5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
Their music never ceases to amaze me. They have so much talent. We are always really tuned in or shall I say relating to their music, When we listen to it, it consumes us. We are amazed they keep coming up with new stuff and rarely on a new CD are there songs we don't like.
Published 15 months ago by Leslie A. Shaw

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh....it's OCMS, but yet not...
OK, this is good music, but it seems more of a "statement" saying "Critter's back, here's some songs from him to show you, and we'll work on more" to appease the "Willie's gone, OCMS is gone" doomsayers.

Published 7 months ago by J. Lockridge

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, September 15, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars More Treasures for the OCMS Collection!, October 8, 2013
This review is from: Carry Me Back to Virginia (Audio CD)
Besides the cover art, which is both clever and appropriate, this mini-CD is a true gem. It includes a different version of "Ain't it Enough?", a beautiful sentiment that alone justifies the purchase of the CD. But it's the cover of "Dixieland Delight" that makes this CD a necessity! It's a beautiful and classic song already, and Old Crow puts their unique signature on it with this recording.

Too many (younger?) fans only associate OCMS with "Wagon Wheel" and Bonnaroo. This band is SO much more and this three-song CD showcases the musicianship and vocal talents that separate OCMS from other bands of the Americana genre who have jumped on the flavor of the moment. Old Crow was just inducted into the Grand Old Opry for a reason and this CD demonstrates that!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this band!, December 7, 2013
This review is from: Carry Me Back to Virginia (Audio CD)
I saw this band on the Gentlemen of the Road tour. I instantly fell in love with this band after seeing them. This arrived on time and in perfect condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good music, November 2, 2013
This review is from: Carry Me Back to Virginia (Audio CD)
OCMS has captured and communicated a thread of music that is quintessentially american and portrays a time and a place that is rich and welcoming

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh....it's OCMS, but yet not..., May 4, 2014
J. Lockridge "jllx" (Birmingham, AL United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Carry Me Back to Virginia (Audio CD)

Well, I'm a doomsayer. Willie was SUCH a huge part of OCMS vocally and "presence"-wise. I don't really know how he can be replaced. I enjoy this music, still, but the vocals are not up to the quality of WW. I'd do anything to have him AND Critter back in OCMS, but then again, that may be the original problem.

I don't know what direction OCMS is going to go now, but if this is any indication, and if the live shows I've seen since WW's departure are, then I'm worried.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dont overpay for this, March 14, 2014
This review is from: Carry Me Back to Virginia (Audio CD)
Only 5 songs here and a couple are also on other albums, so you only get about 3 new songs. It's worth the $5 I paid, but just barely.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but could be better, December 9, 2013
This review is from: Carry Me Back to Virginia (Audio CD)
Just three songs on the CD and I either misunderstood or didn't read the playlist well enough. Not as good a representation of the talent of Old Crow Medicine Show.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, October 27, 2014
my bad but it only had 3 songs, great band disappointing cd

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, December 9, 2014
great music!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, December 12, 2014
Good.

Carry Me Back to Virginia
Carry Me Back to Virginia by Old Crow Medicine Show (Audio CD - 2013)