to prepare. Makes a great "enhancer" for unflavored whey protein too.
on December 5, 2010
Our pediatrician recommended Pediasure for our 2 year old son since he was underweight. He'll go days with hardly eating a thing and doesn't seem to mind. It's very stressful trying to make sure he has a healthy diet. I refuse to go the junk food route just to get food in him. But he needed 1-2 Pediasures a day, and they are prohibitively expensive, about ten bucks for a 6 pack. That's over 100 bucks a month. I tried a couple of substitutes, like Gerber smart drink and Ensure for kids. But he didn't like them as much, and eventually refused to drink them anymore. Ovaltine was an affordable alternative, but it doesn't have nearly as much nutritional value and it has a lot of sugar. In fact, sugar is the first ingredient in lot of these substitutes. I had to keep going back to the outrageously expensive Peidasure and was at my wits end.

I've had the original Carntion Breakfast drink and I loved it many years ago. Totally didn't think of it for this scenario since it's an "adult" drink, but then I happened upon it by accident. Still had a lot of sugar though, so I was super excited to find the No Sugar Added formula. Especially happy that it has sucrose and not aspartame since it's for a toddler.

Best part is, my son LOVES it and drinks it without a fuss. This, along with vegetable/fruit smoothies and whole grain cereal helps me feel like he's getting a good diet. He's at a healthy weight and I'm a happy mommy!
on May 4, 2010
I decided about six months ago, that I needed to lose weight. Among other things in my endeavor was to sign up with a weight loss group. At one of the first meetings, we were introduced to food labels. The thing I found interesting was there was a can of Carnation Instant Breakfast there. I didn't think that would be good nutrutionally, but they said sure. So, I decided to try it. My breakfasts are not limited solely to this, but it's just one of a variety of breakfast choices.

I couldn't find the cans of no sugar added at the grocery store, so when I saw it at Amazon, I decided to order. Of course, I was disappointed to see a five week wait, but ordered anyhow. As it turns out, the five week wait turned out to be only about two weeks, so no big deal.

I always enjoyed the taste of the yellow packaged breakfast, and was worried the no sugar added may not have the taste, but it does. It really does taste good. I also add about 10 - 15 g of flax seed meal, and it makes a great breakfast. I'll continue to buy and use it.
on February 5, 2014
This tasted great and kept my hunger at bay for a few hours.

Downside for me: bloating, gas and weight gain. I had to stop drinking Carnation for breakfast. When I did, tummy problems subsided and weight normalized again.

Note: I have tried this product a few times over the course of years to see if the results would be the same. They were.
However, someone who is active daily shouldn't have a problem with weight gain.
on March 26, 2011
I drink sugar free instant breakfast every morning as part of a protien fortified breakfast drink. Finding the sugar-free product is almost impossible in the local markets. I buy it regularly from Amazon and get a good price as well as speedy delivery. What a godsend!
on November 16, 2011
Carnation Instant Breakfast Essentials Drink Mix, Rich Milk Chocolate, No Sugar Added, is the BOMB. I like this stuff so much that I buy it off Amazon.com because my grocery store never has it (they only stock the version with sugar added in the yellow canister). It's my breakfast every day.
on February 21, 2011
I have always loved no sugar added instant breakfast. It has less sugar, calories, and carbs than the original or slim fasts equilivent and tastes just as good. I blend mine in a blender with soy milk, banana, ice, and scoop of spiritein protein for a nutritious, healthy meal. It tastes great mixed with milk as well.