5.0 out of 5 stars Character Reader for little ones
I really liked this review of the story cars. It is rather short, I wish it were longer, however, young children will get the meaning of the book or story pretty clearly. Take care of those who love you, it will come back to you. Learn not to be selfish and self serving. Really, is not that how we will all have a better life?
Published on June 15, 2006 by Joseph J. Slevin

Joseph J. Slevin (Carlsbad, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute Story, May 7, 2008
This review is from: Cars (Disney/Pixar Cars) (Little Golden Book) (Hardcover)
My daughter loves the movie Cars so when I found this book I had to get it for her. It is a little short but it follows the same basic premise of the movie. The pictures are very nice and colorful and catch her attention. On her own she likes to go through the book and point out the characters and say who they are. This is a great Little Golden Book!

1.0 out of 5 stars weird plot, convoluted and inappropriate, May 19, 2014
This review is from: Cars (Disney/Pixar Cars) (Little Golden Book) (Hardcover)
It's really too bad with this book because the Disney Cars theme is WONDERFULLY imaginative, and the toys and cartoons are great, but this book is really bad. My grandson got no joy out of it whatsoever, and neither did I while reading it to him, and isn't this supposed to be the whole POINT? I read this to my child and was extremely disappointed by the convoluted, and frankly, strange plot. I almost did not finish it, and will never read it to him again. The plot is sketchy and very hard to follow. There seems to be some sort of friendship lesson here, but it falls very short of the mark and does not work at all. Shockingly, there is a LAWYER and someone SUING someone in this borderline inappropriate and strange book - it is just indecipherable and weird. Do NOT buy this book if you're looking for an old-fashioned, charming type of children's book. There are MUCH better stories out there (Lyle the Crocodile, etc ... and many, many wonderful old-fashioned Little Golden books we all remember such as the ones by Richard Scarry, etc.) It is almost as if the writer of this thing has never read any charming children's books ... and there are so MANY that you can hardly MISS THEM. Unless you're really hell bent on reading a convoluted kids' book with a lawyer suing someone in it to your child, skip this one completely. Sorry to be so brutal here.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good, short story-, November 15, 2010
This review is from: Cars (Disney/Pixar Cars) (Little Golden Book) (Hardcover)
This is a great book for my 2 1/2 year old boys- it's long enough to have a story line, but short enough that it keeps their attention.
Great construction with the cardboard cover.

1.0 out of 5 stars NO ENDING TO THE STORY !!, July 6, 2008
This review is from: Cars (Disney/Pixar Cars) (Little Golden Book) (Hardcover)
There is no BIG race mentioned at the end of the story !! And thats the BEST / MOST IMPORTANT part of this story. Disappointing for a 4 year old.

5.0 out of 5 stars Is your child a Cars fan? Then this is a must-have, January 19, 2014
This review is from: Cars (Disney/Pixar Cars) (Little Golden Book) (Hardcover)
My nephew is obsessed with the movie "Cars" so when I saw this book, I knew I had to send it to him. The story isn't very long, but it makes for a good bedtime story and it follows the movie pretty well in book form. The illustrations are colorful and recall different scenes from the movie.

We grew up reading Little Golden Books, so I was happy to buy a book that I knew my nephew would like, from a publisher who made books when I was a kid.

3.0 out of 5 stars 2 year old likes it, January 10, 2014
This review is from: Cars (Disney/Pixar Cars) (Little Golden Book) (Hardcover)
As other reviews have mentioned, the story in this book is very much condensed. I knew that going in so our expectations were not set high. My 2 year old son loves books and anything I can do to encourage reading is a plus. The character and story recognition appealed to him and he was excited to read this book. It is a part of our nightime routine, we have several books in rotation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Golden Books still have charm, April 21, 2014
This review is from: Cars (Disney/Pixar Cars) (Little Golden Book) (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my little 22 month old grandson. He doesn't really understand the story, but the book is so well illustrated he is really enthralled. He points at every character and asks its name. The story is well written, as Golden Books always have been.

4.0 out of 5 stars my son loves it, April 22, 2014
This review is from: Cars (Disney/Pixar Cars) (Little Golden Book) (Hardcover)
the movie is excellent, and boys who love the movie will really want to read this book. Even if they haven't seen the movie, boys who like cars will like the story and especially the illustrations.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the pixar stories book, July 17, 2013
This review is from: Cars (Disney/Pixar Cars) (Little Golden Book) (Hardcover)
I own alot of disney books but this little old looking cars book is actually better than the pixar 5 minute storybook I own.

Sadie loves lightning mcqueen and this book is a great buy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Cars (Disney/Pixar Cars) (Little Golden Book)
Cars (Disney/Pixar Cars) (Little Golden Book) by Ben Smiley (Hardcover - April 25, 2006)
$3.99