5.0 out of 5 stars Very neat iPhone accessory.
Published 23 months ago by Amazon Customer

It is a nice cheap product and does zoom onto microscopic detail reasonably. Separate case goes onto the iPhone and then the lens fits snugly into a groove over the camera.

Published 14 months ago by Solomon

5.0 out of 5 stars Very neat iPhone accessory., March 9, 2013
This review is from: Carson HookUpz MicroMax Plus 60x-100x LED Pocket Microscope with iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5/5S or Samsung Galaxy S4 Adapter (MM-240, MM-250, MM-255) (Sports)
Very easy to set up and use. The instructions are very clear and easy to follow. The bright LED light- lights the subject very well .The 60x to100x magnification really turns your iPhone into a very powerful microscope. I have found that my teenager enjoys this as much as I do for hobbies or just to have fun with to explore different things upclose. Do not be fooled by the price-this item is quite good at a price much lower then expected.Keep this item well hidden because the microscope can be used without the camera and everyone in the family enjoys using it by itself. A fun and educational tool for the whole family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nifty!, June 19, 2013
This is a delicious gadget for the iphone! Using the iphone's camera and video, I got great shots of things like the scales on a snake and the hairy legs of a wasp, which were intriguing to my little grandson who was familiar with a telescope but not a microscope. I even used it to look at a tiny insect bite on my hand and was able to confirm it as a spider bite because of the fang marks! Unattached from the phone, it fits perfectly in a jean pocket, ready to whip out when needed and takes only a second to attached to the supplied case. The focus adjustment is a little stiff for one-handed use and the case takes a little practice to take off (I prefer my regular iphone case when not using the microscope) but those are very minor detractions and don't change my rating of the microscope. Note that this is a 60x-100x microscope and a regular magnifying glass is better suited for looking at larger things. If you're a gadget person, you'll love this microscope.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful at work, October 6, 2013
I work on electronics and we are always taking photos of our in-process and final product. I was able to take very good close ups on fine pitch
components and defects found during processing of assemblies. It has been very useful tool at work. I have only one problem. Microscope piece (clear plastic material) is not made out of ESD (electrostatic sensitive device) material.

3.0 out of 5 stars For a cheap product it isn't bad; but cost comes with a few caveats (read below), November 18, 2013

However, it is not terribly easy to use. First there are a lack of instructions; I was a little puzzled as to what is the correct orientation for the lens to be able to slip into the groove and lock. The display is circular and only fills about half the screen. Also iPhone lighting and focus adjustment make it difficult to get a clean image. Lastly it also has to be held at just the right distance to be able to get things in focus. Some of this is expected but a bit better would have been appreciated. Price is cheap so that is acceptable. Also don't forget to use the zoom/focus control on the lens itself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well., August 29, 2013
This is a great tool if you need to look at fabric up close. It has endured my 2 year old's wrath so it has proven to be durable so far.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Magnifaction, July 12, 2013
This did excatly what it claimed to do. Great for showing the kids what everything looks like up close. Gave it four stars only because it was a little blurrly on some things.

4.0 out of 5 stars works better than expected, August 19, 2014
this is one of 2 carson products for the samsung phone that work (in my opinon). This takes nice sharp photos. I think part of the reason is because it has its own light source and the others are slow lenses with no light resulting in underexposure. this is a nifty gadget that I will use on occasion. if it were not so clunky and a hassle to use, it would get 5 stars. See my other review for a carson product with 5 stars for an excellent all around (and similar) product.

5.0 out of 5 stars This has helped me greatly, May 15, 2014
This little microscope (pocket sized) has been great for my uses. I helps me get great photos of UP CLOSE items i need to look at, instead of squinting through the view finder. I can just hook my phone up to it and adjust the focus. Then BAM! Zoom the camera up even closer giving great detailed photos. Love it would totally get this for a child to look at bugs and spiced and such. They love those things.

5.0 out of 5 stars COOL! A little hard to use on living material like plants, but you can take clear images with this., April 7, 2014
I wish Carson made a stand to hold the phone so that this microscope can be used in a stationary fashion. This little scope fits my GS4 perfectly and will take amazingly crisp photos. But you get a circular image which is okay. Magnification is 100x. It comes with a rubber eyepiece so you can use it without the phone too. I am pleased with this purchase!

3.0 out of 5 stars Eh for iPhone... Dcent for hands., April 18, 2014
When attaching it to my iPhone 5 it was a bit off centered from the camera.
The image appears as a tiny circle about the size of a quarter or less on your screen.
You have to zoom in a bit to appear like they advertise on the box.

The microscope works, but don't expect to see any microorganisms or cells. It will make a strand of hair seem thicker, but if you want to see cells and stuff like that, you'll need a better microscope.

I wish it wouldn't have shown up as a small circle in camera view...