Carson HookUpz iPhone 4/4S/5/5S, iPhone 6/6S, iPhone 6 Plus/6S Plus or Samsung Galaxy S4 Digiscoping Adapters with Close Focus 7x18mm Monocular (IC-518, IC-618, IC-618P, IC-418)
|Price:||$20.33 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$9.67 (32%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- The HookUpz adaptor easily connects your Samsung Galaxy S4 to the included Close Up Close Focus 7x18mm Monocular
- Take pictures or record video directly through the monocular using the camera application on your Samsung Galaxy S4
- This Version of the HookUpz Adapter is ONLY compatible with the Samsung Galaxy S4 model , Backed by the Carson Limited Lifetime Warranty
- The 7x18mm monocular also has a close focus feature which will allow you to zoom in on your subjects from 10 Inch away
- It comes included with a Samsung Galaxy S4 Case, 7x18mm close focus monocular and the monocular adapter piece
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Be sure to read the instructions before attaching to your phone. The procedure for the 4/4S is much different than for the 5/5S.
You cannot use flash with this device so that is a negative. This will not replace a point and shoot camera. The assembly and focus are a little awkward but for occasional shots that were not possible on your phone due to distance, this set up is very cool.
When you use the monocular, the image will show up inside a circle. So if you want a full screen shot, you'll need to zoom in on the phone to get it to be full screen. The image quality doesn't seem to degrade significantly when you do so.
There are three issues, I find... the first two are more related to monoculars/zooming in general rather than specifically with this product, while the third is a combination of the product and monoculars in general.
1. You need extremely steady hands when you take a picture using something like this. Any slight movement or tremor will make the picture shake or become blurry. Though again, this is really a problem with any camera once you zoom... but given that the zoom on the monocular is 7x, it can be pretty difficult to get a steady shot... and this is related to the next issue.
2. The zooming capabilities are mainly useful in outdoors, bright light conditions. Anytime you use something like a monocular, the act of zooming will reduce the amount of light going through the monocular (you can search the internet for all the physics behind this). The end result is that it exacerbates the typical issue with smartphone cameras in indoor/low light conditions... blurry images. It's possible that this might not be as bad on an iPhone 5S...Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Have you ever looked through binocs or a telescope while holding them just shy of your eyes? You see everything with a black circle around it. That explains this in a nutshell. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Ghost.M8
A 5 Star product, for what it cost it simply works great with an iPhone. Gives you shots that you could not ever get without the Carson optics.Published 4 months ago by pp1951
Wow very surprised how well it works and for the price you cannot go wrong. Don't expect great thing but if you are tired of looking through a little eye piece then it works well... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Steve
It was what it said and works ok, but the fact that I have to change phone covers make it a pain to have to deal with, but it works as said so not much more to say.Published 5 months ago by jeepsailor