4.0 out of 5 stars great
Published on November 21, 2010 by bookfinder

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for
Published on September 24, 2010 by Hippo

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, September 24, 2010
This mattress topper has certainly improved my sleeping experience. I wake up more comfortable than before, and it's helped my back. I am satisfied with what it's done so far, especially for the price it's selling for. It's not quite amazing as the memory foam the major brands sell, but it wouldn't be fair to just say it's simply foam. I think an accurate description would be somewhere in between the two, but slight leaning towards the foam end. There are definitely far better mattress toppers out there, but if you're looking for something cheap that does an average job, then look no further. If you want to wake up feeling like you're on a cloud, run - and don't come back.

2.0 out of 5 stars Go to walmart you'd be better off., September 10, 2010
This thing did not fit properly on my bed. It was okay length wise but wide wise it fell about 1 inch short, so there's about 1/2 inch on each side of my bed that does not have the foam. I let it air out for about 30 hours instructions say 4 to 24 hours or up to 48 if smell persists. I have no prob with the smell factor its common in this type of product. I wouldn't say this is memory foam just foam. It's about the same as the eggshell foam toppers except this one has no textures or patterns its just flat. It makes a slight improvement on the bed but I was over all very upset with this product esp since it doesn't even fit correctly. If you are looking for a good topper I would suggest that you spend a few extra bucks and go with Aerus Brand its sold here on amazon and its wonderful.

4.0 out of 5 stars great, November 21, 2010
This fit perfect on my day bed. It is helping a lot. I can no longer feel the springs, so I am a lot more comfortable! The reason I am giving it 4 stars is because their is a really bad smell to it. Like when you first open it you can smell it. However, after I put it on my mattress last night and after I waited a while, I could no longer smell it, so I don't know if the sheets are hiding the smell, if I got used to it, or if it's my sinuses... I'll have to get back to you on that later... Another reason why I am giving this 4 stars is because it was really hard to put the sheets on. Like the sheets stuck to the material or something... can't really explain, but I had a really hard time putting the sheets on. Every time I tried to line them up in the back and stretch across it pulled the other off and then it made it harder because like it wouldn't stay... well anyways I eventually got them on. I have the twin xl microfiber sheets if anyone needs to know that information. All in all, this mattress topper is perfect for me.

ok so I am re-editing my review. I found better ones when I started working at walmart, and they were the same price if not cheaper... Check Walmart first before you buy here. I only did because I didn't know walmart had them but when I was over by the mattress section or bedding section stocking I found them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mattress Pad, May 3, 2011
As far as size goes, it is not the full length of a twin and does not fit my bed. The foam itself is poor and not comfortable. Not worth the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Got Some Cons and Pros, August 5, 2010
The pad feels very comfortable and firm enough for me. However, the size is a bit smaller and narrower than the actual bed (Full) and the edges are not cut even. And it smells like industrial plastic. Overall, I would say this pad works for me. It's a fairly good product for its price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy, July 24, 2013
This was an excellent buy. I have a hard bed and I wanted something cheap and good quality and this was it.

1.0 out of 5 stars It made me Sick - do your research, December 22, 2010
First, let me start out with the fact that I have owned a Tempur Pedic Memory Foam mattress for 5 years. I love it, but it was the standard basic model and a little hard. So when I bought this topper for my daughters bed, I thought I'd try it out on top of my mattress. It did have a strong chemical smell when I opened the package- but thats how foam smells so I thought nothing of it. I aired it out for about 10 hours then went to bed. When I woke in the morning I felt so dizzy and disoriented - I could not walk straight! This slowly cleared up over the next 6 hours. It was very severe... not subtle. I have never been Sensitive to chemicals or smells before. So I "googled" Memory Foam + Dizzy... and was shocked to find how much information is out there about the dangers of Memory Foam and the carcenogenic chemicals that make it up. It can cause everything from cancer to asthma to arthritis... the list goes on and on. I am only 37 and over the last 5 years have developed many minor, unexplained auto-immune issues out of the blue. And now it looks like my mattress may be the culprit. I am going to continue to research this but in the meantime I wanted to warn anyone who is as unaware of the risks as I was.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible smell, January 20, 2012
Do not buy this product. After opening the plastic, the smell stunk up the whole house. It can make you sick. It has a chemical smell. It is too costly to send it back. I bought this to put on a hospital bed as I am recuperating from knee surgery. I could never use it....a waste of money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, March 2, 2012
I got it last summer as a last resort on my way to college because all the XL mattress toppers were gone in every walmart. If you read the instructions it says that you have to air it out so yea its going to be a little smelly, and its going to be an inch smaller but the instructions tell you that too. Basically when I got it it was only $10 and the best thing I could spend money on for college. It is the softest thing ever paired with my mattress pad. I have to kick people out of my bed all the time.... Its worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, March 12, 2013
I bought this for my 8 year old daughter's bed. I slept on it last night for the first time and her bed was much more comfortable with it. If you're only looking for a little extra cushioning and are cheap like me, I recommend it.

Carpenter Memory Foam King Mattress Topper