5.0 out of 5 stars Shuffle away the hours
Published on December 8, 2000 by M. Ragen

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible pucks!!
Published on July 27, 2012 by Micasio

5.0 out of 5 stars Shuffle away the hours, December 8, 2000
This review is from: Carrom 650.01 Shuffleboard Game (Toy)
This is the tabletop version of the classic shuffleboard game. This can be a great game to enjoy for an hour or so with a friend which is what our kids often do when their friends come over. The game is pretty simple, you roll the "roller-bearing pucks" (aka steel marbles surrounded by plastic so they have some friction to slow down) across the table aiming for the scoring section to score points. This game takes up a fair amount of space -- you need a pretty wide tabletop or you can just flop on the floor to play it.
Although you can't break the game, the 'pucks' can be hard to replace. Unfortunately, there was a significant design oversight as the board doesn't come with a built-in storage space so be careful to keep the 'pucks' in a bag so they don't get lost. Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Dad (83 yrs Young) LOVES this game....and so do I., December 28, 2000
A. Shaw (Up North, MN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Carrom 650.01 Shuffleboard Game (Toy)
My dad goes on and on about finding a place to play shuffleboard. I've searched on the web, but couldn't find any place near for him to play. Then, shopping on Amazon, I found this game and decided to take a chance. Did I ever luck out! This game has the same feel as a regulation size board. And it costs much less. Plus, you don't have to move the sofa out to the garage as you would a full size. Seems durable, but time will be the test. I couldn't have got him a better present! Well, I can't chat anymore, I've got to get back over to his house and try to beat his ......you know!

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, high quality game that's a lot of fun to play!!!, January 18, 2007
D. Brown (Taylors Falls, MN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Carrom 650.01 Shuffleboard Game (Toy)
A great scaled down version of a classic. I used to play on a 14' table growing up, and this little (relatively speaking, it's nearly 4' long) Carrom model is just as fun. The pucks roll freely with just a bit of friction which allows for pinpoint accuracy.

I also looked at the Crosley model, but it didn't have the triangle scoring game in addition to the parallel 1-2-3 scoring layout, so I went with the Carrom. I'm glad I went with the Carrom. Very sturdy and well made.

When the mercury plummets to 30-below up here in sunny Minnesota, my boys (7 & 4) and I haul out the shuff and have a great time!

If you think $35 - $40 is a bunch of dough to spend on a wooden board game, keep in mind that this is a game that could conceivably outlive YOU!

Buy it. Stop reading this gibberish and buy it. You'll love it.

Dan B. - Taylors Falls, MN

5.0 out of 5 stars Where on earth did this come from?, May 13, 2009
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Carrom 650.01 Shuffleboard Game (Toy)
A guy brought this to my friends bachelor party and I laughed out loud. It looked pretty lame. Boy was I wrong. We had a poker game and a shuffleboard tourney going on at the same time and the shuffleboard cause more raukus.

It was so popular, this game showed up at our friends wedding for the after-party party!

BTW, this might be a more sanitary replacement for a game like "water" pong at parties...

5.0 out of 5 stars Carrom Shuffleboard Rocks!!!, November 8, 2010
This review is from: Carrom 650.01 Shuffleboard Game (Toy)
If you're interested enough to read the reviews on this game, trust me, you'll love it. What's to love? Let us count the ways:
>made in the USA--'nuff said!
>no assembly required--'nuff said!
>simple concept makes it easy to play for all ages
>games play typically takes less than 10 minutes so gives several people/teams a chance to play
>although concept is simple, plenty of room for skill & strategy involvement for more competitive players (believe me, there will be equal screams of joy & pain)

Great to have on hand for the holidays. I would recommend keeping the "pucks" in a separate container (we use a small clean butter tub with a snap lid) as they are easily lost.

Pull the trigger, you won't be sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised, December 11, 2007
JEMFan (Binghamton, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Carrom 650.01 Shuffleboard Game (Toy)
I was pleasantly surprised to find that this miniature version retains a lot of the feel of a real shuffleboard table, at a tiny fraction of the price. The board itself seems sturdy, and I would say it's easy enough for children to play. My family will be enjoying this game for a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't stop playing, January 6, 2007
S. Newlon (Michigan, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Carrom 650.01 Shuffleboard Game (Toy)
I had asked for a tabletop shuffleboard game for Christmas, remembering a game we had when I was a kid - plastic board and two rubber bands to direct the puck from the shooting side to the scoring side. I was a little disappointed when I initially saw this instead - what a mistake.

Since then, my family (husband, 8 year old son, and myself) have been playing the game for hours at a time. My son, who received way too many toys for Christmas (including a scooter, remote controls and Gameboy games) said that I got the best Christmas present. It's a great blend of luck and skill - so the kids can win too, and the parents can enjoy the challenge of trying to work the board to a win as well. Tip - We found that our family room floor wasn't exactly even, and that made the game even more fun. Instead of straight shots, we have to work the curve.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, June 29, 2009
This review is from: Carrom 650.01 Shuffleboard Game (Toy)
I had this item in my wish list for a long time, but I finally pulled the trigger when the kids got out of school for the summer. It's been an instant hit. The playing surface is smooth and attractive. The plastic and metal pucks are good quality and have a nice feel. The instruction sheet included with the game is less than inspirational, but easy enough to understand (hey, it's shuffleboard, not rocket science)... but I would have preferred a few variations or a blurb on strategy. But this is a quality "analog" game for a great price. Very happy with the purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible pucks!!, July 27, 2012
This review is from: Carrom 650.01 Shuffleboard Game (Toy)
I was really excited when I found this. A friend of mine had bought one at a garage sale about 20 years ago. We had a lot of fun playing on that shuffleboard! When I finally received the item, it was delivered without any damage. The shuffleboard itself looks great, but as soon as I started rolling the pucks, I was very upset. These pucks couldn't pass a sobriety test! The pucks that I used to play with, were much better quality. You could really play with finesse with them. Fast or slow, they always rolled straight offering good competitive game play. The current pucks roll so poorly, resulting in the board sitting in my closet wasting space. Not only that, I missed the return date, and now I'm stuck with firewood. That's my fault. Anyway, I want to give two stars because of how nice the board is, but what's the point if you can't use it.

4.0 out of 5 stars High Quality, Needs a Touch or Two, April 22, 2010
Fraugher (New England, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Carrom 650.01 Shuffleboard Game (Toy)
Very nice quality table, it was bigger than I expected. On the other hand, please send an extra puck or two per team, this table will last 40 years, I will lose a puck in 5 days.

Also, the rules must have been written by a flunking kindergartner. I know how to play shuffleboard already, and was pretty sure I didn't know how to play after reading the rules, I though a page must be missing or something. Got on line and got real rules for the kids to read. If you open this around your kids, do yourself a favor and get good directions before you open the box, so you don't have that waiting letdown.

Carrom 650.01 Shuffleboard Game