5.0 out of 5 stars Hands down, this man's favorite kitchen rubber glove
I'm a man. I was washing dishes with these gloves on when my car wrenching, airplane building, ski racing manly man brother-in-law walked into my kitchen to visit. He took one look at my gloves and asked, "protecting your rock climbing calluses?" And then he admired the quality of my pink gloves.

As a previous reviewer writes, if your favorite gloves aren't...
Published on September 30, 2011 by M. Simerson

3.0 out of 5 stars Like a second skin
Published on November 1, 2011 by J. Robertson

5.0 out of 5 stars Hands down, this man's favorite kitchen rubber glove, September 30, 2011
This review is from: Casabella Waterstop Premium Rubber Gloves, Large (Kitchen)

As a previous reviewer writes, if your favorite gloves aren't pink, they might be soon. These gloves are the best! The lip at the top keeps water from running up to the rim of the gloves when my arms are raised, and then running down the inside when they are lowered again.

Unlike the purple and yellow gloves (grocery store variety), the knurled pattern on the palms and fingers of these maintain an effective grip on soapy dishes. In months of using these, I haven't dropped a single dish while wearing them.

The large size fits my large hands snugly, minimizing the loss of dexterity. When I'm done wearing them, I peel them off inside out. That lets them air out between uses. When I put them back on, I crumple the glove back into itself and then blow it up like a balloon. Only takes a second.

If you're a married man, get a pair of these for your wife too. Hypothetically speaking, it could avoid some uncomfortable emotions after a hole in your favorite gloves appears. Especially if it happens right after she was chopping onions with your gloves on. Hypothetically speaking, of course.

3.0 out of 5 stars Like a second skin, November 1, 2011
This review is from: Casabella Waterstop Premium Rubber Gloves, Large (Kitchen)
When considering what size to order, I decided to go up one size to allow for easy glove removal when wet. I based this decision on the fact that I almost always wear a medium in any type of glove, but I was taken by surprise as these went on skin tight. As can be expected, removal was a chore. Every single finger turned inside out as I struggled to get them off my medium sized hands, and this was when the gloves were still DRY and right out of the box. Doing so after washing the dishes is going to be a pain.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, June 2, 2008
Helwilliams (Petaluma, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casabella Waterstop Premium Rubber Gloves, Large (Kitchen)
These are the best kitchen gloves I have ever used I use them almost everyday to wash the dishes and they last me about 6 months or so before they start to get worn enough to buy another pair. My hands don't get sweaty and stinky in them and they slide on and off easily every time. Also great for household cleaning I've never had a problem with products eating through them and have had my current "house cleaning" pair for over a year without needed to replace them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awkward compromise between wide-enough and not-too-long, April 1, 2013
This review is from: Casabella Waterstop Premium Rubber Gloves, Large (Kitchen)
I am a man with wide hands. In cycling gloves and winter gloves, I have a hard time finding even "extra large" pairs that I can wear. I've tried "large" kitchen gloves from a number of manufacturers. The Casabella gloves are the largest of any "large" size kitchen gloves I've tried, but they are still more snug than I'd like; I can put them on fairly quickly, but to remove them, I have to peel them off, turning them inside out in the process. (This takes a moment to reverse. I usually have to blow up the gloves like balloons to get all the fingers in the right place.) Some kitchen glove brands do come in extra-large, e.g., Playtex HandSaver Gloves: XL, but they're not much wider and the fingers are very long. These gloves are the best compromise I've found between wide-enough and not-too-long.

As noted by others, the gloves have a strong plastic-mixed-with-frangrance odor. I'm bothered by strong odors, so this is a definite minus for me. Fortunately, the smell fades over time, and is gone in a month or so.

Bottom line: While these kitchen gloves are relatively expensive, they fit better than most I've tried, and they seem strong. Maybe someday there will be gloves that better fit men's hands and are less smelly ... but you take what you can get.

Update: I apparently didn't clean the gloves off well enough after my last use. Something -- vegetable oil, perhaps? -- ate into and fatally weakened the fingertips on one of the gloves. Time for new gloves -- and I'm getting another pair of these.

3.0 out of 5 stars The size is actually very small, December 28, 2011
3 stars.
The material is good, and the gloves seem to be durable and of high quality overall, but the description is wrong: it's not "large". If this size is *large*, then their *small* size will fit only a little kid.

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST gloves ever., April 25, 2011
This review is from: Casabella Waterstop Premium Rubber Gloves, Large (Kitchen)
I have tried so many and these are by far the best. There is no smell! and they fit so nicely...it is not hard to keep hold of the dishes. i highly recommend this for everyone who has to wear gloves but hates it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Were mine from a bad batch?, September 1, 2013
jetpower (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casabella Waterstop Premium Rubber Gloves, Large (Kitchen)
Over the past three decades, I have probably used every type of glove available for washing dishes. When one type finally fails after 6 months or so, I might try a different type, to see whether the manufacturer might have improved product quality.

For the past couple of years, quality has seemed to deteriorate - gloves which I use only for dishwashing last no more than 2-3 months. Even the clunky old standby, cloth-lined Playtex gloves, aren't lasting much longer than the $2.99 store brands.

So I was hopeful about the Casabella gloves. The built-in cuff didn't impress me; that's an old trick. However, the many positive reviews here supported my preliminary conclusion that the gloves commanded a premium price because of unusual care in the specification and manufacture of a superior glove.

Boy, was I wrong.

My experience with these gloves has been disappointing, for the following reasons:

1) The large size is surprisingly small; my barely-large hands barely fit into them. My hands don't sweat much, and I like to remove gloves without having to turn them inside-out. Cloth-lined gloves are not essential for this, and the Casabellas' smooth lining is thick enough to provide smooth exit - but not when they are skin-tight. Still, it's not intolerable - except when combined with the condition described below in Reason Two:

2) Within a few weeks of receiving the Casabellas, most of the fingertips - on both hands - began to crack, allowing water into the inside of the gloves. Again, I have used the Casabellas solely for washing dishes.

The hot pink is, frankly, funny! But I need gloves that are large enough and of higher quality. If I must continue replacing dishwashing gloves five or six times a year, many less expensive gloves continue to be available.

I'll be happy to revisit my review and to revise the rating if I hear a response from Casabella or others to the effect that they ran into a bad batch of materials or a one-time manufacturing issue that affected the gloves I bought.

1.0 out of 5 stars Despite good reviews, very disappointing long term performance, July 29, 2012
This review is from: Casabella Waterstop Premium Rubber Gloves, Large (Kitchen)
I bought these Casabella Waterstop Premium Rubber Gloves in late December of 2011. I rarely used them, maybe 4-5 times, specifically for washing dishes with dish detergent, and kept them on the dish rack in the kitchen. This morning, when I picked them up for use, I noticed that the sides of the gloves had developed a few one inch slits, and there were small slits between each finger on both gloves. Wow, worthless. I noticed a few months ago that the gloves had turned from red to a paler color, almost as it they were oxidizing. They were not left in the sun, and only subject to mild dish washing liquid and typical temperature hot tap water. It was as if the gloves just rotted away. Very sad.

I have a pair of blue Playtex gloves I bought 4 years ago, for significantly less moola, and except for a small knife slit in one finger that I created, they are still intact and working. Guess I'll go back to Playtex.

I wonder if this is atypical, as I read a number of reviews for this product before buying them, and I've never seen this type of complaint, nor have I ever had this happen to a pair of rubber gloves, regardless of brand. I plan to mention this issue to Casabella as well. I hate to give these gloves one star; the fit and the length were great, the color attractive, but in light of my experience with them, I felt it important to pass on to other consumers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Casabell Rubber Gloves, Large, June 6, 2013
This review is from: Casabella Waterstop Premium Rubber Gloves, Large (Kitchen)
I am a man with medium sized hands. I wash my car, wash dishes and otherwise need rubber gloves to save my hands from detergents or household solvents. These gloves are adequate to the task. They are heavy, long and seem sturdy. Unfortunately, Although sized "large," they are also tight.

Why? I believe that rubber gloves are designed for womens' hands, so "large" means large women hands. That is a snug fit for a man. These Casabella large gloves are a little larger than the supermarket type of rubber gloves, but not much, so I presume that they are likewise designed for women. So how about a size that fits men? Yes, special chemical protective gloves are sized big enough, because a man is the presumed user. But for ordinary household use rubber gloves, I haven't found man-sized gloves yet. And I wash dishes? Yes, but I'm not a sissy. My Marine Corps drill instructors didn't think so and my buddies in Vietnam didn't either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crazy in love with this glove, April 4, 2013
This review is from: Casabella Waterstop Premium Rubber Gloves, Large (Kitchen)
I am a self proclaimed connoisseur of kitchen gloves. And ever so sadly, I am usually disappointed in their performance. In the past, I've bought gloves that are either too tight, too smelly, too easy to rip, bad at gripping dishes or they roll down my arm so that water gets inside the glove and burns my hands. Therefore, I am constantly in search of the perfect kitchen glove. The Casabella gloves have none of the problems that i just mentioned and while these gloves are not perfect, they definitely deserve a five star rating for the reasons below:

1) I like that the Casabella gloves are thick. They are not made of thin, flimsy rubber that rips or wears away easily. I have found that some of the thinner types of kitchen gloves tend to wear away at the finger tips when exposed to repeated contact with household cleaners. However, these gloves are thick enough that they don't have that problem, which makes them last a lot longer than the thinner, more cheaply made kitchen gloves.

2) I am also pleased that the gloves grip my hands nicely and don't slip down to let water into the gloves. This is one of my biggest pet peeves with some of the thinner, more cheaply made kitchen gloves. There is nothing that I hate more than a splash of boiling hot water running from the sink down my arm and hand because the glove is either too loose or because the glove has slipped down my arm. I am a woman with medium/large sized hands and I find that the large size Casabella gloves fit snuggly but comfortably on me, and do not slip down to allow water into the gloves as I wash dishes.

3) I also like these gloves because they grip dishes well. With other brands of gloves I have had problems with dropping soapy dishes in the sink which sometimes shatters them. There is nothing more aggravating than breaking dishes and having to clean up shards of glass from the sink and the drain. The Casabella gloves grip quite well and I though I have used them a lot, I have yet to have any issues with dropping soapy dishes while wearing these gloves.

For all of the above reasons, I highly recommend the Casabella Premium Rubber Gloves!