5.0 out of 5 stars Tremendously Fun
Carnival Games is the type of game that everyone should have for their Wii. It's great for solo play, or multi-player fun, and never becomes boring, with more than 25 games to choose from. It's extremely easy to "pick up and play" for all ages, and it's good clean fun. The game really represents a carnival in every way possible, starting with the perfectly accurate games...
Published on August 31, 2007 by Joey's Girl

3.0 out of 5 stars Good as a diversion
Carnival Games is one of the first titles my wife and I purchased for our Wii (based upon the recommendation of one of my wife's friends). The games use the Wiimote exclusively and make pretty good use of its motion-sensitive functionality.

The games are all the kind you'd expect to find being run by Carnies at a State Fair's midway...the kind you know are...
Published on September 12, 2008 by H. Cummings

‹ Previous | 1 2 344 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I played Wii Carnival over 9 hours straight after I got it., September 1, 2007
A. Lee (Oakland, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Carnival Games - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
I ordered Wii Carnival for myself (29 yr old female) off of Amazon because of the free shipping and no tax. I could not wait for this game to arrive and to my sweet surprise, it came earlier than expected!! I tore open the packaging and started off with Alley Ball aka Skee Ball as some of us know it. Cute graphics, succinct coordination between the eye, the hand and the TV screen. I invited my friend over and we played for over 9 hours straight! My only concern is that if I have more than 7 people's profiles created, the game will not allow me to add any additional players. That may mean people will have to use others' characters or some will have to be erased...we'll see. I advise anyone with a Wii to get this ASAP, it's a great addition to your Wii system!!

I also bought Brunswick Pro Bowl but was highly dissatisfied. Save your money and spend it on Carnival...you won't be dissapointed!

Pros:
-Games work very well, seamlessly with the Wii remote.
-A huge variety of games from ring toss to dunk tank to darts
-Games are not too easy yet not impossible to beat
-The desire to unlock the 'super games' keep players wanting more
-At first I thought it would be cheesy, but there's great use of prizes system and ticket system, i.e. you can buy items with the tickets you earn
-Multi-player mode is fun competition!

Cons:
-Can't use your already created mii--must choose from set number of characteristics (hair, face, top, pants)
-Cannot earn tickets in multi-player mode or in the super unlockable games.
-I wish there were even more games but that may just be me being selfish!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game. Must Buy!!!!, August 28, 2007
This review is from: Carnival Games - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
this is a great game for people who want to play with their friends and do not want to spend all day reading the manual, trying to figure out how to play.

It has a very quick learning curve and is a great way to socialize with the family.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of fun especially with more people, August 31, 2007
NegativeX (Brooklyn, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Carnival Games - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
This game was released on 8/28 and not a lot of people know about it. It is really becoming a surprise hit. I myself find this game to be more fun than Warioware, Wiiplay and Mario Party 8. Now on to the game.
There are a total of 20 games that you can play and a few more that you can unlock. You can also customize your appearance by winning prizes in the games that you play. There are ALOT of unlockables so it will take you a while to actually beat the whole game.
While the single player is fun, it is a lot better when you have 2, 3 or even 4 players playing alongside you. Lots of laughing going on for the whole family. At first it may seem like a game for kids, but I myself am 22 years old and find the game to be a lot of fun.
Go pick up a copy, you won't regret it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Carnival Games, September 16, 2007
Tina "puckboy6" (West Palm Beach, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Carnival Games - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
We bought this for our daughters, 4 and 7. This is a good game for the younger set as you can play about 30 different games, most of which don't require more than a movement of the wiimote or the use of one button. It's a great game for them to practice hand eye coordination and there's enough variety that it keeps them occupied. They love the carnival sounds and the heckling from the carnies. I have to say the test your strength tires me out though and that's the only one the little ones would have trouble doing. Great game.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wow, what a disappointment!, December 28, 2009
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Carnival Games - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
We received a few new games for the Wii this Christmas, and while some were great, this was the biggest disappointment to all of us. Users in our household are ages 7, 10, 13, 15, and two parents. It is a rare day when we all agree, but we did- no one liked this game. The visuals were gaudy and ugly and the games were either too easy or difficult to the point that no one wanted to keep trying. We expected fun games that all could play. Instead we got a game that will be quickly traded in for something worthwhile. I wish it could get 0 stars, because that's what I would rate it!

5.0 out of 5 stars This game is a keeper!, September 3, 2007
This review is from: Carnival Games - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
This is one game, I won't be "trading up" for!

No problems with the game here! No "crashing" issues, or problems with a "bug". I have played all the games at least once or twice, and I'm VERY pleased with this game! On to the review..

Graphics are typical of Wii games, like Wii Play and Sports. Basic Mii inspired characters you can build to play with. You can choose single or multi player mode, up to four players. Your storyline is true to a day at the Carnival, with the exception of spending your life savings to win a teddy bear. This is one of the more affordable Wii titles, at a low $39.99!

There are over 25 popular carnival games from dunk tank, pigskin pass, to baloon darts, collecting tickets and small, medium, and large prizes, based on how well you do, that you can trade up for larger prizes. Use your tickets to play games such as a love meter, fortune teller, or skill crane machine. And all the games are true to the actual games you would play at the fair. Sometimes the skill crane drops your toy, just like in reality. Games are organized into five different alleys. Fortune Way, Love Lane, Rodent Row, Claw Alley, and Lucky Pass. You also play to unlock over 5 more games.

The games certainly aren't easy. They are VERY true to carnival games, which as you know aren't easy. Who would want a game that you can master in less than an hour? That would be boring, and certainly a waste of money. A true carnival game fan will appreciate the likeness, and difficulty of the games. Large prizes are difficult to get.

Play time depends on how much time you WANT to spend. From 5 minutes to a couple hours. So many games to play that there are enough games to play through for an entire hour, and not play the same game twice, although, I guarantee you will! Much like a real carnival, you get sucked into playing.. JUST ONE MORE TIME. You believe you have gotten the hang of it, or you get sooo close, you know you can get it! Sounds are typical of a carnival, chatter, game sounds, and direction from the carnies. Even heckling coming from the dunk tank and the carnies.

You get to use the Wii mote in a variety of ways, not just aiming and clicking. From shaking, shooting, overhead tossing, darting, and more! Definately a game that takes some skill! Fun for all ages, for a single player, or a couple.

I am VERY pleased with Carnival. I have been looking forward to this game for a couple months. And I think that Global Star, and Nintendo delivered a great game!! Anyone who loves to spend time at the Boardwalk, or a day at the fair, would LOVE this game!

1.0 out of 5 stars not as great as previous reviews, December 31, 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Carnival Games - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
I was very excited to get this game as I have 2 kids who love to play games on our new Wii. The reviews made it too hard to pass up for the price, but I have been very dissappointed. First, its extremely hard to find any games unless you have the booklet on hand to find out which heading each game is found under. The games are not listed anywhere on the game that I can find, so you have to refer back to the booklet each time you want to change games. The directions for each game are a joke. We spent most of the first hour figuring out where to locate each game and how to play the game, then once we figured it out, the games werent really fun, even for my 6 yr old.

We opened this up, popped it in, messed around for about an hour or so and put it away unhappy and have not played with it anymore.

Others seem to have liked this game according to the reviews, but my family has not gotten any enjoyment out of it at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Carnival Games Wii Game, February 13, 2008
This review is from: Carnival Games - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
The game is fun. Although some of the characters are a little smart out the mouth, it has a lot of fun games just like the ones at the real carnivals. I would recommend it for great family fun. At least my family and I really enjoy playing it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun game for kids., February 29, 2008
This review is from: Carnival Games - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
My kids 5 and 7 at the time of purchase have enjoyed this game. It is not too hard to play and they are familiar with the style of the games from the fair. They enjoy being able to use the Wii remote to do the actions.

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better than expected! A LOT OF FUN!, October 10, 2007
donny "don130" (Maryland United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Carnival Games - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
I was hesitant to buy this game, even after all of the positive reviews, but I did and I am glad. This game is so much fun. The games remind me of going to the boardwalk every summer and playing skee ball, and the frog jump, and the water balloon race. I haven't tried all the games yet, but the ones I have are great. Skee ball is just like the real thing!

Is this a game like Halo? No, but it doesn't have to be. It is a great game for having fun and relaxing by yourself or with some friends.

‹ Previous | 1 2 344 | Next ›

Carnival Games - Nintendo Wii
Carnival Games - Nintendo Wii by Take 2 (Nintendo Wii)
$30.37