4.0 out of 5 stars Right siza cubes - awkward to get out
I really like my new ice cube trays because they make just the right size to work perfectly in my Magic Bullit. However, the cubes are sort of hard to get out of the tray because unlike a more rigid sided ice cube tray that the water expands upward, in these trays the water expands outward as it's being frozen. That makes getting the ice cubes out a bit of a challenge.
Published on July 25, 2011 by Careful Shopper

2.0 out of 5 stars Too bendy!
Published 19 months ago by Kindle Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Right siza cubes - awkward to get out, July 25, 2011
This review is from: Casabella Silicone True Cube Ice Cube Tray, Set Of 2 (Kitchen)

2.0 out of 5 stars Too bendy!, May 22, 2013
Kindle Customer (Kirkland, Washington United States) - See all my reviews
I run an adult family home. The employees are rough with everything. I buy plastic ice cube trays on almost monthly basis because they crack and break and then don't hold water. I thought these would be perfect because they are more durable. They are so bendy I can't even get them from the sink to the freezer without them collapsing and dumping water all over the floor. Then you have to push each cube out from the bottom-very time consuming when serving 6 people. On top of that I did not read the actual size, and was a bit surprised at how tiny each tray is. Oh, and they are not stack-able once you spend 20 minutes getting them into the freezer!

5.0 out of 5 stars the second best experiance I have ever had with Sillicon, December 20, 2011
I just hated having to deal with plastic trays, so never again! While having to individually punch out each cube can be a bit of a pain,its way easier to deal with and lasts longer than the hard plastic alternative. Worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for homemade baby food, October 23, 2013
Sarah V (Maryland, USA) - See all my reviews
I am very satisfied with these trays. I use them for freezing small portions of baby food. They hold about a tablespoon of food, so 2 cubes = 1 oz. They clean easily and have not stained, torn, or held odors. The food freezes fast, so I feel safe using them for my baby's food. And the small portion size allows me to give her a variety of foods at each meal. I can also tell I'll get a lot of use out of them beyond baby food. I have a favorite recipe that only calls for 1 tablespoon of tomato paste, so I freeze the rest of the can in this tray and have 1-tablespoon portions ready to go for future meals.

1.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating!, November 9, 2013
These are the worst ice cube trays I have ever used! They were gotten for use in a college dorm refrigerator, but were so frustrating to use that they were thrown out after the second use. The ice cubes stick, so you have to turn each cube inside out to release, then return each compartment to its right side out state to refill. This is not only time consuming, but uncomfortable handling the frozen cubes. The trays are flimsy, making them hard to fill and handle without spilling. They stuck to each other when stacked in the freezer. Save your money and stick with the inexpensive hard plastic trays.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a good idea, January 7, 2013
I don't know why, but even after hand washing and running through the dishwasher, these trays leave a residue on the ice cubes that floats around in your drink. Not the least bit appetizing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Naysayers have these all wrong! They are darn cool and useful., October 6, 2014
First, I find it amusing that a lot of the complaints about these ice cube trays include:
- painstaking to pop each individual ice cube out of the tray
- which also turns each of the wells inside out, so they have to be popped back into place before you can refill
- too bendy so it is difficult to transfer the water-filled trays to the freezer
- cannot stack them because they nest together slightly and then become frozen to each other

My response - it's silicone. Those are the properties of silicone-made things.

Okay, if you can deal with the above "first world problems", then you will find these trays a complete JOY! 1 inch cubes of ice, or baby food, or chocolates, or brownies, or whatever your are filling these with. Each well holds a tablespoon, so 1/2 ounce.

As for the stacking issue, I use a piece of cardboard below each tray to prevent stacked trays from sticking. I suppose there are other things one could use, but that works for me and it was a free resource. The cardboard also helps keep the tray steady as I take it to the freezer. So there....two problems solved easily.

When my trays of water are frozen, I pop the cubes into a freezer bag and then refill the tray so there's always plenty of available ice for planned or spur-of-the-moment company. You'll love these rocks in your whisky glass or in your favorite beverage. They just look cool.

Enjoy!

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy, March 16, 2012
These ice cube trays were very disappointing. They looked nice, sounded like they would be easy to use, but it is difficult to remove the cubes. You more or less have to turn each cube holder inside out to pop the cubes; fingers are frozen by the time you are done. Then you have to push the cube holder back to its original shape to refill with water, so it takes much longer to accomplish what should be a simple task. Also, they stick to each other in the freezer. Overall, they are a real nuisance.

1.0 out of 5 stars Silicon is not good for ice cube trays, November 1, 2012
You can't get the ice cubes out. We bought these because we thought the size and shape would be good for cocktails like mojitos...good for muddling. But we got so frustrated with them, having to painstakingly pop every single little cube out, that we took them to goodwill.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ice has a weird taste to it, April 17, 2014
Purchased these trays a month ago because my plastic one's cracked. I've tried washing them over and over again but still when the ice cubes dissolve they leave your water tasting like plastic (or silicone I guess). Looks like these are going to the trash, and I won't be buying silicone trays again.