Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 30, 2012
before buying this I could not tell the difference between the regular & deluxe mattress pad. I have ordered both. The deluxe has a better material and elastic that wraps around the edges of the mattress. The top of it is thicker than the regular one. If I order another one it will be the deluxe. Highly recommended.
on May 8, 2012
This 4 ply one is noticeably thicker then the 2 ply. The 2 ply works great for a little spit up or a slightly over filled pee diaper but doesn't stand a chance with the big messes. (projectile vomiting, exploding butts, a full bottle of milk opened and dumped onto the bed...etc) This 4 ply is the way to go if you don't wish to be scrubbing your crib mattress and standing there for an hour with a hair dryer to it.
Some parents mentioned that the thickness of the 4 ply was concerning with newborns and small infants, I did not notice this as a problem. Yes, it is most definitely thicker, but not enough so that it can be of any danger to my baby.
on July 31, 2012
I love the Carter's pads with the cotton top! So much better than what we had before! We have two other crib/toddler mattress pad covers, Sealy and Circo brand. The Sealy is polyester and pills and looks terrible. It is really tight and hard to get over the corners. The Circo has a cotton top but is so tight I tore the corner getting it on one day. Both the Sealy and Circo don't cover the entire mattress top but rather have a smaller waterproof area.
The Carter's cotton top premium pad is GREAT by comparison. It covers the entire top of our mattress and fits snugly but loose enough to get on and off easily for washing and late night bed changes. It has survived vomit and potty accidents and nothing soaks through! I love how easy it is to put on and take off. The kids' mattresses are Colgate III foam two sided. (one side infant firm, the other toddler softer) crib / toddler size with squared corners, hope that helps you. We have only two of these Carter's quilted mattress pads, one for each bed but I wish we had a spare for each bed too since these fit so much better and don't pill up like the polyester kind. Spend the few bucks extra, get the 4 ply quilted cotton top (yes it does have a waterproof backing) , their premium type pad instead of the polyester top ones. So worth it!
*update* 10/29/12 - I think of this product every time I have a late night sheet change, like tonight. Our boy is almost 4 and potty trained but still often wets at night. Buying an extra one of these instead of spending money on a bunch more night time pull ups is so worth it! Just put a different brand on the bed and struggled to get it on the mattress, unlike the Carter's pads we have! Ugh. Now our daughter is potty training but still wears diapers. I am going to work 2 more off these into the budget to have on hand for their accidents! I always machine wash and dry, never had any issues with wear and tear yet.
***9/7/15*** One pad just ripped after maybe 3 years of use. It only ripped around the perimeter, so I can still use it as a waterproof pad if I trim the elastic band. I never bought more than 2 pads since we still had some other off brand pads to rotate in, though they don't fit as well. Once we moved and I thinned out extra items I got rid of the off brand ones. Our middle child is growing out of toddler bed but we have a younger one still in a crib and then toddler bed, so I know we will be using this for a long time. It says discontinued by manufacturer which is a bummer but as long as I can get one before they run out, I'm a happy camper.
on May 21, 2011
This product works well, and appears to be made well. But, it has one annoying issue, which is difficutl to explain. When in the dryer the differant layers seperate, and the plastic lining gets stuck to itself, and bunched up. You can easily fix this, and get everything back in the right place. But, its takes a few minutes. And, if your child is potty training, and wetting their bed often, you'll quickly tired of this excersise. Also, I fear that this process limit the life-time of the product. Thought, it shows no obvious signs of wear yet. If I had to do it over, I try a differant brand or product which might not have this issue.
on December 27, 2013
I was looking for a mattress pad that would provide a little more cushion and comfort for my kids. They both sleep wonderfully on our nice, comfy king size bed, but not so much on their own beds. This quilted pad was the solution to that problem. It provides the extra cushion that they needed to make those hard crib mattresses more comfortable.

I've washed these pads several times, and they haven't shrunk or lost their shape at all. My two-year-old always asks to put it back on immediately after it comes out of the dryer, and my 9-month-old curls right up and goes to sleep when it's on her bed. I started using this in her crib when she was 7-months-old. She started rolling over when she was two-months-old, and has been flipping over and sleeping on her stomach for quite a while, so I didn't worry at all about it being too think for her. Even so, I probably would wait until your baby is around 6-months-old to start using this, just because of the thinkness.

I think the only thing I would change would be to make the top layer the water-proof layer. That way, I could just wipe it down and disinfect it when their was a leaky diaper or pull-up, instead of having to take it off and wash it every time. That's the only reason I knocked off a star. Other than that, I think it's a great product, and will most likely buy two more so that I have spares for each child's bed.
on March 1, 2012
I ordered the 'deluxe' version, because I honestly can't resist getting what I assume will be the 'nicer' version of a baby product. The crib pad fits the mattress very well, the Sealy Baby Firm Rest Crib Mattress and it laundered just fine when I washed it, no shrinking. The only issue I have with it is that the deluxe version is 4-ply, and I assume that the regular version is not. While 4-ply is very soft and would probably be great for a slightly older child, I think it might be a little too soft for a newborn crib. Just pressing into it with my hand makes a pretty good depression that wasn't possible when it was just the mattress. So in all, the product is great, but I may have just ordered the wrong version for my needs.
on November 14, 2012
This was the perfect size for our baby mattress. We have had diaper leaks and milk spills which saturated the crib sheets but didn't make it past this crib mattress protector. Definitely a good buy.

If you're preparing for a baby, check out this comprehensive baby registry must-have list at AllMomsArePerfect. Search for Baby Registry.

It covers the first 3 months and helps you decifer what you really need and what you can live without.
on March 26, 2013
My 6 month old sweats. A lot. Mostly whenever he lays on anything thats not cotton. I was afraid the waterproofing part would make him puddle at night time. But this is really working out well. It's quilted on top with cotton and I use a cotton jersey crib sheet. I've seen mattress overs that made me sweat just looking at them...this one is the one to get.
on October 30, 2013
I've washed these (I have 2, see why below) many many times and they have held up very well. A trick my aunt taught me is to make the crib in double layers so have a protector pad and fitted sheet under a protector pad and fitted sheet. That way if there is an accident/spit up/diaper leak situation in the middle of the night you strip off one layer and don't have to wrestle with sheets when you are tired. This tip has saved me many times!
on April 25, 2016
This is nice and thick and it fits well to a toddler mattress/ regular crib mattress. I am happy we bought it, it has worked well.

I like to write reviews I wrote this review without a discount and I paid full price for this item!
I like to purchase through amazon becasue I often find the best prices around.
All my opnions are my own, please feel free to ask any questions you may have.