5.0 out of 5 stars Carolina!, January 23, 2007
This review is from: Carolina (Audio CD)
It is truly a unique experience when you simply discover by chance a new artist or album that immediately hits you were you live and instantly fall in love with. Well for me Seu Jorge's debut solo album Carolina was just such an experience. I discovered it by chance simply browsing through the Brazilian CD section in Tower Records in NYC. At first the album's cover art (great) drew me in -- Seu Jorge holding a Siamese cat in a very interesting way! Luckily one could audition this featured display CD with nearby headphones and I gave it a listen. Wow. As the opening guitar and bass notes on the 1st track (Carolina) came on, I was hooked almost instantly on Seu Jorge's deep, sauve, expressive voice. This well produced album has groovy modern yet classically Brazilian melodies, rythyms, and arangements. As I skipped forward to the next track I heard, then the next, I liked each new cut I heard. I kept looking for a "bad" song but no, almost every new track I played sounded good to me which as you know is bloody rare. There are a half a dozen superb songs here. There may be a few cuts on "Carolina" I don't like as much as others but basically the entire album is great! This album quickly became one of my favorite recordings in my entire collection, as well it might become yours. My favorite tracks are: Carolina, Chega No Suinge, Mada, Manguiera, Te Queiria. Seu Jorge is a a fantastic new artist on the Brazilian scene who you owe it to yourself to discover.POSTSCRIPT: I had the chance to see Seu Jorge perform LIVE at a free outdoor concert in NYC's Central Park (Summer '06). Super cool Jorge was simply fantastic and rocked the house. He had a few thousand people on their feet dancing for about 2 hours. Great show!

5.0 out of 5 stars Seu Jorge need I say more., December 10, 2012
This review is from: Carolina [Vinyl] (Vinyl)
Album is great for anyone into portugese music. Seu Jorge is a pioneer of his time and enjoy all of his music.

Carolina