Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on December 27, 2012
One thing I loved about this book was the fact Quinn doesn't beat around the bush, "He sat down his fork, and leaned in toward me, his breath smelling like roses and softly spoke, "I know you are a werewolf, hon. So, when did you first turn?" I loved Parker and her sarcastic ways and the fact that she's finally telling her BFF Jackie her secret that she has kept for two years to herself, and bringing her up to speed on all the supernatural stuff as well. "Quinn is a vampire, I'm in love with him and he turned your boyfriend into one too, isn't that awesome. Now, if I turn you into a werewolf we can all be together and happy!!" I truly can't wait for the next book in the series. Amy has a gift with words, and talent, I rarely get excited for book series but I'm really excited about this one!
on June 2, 2012
A wonderful read for all. However, I feel the young reader will be drawn to the book once introduced. Besides the life changing events of the supernatural, the normal teen trials make it totally relate-able.Friends, family, and freaky and the interchange as one merge's to another. Looking forward to more.....
on May 28, 2012
What a nice twist the author gives us in this paranormal romance pairing vampires and werewolves together romantically and as friends. The book begins by detailing Parker's unfortunate and painful journey as a teenage werewolf suffering all alone at each full moon. Then the handsome and unsparkly vampire - Quinn - enters her life. Parker finally has someone she can confide in - another creature of the night who understands her secrets. Although they are supposed to be natural enemies, they quickly find solace in each other and the fairy tale romance begins. Parker finally starts to feel like a normal teenager in love until a brutal murder rocks the small town of Cascade. Love takes a deadly turn and revenge seems to be on the menu. Everyone is keeping secrets and poor Parker doesn't know who to believe anymore. This book is definitely a page turner and will keep you guessing until the end. It is a story about love, friendship, strength, and loyalty. The author does a good job portraying an insecure teenager who really just wants to be "normal." I can't wait to read more about Parker and Quinn! Great first book!
on November 24, 2013
I got this book from the author, free of cost, in exchange of an honest review from my side.
Firstly I would like to thank the author for giving me this opportunity of reading and reviewing this book.
I got this book from Lovers of Paranormal Group of Goodreads for Read & Review.
Well, to be honest the concept didn’t stand out for me compared to the other shifter stories but I liked the execution very much. The writing style of the author seemed to be a little weak in case of grammatical perfection but over all I liked the presentation of the scenes. Regarding the characters I have a mixed feeling, I mean sometimes the main character seemed to be very matured and straight-forward but other times she seemed to be downright stupid.
Over all a good read which deserves a shot of course but I didn’t get much impressed by this book and the most negative factor about this story is that I couldn’t connect with the plot and the characters which I also read in other reviews that they faced this same problem. The cliff-hanger is great and I’ll go through book 2 just for the cliff-hanger in book 1.
on July 22, 2013
This is definitely a very twisty, turny story that will keep you on your toes. The characters are quirky and well described, making it easy to get a handle on what kind of people they are, but at the same time, so many different events happen that it would be difficult to guess where they story could be headed.

When I first started reading, my initial thought was that the characters seemed a little immature. After thought, I realized that this book actually gives a fairly accurate take on how mid-teens act (at least in my experience), and it's just many of the other YA novels out there that make teenagers seem much more mature than the majority of children their age. Once I put this together, I found the characters much more enjoyable and even laughed at some of the names that were being tossed about. I really hadn't even thought of the insult "buttmunch" for at least 15 years. It took me back to my youth, and I enjoyed that feeling.

Although the plot and characters worked well for the story, I did have problems with the writing style. I'm a bit of an English nerd, and there were a lot of editing issues that made it difficult for me to read at times. Examples of this are multiple people talking in one paragraph, the first word of dialogue not being capitalized, or missing/misplaced commas. Under normal circumstances, I try to ignore these grammatical issues and enjoy the story, but in this case the errors were so often that I did start to become annoyed and it detracted from my reading.

Being the author's first book, she did a fantastic job creating a fun and catchy story that would be perfectly suited for the younger end of YA! All this book needs is a few final touches with the editing, and it'll easily be a 4-5 star book!

Note: I received a free copy of this book via smashwords from the author for honest review.
on November 23, 2012
The opening of Cascades of Moonlight by Amy K. McClung immediately piqued my interest. This is not simply because I love shifter books, but I really liked the concept for Cascades of Moonlight. The idea that a girl has to cope with theses changes by herself intrigued me.

Initially, I warmed to Parker's character. I liked her resolve and her focus. With the first introduction of Quinn, I enjoyed their relationship interactions and the range of plot twists that were hard to second guess. This really enabled me to continue enjoying reading this book. However, my attitude toward Parker did change somewhat as the book progressed. In the end, her reactions irritated me a little; they certainly frustrated me. Although, it could be easily interpreted that Amy K. McClung has therefore created a very realistic teenager!

At times the storyline progressed at an unrealistic pace. Events or responses would happen that were a little too coincidental. Yet there were other times in the book where chapters and characters flowed and developed beautifully. I was a little frustrated by the dialogue; the flow between the characters at time was disjointed and didn't flow very naturally. Although, it's no big secret that generally character dialogue in books can disgruntle me a little.

I was really pleased with the way that McClung crafted the ending of this book. It reiterated her skill with plot twists and sets the book up nicely for the next in the series.

Cascades of Moonlight is a creative YA paranormal read with many unique qualities. Bex 'n' Books rated 3.5 fairies (4 stars for Amazon etc).
on May 28, 2012
I being from Cascade Idaho, Amy you have portrayed the small town feel in your book so close it's as if you where there. the twists and turns of the plot was what kept me from setting it down till the end. can not wait to read more about Parker and Quinn!!
on May 25, 2012
Good book! Written in the first person perspective and seems like a rral teenage girl is talking and narrarating. At first I thought "oh no... Twilight copy" but it just kept getting better. The plot twists kept me up way too late and the ending kept hitting over and over. Amy, when you read this, text casey and apologize for taking me away from her for a few evenings.
on January 22, 2013
Wow, this book was awesome. I really loved the storyline. It meshed Twilight with Vampire Diaries, which are two of my absolute favorite things. The plot progression was so intriguing and it kept the reader guessing from the beginning. I hadn't read the blurb or I hadn't known anything about this book before I started reading it and I have to admit I was having a hard time reading chapter one. The details and background were there, but I had nothing to connect them to. I was also unaware if the person talking was male or female. But once I got past that, the story blew me away. I couldn't put the book down once I started going. I really loved all the plot twists. It really kept me guessing and when I thought I figured everything out, I was completely wrong. It was so exciting to see the story play out.

Parker is an awesome lead character. She has a great personality and she has a heart of gold. She really cares for everyone around her. She is naïve with the best intentions. Plus I have to comment on the fact that she is a huge movie buff, because so am I. When she talks about her closet where she keeps her movie collection, I totally found myself smiling like an idiot because I can totally relate to that and it sounds like my collection. Really had nothing to do with the plot of the story, just a very small detail that I really liked about her.

I really love Quinn's sarcastic attitude when he first meets Parker. That makes him likeable, at least for me, from the start. As the story progresses, Quinn becomes my favorite. The love he shows is so heartwarming and I totally would want to be with him!!

The other characters Jackie, Mitchell, Lizzy, and Will are great compliments to the main characters. Jackie is Parker's best friend. I really liked their relationship in the begin and how close they were. However, I started to dislike Jackie as the story went on. I really didn't start to like her again until the very end when everything unfolded and her actions were explained. Mitchell, Jackie's boyfriend, is super adorable. I just wanted to hug him throughout the entire book. Lizzy is not my favorite, but she definitely makes the story interesting. I won't say another word about her because I don't want to spoil her entrance and her role in this story!! Just know that she will be a surprise!!

Now on to Will. Where do I even begin!! I liked him and felt so sorry for him when he came into the story. However, my mind changed as the story progressed. He haunted the reader until the very end. Don't want to give anything away, but be warned that he is the character that will keep you on your toes and you will never see it coming!!

So overall, I would totally give this book 5 out of 5 stars for an intriguing plot with many twists and turns that keeps the reader guessing until the very end, strong characters with supernatural personalities, and an cliff hanging ending that makes you want to read book 2, like yesterday!! Wonderful job Amy, I can't wait to see what you have in story for Parker and the gang!! You Rock!!! :)
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2013
I loved the first 15 percent or so of the book. Then it lost me, I hung in until about 30 percent and gave up.

This isn't a bad book, it just isn't for me. I loved Parker at first, she seemed mature. I really liked the Mitchell and Jackie dynamic. Their story was so sweet. The problem I ran into is

1 I did not like Quinn. The Hon and sweetheart and kid turned me off from the beginning. To me it came across as patronizing and did not seem to fit his personality. Quinn just seemed off to me.

2 Will. What just happened? Way too fast and convoluted.

3. It became a soap opera high school drama. Just all of a sudden devolved from mature characters to this angsty immature high school stuff

I get this book is about HS . I am fine with that, HS tends to be over dramatic with girls crying in the bathroom over stupid misunderstandings. This book did that. It just seemed so different from the book I started reading. I am an older reader that frequently enjoys ya books.

This book just changed so much on maturity level and got so dramatic I could not finish. I feel like this might be due to a preference vs the authors actual talent. Normally if I can not finish a book I give 2 or less stars. In this case, I was fed up with the storyline, but I thought it might just be this book is written for a younger audience. I did not feel like it was a horrid book, just not for me.

So initially a great start, but not invested enough t continue.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse