5.0 out of 5 stars Clear Ring Lets in Natural Light
For the price, this is an excellent loupe. I use it for photographic negatives and various other tasks that require close-up examination. I feel that the key to this design is the clear ring around the base which lets in natural light and gives it a true color reading.
Published on November 9, 2006 by T. YATES

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable quality, but!
This product relies on the user having 20/20 vision. There is no way to mechanically shorten (or lengthen) the distance from the lens to the target to obtain sharp focus. Using this item with glasses is not the optimal viewing situation.
Published on August 21, 2011 by Don T.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear Ring Lets in Natural Light, November 9, 2006
T. YATES (Chattanooga, TN USA) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable quality, but!, August 21, 2011
This review is from: Carson LumiLoupe Series Pre-Focused Stand Magnifier Loupes (LL-10, LL-20, LL-55, LL-77) (Sports)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lumi Loupe, March 15, 2010
Moose (Chicago Suburbs, IL) - See all my reviews
Works as advertised. The Loupe needs to be set down on the object your viewing. If you raise the Loupe up, then the object gets blurry.

4.0 out of 5 stars NIce Big 10x Loupe, August 27, 2011
I like the size of this magnifier for checking out old family slides and negatives. It fits nicely over the neg/slide so that I can see all of it in one view. However, it does exhibit considerable pincushion distortion at the sides of the image that you're viewing. Other than that, I really like it for checking old family slides and negs before I scan them into my iMac.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Clear Image", October 26, 2010
This has exactly what the title describes, a clear image. I am happy with the quality, design, and speed of delivery of this product. I enjoy taking photographs as a hobby and this loupe comes in handy for viewing pictures. I really need it for viewing slides. You can look closely at them using a "light table" and see most anything in great detail. As always (well mostly at least) I recieved this from Amazon quickly and in great condition. I will continue to purchase items from them because of the quality, speed of delivery, and value that I receive regularly from them. Thanks again Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars When 5x just won't do, March 2, 2011
Just started scanning my photos and slides and needed more than a magnifying glass or 5x loupe to examine the fine details without eyestrain. This loupe accomplishes that with clear optics, no perceptible distortion and the ability to get light to the areas under examination. Very impressive for the price I paid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent viewer, sturdy and inexpensive, April 2, 2013
We inherited a ton of slides, and wanted to sort out the ones we could use. I found that I could use this magnifier with an iPad as a backlight by using a flashlight app. I can lay out six slides and go over them pretty quickly.

The magnifier is plastic, but very sturdy. The optics are great; I can see the pixels of the iPad through the slides. For the price, I don't think I'll find a better option anywhere.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for viewing coins, March 2, 2013
This product (Carson Optical Lumiloupe 10X Power Magnifier) is most likely used for back lit film negative viewing or flat paper viewing. My intended use was to view coins with low magnification to ease identifying unique characteristics of the coins like double stamping. The light required to view coins would require bright external lighting which causes eye fatigue very quickly. The depth of field of the magnifier is less than the depth of the coin's impression. I do not recommend this item for viewing coins.

5.0 out of 5 stars 10X Carson Optical Lumiloupe, September 4, 2011
Excellent quality little device with removable reticle. I find it very handy for general magnification use. The reticle is of a plastic construction whereas the magnification lens is high quality glass. Great Value.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I had hoped for............, December 15, 2011
I have a box full of 40 year old negatives and had hoped the lumiloupe would magnify them enough to identify the people but it didn't help. When the lumiloupe is over the negative there's not enough light coming thru. If I had a light box it might work but I have a limited budget and was trying to find something inexpensive that would work. The lumiloupe does work as a magnifier for other things like stamps, reading the tiny writing on the back of some products but didn't work for my negatives.

Carson LumiLoupe 10X Power Stand Magnifier (LL-10)
$10.99 $8.24