Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Carters Wrap Me Up Receiving Blanket, Brown/Sage Circles, 4 Pack (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on February 24, 2011
Despite the typical receiving blanket size, somehow these have just ended up shrinking. We wash in cold water, and tumble dry on the lowest heat setting. They shrunk to a point where they were not usable to swaddle our baby, he was 5lbs 4 oz at birth, and even at this beginning point it was a struggle. By the time he reached 7lbs, we couldn't use these for this at all anymore.
Luckily, we have found them extremely beneficial for tucking in around him after he's buckled into his car seat for an extra layer of warmth. We also use them for spit up, and to place under him during nursing.
They do have a bit of a pilling problem. It isn't enough so that I wouldn't use them, just disappointing that the flannel isn't of a higher quality.
The colors do stay fairly vibrant, even after many washes.
Though we've had luck with other Carter's receiving blankets, these particular ones, (Brown/Sage Circles) have definitely deterred us from purchasing Carter's brand blankets. We've actually had better luck with the Babies 'R' Us brand, Koala Baby, and they are a bit cheaper as well.
on April 28, 2014
These are light weight, very soft blankets. I bought them to line my puppies' beds. Three of the four blankets washed and dried ok, but the brown one is horribly misshapen due to shrinkage. It's still usable for it's purpose though.

They are VERY soft and a good price. The material is light-weight making them nice summer-weight blankets for my puppies. I will probably buy another set because the price is good and the material is soft.

The puppies love to sleep on them.
on April 7, 2014
These Carters blankets are larger than the average receiving blanket which makes it ideal for all sorts of baby needs. They're great for swaddling, covering, blanketing, and wiping up spit-up. We can never have too many. They're also my favorite baby shower gift to give away.

I bought these particular ones to use as "frosting" on a diaper cake.
on December 9, 2013
I love these receiving blankets. I have bought two packs a few months apart and the first pack has faded quite a bit but I don't mind, I actually like the more toned down colors. These are simple and easy and I like keeping a simple nursery, so these are multipurpose for me, under the baby on the rug or on his floor mat, as his pillow, for spit up, and I put them under him if he takes a nap with me. I love the large size too.
on August 30, 2014
Our little guy LOVED the blanket with the circles when we draped it over his car seat. It was so soothing for him. (I heard patterns are calming for babies) We take that one everywhere with us now as a light blanket, lovey, and burp cloth all-in-one.
on March 27, 2013
I originally purchased these blankets to swaddle my newborn but found that getting a snuggle swaddler was much easier. I now use these as burp rags sometimes and I also use them to lay on the floor when changing the baby's diapers. As you can imagine they endured some stains but washed away easily each time. Now 5 months later they still look as new as day one. Others I had either became discolored and faded or shrunk after a few washes. I highly recommend these receiving blankets.
on April 25, 2014
You get exactly whats in the picture, same style and colors, the problem I had was tht it looks washed out as if they had it holding for 10 years, the bottle blanket was stained with I don't know what but it cant wash out so I use it to put on the floor now. very disappointed didn't care abt the price or speed of shipping. When buying baby stuff things should be double checked before shipped
on June 21, 2011
Firstly, I wish if the product name specified that these were flannel blankets. I was looking for the stretchable ones and ended up buying these. They are soft and I liked the print and colors, but as other reviewers have mentioned, they fade after washing and shrink too. My baby tries his best to squirm out of the blanket when wrapped, hence I prefer the stretchy ones. So to make these work I wrapped him first in this blanket and again wrapped him in a stretchable type. This way, he was warm and snug all night long, which helped him sleep better. Another improvement to the product would be its shape. These rectangular blankets are harder to fold than square ones. While the size is just fine until the baby is small, it would be better if they were larger and square shaped.
My baby is 3 months old and doesn't fit in them now. Like others, I use them to spread it on carpet and leave my baby to play on it. Overall, Its an OK product but not too good.. 3 stars
on August 14, 2011
I first started using these blankets in 2008 after my daughter was born. I loved them from the start. They are so soft and are great for covering baby in carseat. Plus they come in such cute patterns! I didn't use them for swaddling then because my daughter hated being swaddled. I bought another 2 packages of them in boy designs when my son was born in 2010. They were the only blankets big enough for swaddling, which is the only way my son would sleep for the first four months. BTW - I still use the girl blankets I had with my daughter and they are still in great condition, three years later. Now that I am pregnant again, I am just waiting to find out the sex of the baby (10 more LONG days - lol) to buy even more.

They are my baby shower gift staple. Every mother I have given them to completely agree that they are the best blankets you can buy without spending a ton of money. These are definitely a must have for anyone with a newborn.

BTW - Definitely cheaper to buy them here on Amazon rather than at Babies R Us. At BRU they are a good $3-6 more.
on April 7, 2011
So many blankets are way too small for swaddling a squirming newborn. Every blanket we received from baby showers did not suffice to keep our little one happy and tightly wrapped up like he was in the hospital. These blankets are just slightly larger than the hospital receiving blankets and keep him swaddled through his entire nap! Highly recommend these blankets to keep your baby happy!

See 1 answered question