4.0 out of 5 stars Carnival of Sins!
Published on December 1, 2007 by Gitters

3.0 out of 5 stars CENSORED!
Published on October 27, 2007 by KB

3.0 out of 5 stars CENSORED!, October 27, 2007
KB (Woodbridge, VA. United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Carnival of Sins: Live 1 & 2 (Audio CD)
All Motley Crue fans, beware...this live album is censored. A couple years ago, shortly after the Carnival of Sins tour ended, Motley Crue released this same exact album exclusively through Wal-Mart. I bought it knowing the Wal-Mart version would be censored because it was Motley Crue, it was a great show and the setlist was top-notch. Then I saw the Crue was releasing the concert again, only this time it was going to be through major retail stores like Amazon, Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. I figured, great! I'll get the uncensored version as well, right? Wrong. Sure the packaging didn't have a parental advisory sticker on it...but I figured if anyone is buying a live Crue album you should expect to hear all the F***'s and S***'s. I put in my stereo and low and behold it was the same album I bought a couple years prior from Wal-Mart.

If you're a Motley Crue fan, you want to hear how they REALLY are live without the censor police ruining an album. If the record industry wants to make 2 seperate versions of a CD, an explicit and a clean, fine. But album buyers should have the choice.

I rated this album 3 stars. It is a great concert, a great setlist and the band sounds very tight. You get a perfect balance of all 4 men and their instruments (the drums sound amazing!) This would have easily been a 5 star album, had it not been censored. If you're a Crue fan and you know what they're like live (and you didn't already buy the Wal-Mart copy) I'd pick it up. If you're a new fan that wants to hear how Motley Crue sounds live, I'd probably still pick it up since they sound great...just beware that this record does not represent a real Motley concert.

4.0 out of 5 stars Carnival of Sins!, December 1, 2007
Gitters (Allendale, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Carnival of Sins: Live 1 & 2 (Audio CD)
The two volumes of Motley Crue's Carnival of Sins cds have been rereleased as a double cd set instead of two separate discs. The music itself is awesome! I attended two concerts during the Carnival of Sins tour. The cd itself captures as much of the excitment as you can on a cd. However this is censored just like the previous edition. If that bothers you, go with the import version.

4.0 out of 5 stars crue returns live., November 2, 2010
Michael Dobey (colorado springs) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Carnival of Sins: Live 1 & 2 (Audio CD)
This isn't as good as their other live cd because as others have pointed out this is censored. However the songs are played to perfection. This is a raw crue concert and it sounds it too. Though they the backing vocals needed to be brought forth more in the mix. Because I saw this tour and you can hear them sing the background vocals LIVE.
the setlist is filled with rock classics ,not just crue classics, because some of these songs are truly great metal hard rock songs that are among the best of their genre ever. I would say that the other live crue cd is more enjoyable because it's smoother but this one is worth grabbing and it is the same as the walmart version as a reviewer noted. This type of metal will remain long after the thrash is in the dustbin, because melody and tight palying is better than the limited stuff that some bands make. Live these guys blow it away still. ALthough the incredible shows they put on back in the 80's are still dazzling in my memory too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great live album!, April 27, 2008
This review is from: Carnival of Sins: Live 1 & 2 (Audio CD)
Awesome live album, The Crue live better than ever!!!!! Can't wait for the next album!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pay Attention!, January 12, 2008
This review is from: Carnival of Sins: Live 1 & 2 (Audio CD)
I commit no sin by saying I am #1 Crue fan in Mexico. My devotion for this band is beyond words but...
When I attended two of this tour's shows (one in Mexico City, the other in Laredo, TX) I was already thinking about the DVD and Live Album. When both products came out, it took me minutes to have 'em on my filthy hands. I spent many days filling my ears with the exquisite material but after a while, something started to sound a little too familiar. A soft noise, something on the back. Primal Scream was the test track, I played it 5 or 6 times before I realized that there was a guy whistling many times,...it wasn't the number of ocassions that I disliked, but the identical way in which he performed it every time...It was a loop!!!! a recorded whistle over and over again. To my dissapointment the engineers did it in almost every song!!!!! The terrible, ear molesting, brain torturing whistle is everywhere!!!!! Since then I've tried not to pay more attention because I am sure that many more copy-pasted noises, screams, whistles and litter are staining this masters work.
The song selection is flawless, the desing, and general work is awesome! But those noises are a sign of something I don't even want to write about.
Long Live the Crue!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great live cd, April 22, 2013
A. Ochoa "BLOOD" (Caracas, Venezuela) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Carnival of Sins: Live 1 & 2 (Audio CD)
This is the audio from carnival of sins blu-ray concert, this cd contain the entire show in a two CDs, great audio, great concert

4.0 out of 5 stars Motley Crue - Live album, September 1, 2008
This review is from: Carnival of Sins: Live 1 & 2 (Audio CD)
This album is good but I like the older live album better. Some of the songs on this one are already on the other live album. Probably just another way for them to make money.

They throw in some older songs that you won't find on other recordings and a couple of new ones from Red, White and Crue.

Carnival of Sins: Live 1 & 2
Carnival of Sins: Live 1 & 2 by Motley Crue (Audio CD - 2007)
Rate and Discover Movies