Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 27, 2010 1:09:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2010 1:13:13 AM PST
daj says:
Caroline Myss received her PhD from an unaccredited institution (Greenwich University) which was shut down by the State of Hawaii for being a degree mill. She created a department at this fake University to grant herself a degree in Energy Medicine to lend credibility to her writings and to fool her readers into beliving she has "credentials". Caroline Myss has no real qualifications to justify the use of "PhD" in her name. If anything she seems more like a fraudulent con-artist.

Posted on Nov 27, 2010 8:44:47 PM PST
Kyra says:
Amen. Her publishers don't even let her put the PhD on her books anymore.

Posted on Apr 10, 2011 12:48:24 PM PDT
Marc says:
I have also wondered, why there arent more doctors who are making use of her "talents" besides this Dr. Shealy, a supposedly reknowned surgeon who saw her diognose patients correctly in what he described as making her out to be miraculous. Why isnt Oprah giving her her own television show, the AMA, DOING ALL KINDS OF testing on her abilities and more!? I ordered the CD set on healing, that the both of them did together and I sent it back as I spent over 40 hours listening to it over and over,did the exercises, and while it was interesting, in the end it did nothing to help me help eliminate my back pain or even to make me more cheerful. I do admire some of her work but to be honest, there are times her hardcore "marine corp. bootcamp" lecturing tone of voice makes one feel depressed. I think though, that the mere fact we are buying her stuff in which she is touting everything from Energy medicine to Teresa of Avila, shows us how hungry we as a nation are for change, for truth and for some genuine spirituality that religions of all kinds are not giving us. This spiritual longing we have in this country is epidemic! I as a brain entrainment coach, cannot even believe how many depressed people who are walking around, and they are stuck in a world full of people who either tell them to go to church and find God, or tell them tom party and have a drink. We as a nation are in big, big trouble. Does anyone agree with me that Carolyn is just one tiny factor of many. I am also0 concerned that everyone is jumping on the spiritual bandwagon and trying to tell us there are "Secrets." Id love it if someone starts a yahoo group on this problem. Please feel free to contact me.

Posted on Apr 16, 2011 12:59:18 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 16, 2012 2:44:23 PM PDT]

Posted on Apr 17, 2011 6:11:38 PM PDT
Marc says:
Madame X,

You make a great point. What is going to be very interesting is what price the human race will pay 10-20 years down the road for burying their head in the sand. Personally, I wish the we Christians would all agree on a time limit to give Jesus for his resurrection before admitting we were duped. And I wish that all the channellers and psychics out there would submit to a lie detector test before ever being allowed to sell their products or put on a show- ahhh heemm, excuse me, I mean seminar. Seminars fetch $80 or more per ticket, shows only half that much.

Its not that I dont believe there are real psychics and people with amazing spiritual knowledge, but for God's sake where the heck are they. "Truth is known in an instant." should be our new motto. Why? Because truth can be felt. Meanwhile the show goes on :people getting rich from supposedly showing us the truth, and others who get rich by supposedly uncovering the hoax. Has anyone read any books that they felt were absolute gospel. I love all the books by David Hawkins, who claims truth can be calibrated by kinesiology...and his books are amazing...but what happened to all the people who read his books....if they were true. I love what Deepak and Dyer say as well, but where are the people that take someones truth and raise the bar with it? And.....why is no one talking about the possiblitilty that just like we cant find the beginning of time or when the universe began, why cant we prove with any authenticity besides a persons own individual (often unwitnessed) experiences that God even gives a damn about us considering that the amount of people who are suffering and dying each day grows simply because the population is increasing. I want so much to believe God is a loving God, but Id settle now just to KNOW, not believe but know...that God simply exists.

I used to pray reincarnation was true. But thinking about it now, do we really want to come back over and over again thousands of lifetimes when 80% of the world lives horrible lives? Maybe the mystery schools hold the key. Anyone attend an authentic Egyptian or eclectic mystery school and felt themselves change? And what about all the stuff Edgar Cayce,wrote. Amazingly after being dead over 50 years, I cant find anyone to either disprove orm prove his claims about diet, akashic records, angles or anything!!! Yet it's a business.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2011 11:14:05 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 16, 2012 2:44:03 PM PDT]

Posted on Apr 21, 2011 6:05:17 PM PDT
Marc says:
I think I am getting inspired to form a group and possibly do some speaking on this topic. It is the most neglected topic on the net and also in peoples lives:CONFUSION ABOUT GOD. Personally I found a lot of solace and calm by doing my bi-naural beat meditation. I make a living teaching it, in fact. I must say though, that my opinion is we are all thinking too small. We are all thinking about God in the reflection of one lifetime, usually our lifetime. I think this is the microscopic way we all see things-"I prayed, and God did nothing." Or....I FELT God was by my side. Neither concludes anything. I will speculate that since our "Higher power", regardless of what you name him or her does exist somewhere, we might start by asking ourselves many new things. Perhaps a good place to start would be: If there are definite laws of science, did God create them, or is he bound by them as well!!!?

That leads to another question.....if there is a God, why did he create us in the first place? There can be only 2 answers: 1-He did it accidentally. 2-God needs us as much as we need him/her. Which is it. This might be a good place to start and anyone wishing to have me run or participate in a blog or message board on this topic, please email me at my yahoo email which is: mince38

Marc

Posted on Jan 25, 2012 12:22:45 AM PST
Cecilia says:
I think that creation runs on rules. Rules that are discovered by science gradually. I also think that those rules function on some specific levels, in other levels of reality there are other ones, we cannot experience. In other to beat some rules we need machines ( the plane beat the gravity ) or in order to access those levels we need techniques, for example with the microscope we access the micro level. But what humanity discovered is almost nothing in to this infinitude of levels of reality/of creation. Because there are the inner levels as well, and here we try hard with psychology, meditation, religions of all sort.
Those rules are everywhere, and each of them might be beaten/transcended in some way. But in general all of them help the levels to stay intact and the reality to look and be like it supposed to be.
As for God I am sure he can beat all those rules, and travel all those levels, but as he/she put them there, because he/she needs to give example like the Boss that he/she is. This is the leadership, you made those rules, even if you are God, you are obeying them, at least on the slice of specific reality. In other level you obey other things. You made those, at least obeyign them means you respect your work as creator.

And God respects so much the work he does, that many rules being automatic, no chance to be changed ever again. For example a woman get pregnant with man, even the man rape her. Does not matter the mercy and love of God, the RULE come first. The world is so packed with rules, that God can leave, and go opposite direction, and the world is able to spin for itself alone. The creation can live alone, on those rules, is sort of autonomy God embedded in creation.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2013 9:11:29 AM PDT
Rivona says:
The Intellect is our greatest stumbling block. Why fixate on the "credentials". By tapping into the higher mind/intuition, we receive the answers to all that is. Caroline is a great mirror for you. Why do you feel like you're lacking in credentials? Who are you not getting approval from?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2014 7:25:14 AM PDT
Just to push this down the road, one of our limitations is thinking about God as a super person made in our image. Our idea of God is limited by our thoughts and experiences so we tend to think of a god in terms of what we know. In effect, we make this god in our image. Maybe god is a force moving through the universe. Maybe this force has an awareness of different levels of energy...the energy of the stars, the energy of emotion. Maybe this will help you in your meditation...to focus on reflecting back positive peace energy. Radiate peace energy to others. It changes things when you move from a god who is not doing his job to a different place where we focus on becoming spiritually aware.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2014 3:04:44 PM PDT
The issue is: how ethical or spiritually advanced can an individual be who would commit academic fraud in order to increase her sales and profits derived from spiritual education and training? Answer: About as much as your average multinational corporation. Is this the type of individual in whom you would invest your time, energy, and money?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Nov 27, 2010
Latest post:  Jul 24, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Anatomy of the Spirit: The Seven Stages of Power and Healing
Anatomy of the Spirit: The Seven Stages of Power and Healing by Caroline Myss (Hardcover - 1996)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (372)